Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Not sure where to post this, but I am having a SEC+ access dilemma. I have never dealt with a company I dislike more that Charter Spectrum, so I tried to switch to HULU plus, which seemed like the right choice until I realized I couldn't get SEC+ programming, just regular SEC network programs. The problem is that between November and May, half of all my tv/streaming watching is SEC+. I closely follow WBB, softball baseball, and gymnastics, most of it being on SEC+. I begrudgingly went back to Spectrum, but I can't tell you how frustrating it has been to get it reinstated and not getting the help I need to adapt to all of their changes. I have googled who carries SEC+ without cable, but it just brings up services such as Hulu that just get the SEC network games. After that over-verbose context, does anyone here get SEC+ without a cable company?
Thanks!

Reactions: knoxvol52
Not sure where to post this, but I am having a SEC+ access dilemma. I have never dealt with a company I dislike more that Charter Spectrum, so I tried to switch to HULU plus, which seemed like the right choice until I realized I couldn't get SEC+ programming, just regular SEC network programs. The problem is that between November and May, half of all my tv/streaming watching is SEC+. I closely follow WBB, softball baseball, and gymnastics, most of it being on SEC+. I begrudgingly went back to Spectrum, but I can't tell you how frustrating it has been to get it reinstated and not getting the help I need to adapt to all of their changes. I have googled who carries SEC+ without cable, but it just brings up services such as Hulu that just get the SEC network games. After that over-verbose context, does anyone here get SEC+ without a cable company?
Thanks!

Sling TV with the sports package is by far the best I have found. I also have ESPN+ which helps.

With sling you can get all SEC games, ACC, PAC-12

@LV renaissance

I have the Orange + Blue Package.

You can login to the ESPN app with your sling subscription and stream games from there or you can stream directly from sling.

You really just need the ESPN ap, but the catch is you have to have cable or a streaming service to access it's live content. I have DirecTV streaming and use it to log into the ESPN ap. From there you can access everything on SEC+. Some of what you're describing may be on ESPN+ and in that case there is extra cost.

I'm surprised Hulu streaming doesn't support the ESPN ap. Bad business choice.

Last edited:
You really just need the ESPN ap, but the catch is you have to have cable or a streaming service to access it's live content. I have DirecTV streaming and use it to log into the ESPN ap. From there you can access everything on SEC+. Some of what you're describing may be on ESPN+ and in that case there is extra cost.

I'm surprised Hulu streaming doesn't support the ESPN ap. Bad business choice.
It does support it. I have it. @LV renaissance are you sure you’re not able to get the + content. I’m able to.

Thanks!
YouTube TV. but I thought if you got SEC channel you should get sec+. I know I have to go thru the espn app to sign in.

Reactions: LV renaissance
Exactly, 100% BS. Obviously yanking chains as earlier I asked him if he had communicated directly with Ms. Cooper. Just can’t stand she is going to be a Lady Vol.
Lucy, he didn’t mean it that way, he is a stand up type person, he was just being humorous to knock the edge off the topic. I was partly responsible for the whole back and forth with WC, trust me, we are both glad for Coop she landed in a good place. Everyone wishes her the best sincerely, that was lost somewhere in all the back and forth.

It does support it. I have it. @LV renaissance are you sure you’re not able to get the + content. I’m able to.
I really appreciate all the good input from everyone. I figured this would be the best place to ask given there are many avid sport fans here. In the past, when I go through my Hulu app and then to the ESPN link within the app, i just get ESPN+ and the ESPN channels games. When I got to the SEC network through Hulu, it just lists the SEC network games but not the SEC+ games. I will try again tomorrow when there is some good WBB on SEC+ after our game. If this doesn't work, I will look at some of the options that were mentioned. Thanks again.

I really appreciate all the good input from everyone. I figured this would be the best place to ask given there are many avid sport fans here. In the past, when I go through my Hulu app and then to the ESPN link within the app, i just get ESPN+ and the ESPN channels games. When I got to the SEC network through Hulu, it just lists the SEC network games but not the SEC+ games. I will try again tomorrow when there is some good WBB on SEC+ after our game. If this doesn't work, I will look at some of the options that were mentioned. Thanks again.
Download the espn app and sign in thru Hulu

Lucy, he didn’t mean it that way, he is a stand up type person, he was just being humorous to knock the edge off the topic. I was partly responsible for the whole back and forth with WC, trust me, we are both glad for Coop she landed in a good place. Everyone wishes her the best sincerely, that was lost somewhere in all the back and forth.
Thanks for the context Rooster. The point I was trying to make was that he was not being serious. A couple of posters thought he was truly claiming to have spoken to Ms. Cooper so it was getting a little sideways.
I trust your judgement on this poster but it still rubs me the wrong way that he could not acknowledge a player might just prefer the Lady Vols over USC. I have no problem saying not every program is a good fit for every player. His assertions, aside from good wishes for Ms. Cooper, seemed disrespectful to our program. Just my take on it.

OKLAHOMA WINS! OKLAHOMA WINS!
Down goes number 2. I've been watching and following women's basketball 35+ years and have never seen this many upsets of ranked teams. It has been a rollercoaster kind of season. In the SEC alone, any team outside of the top two is going to have 8+ losses this year. Bracketology has 8 teams from the SEC in the tournament. The Lady Vols just needs to hold on to that top 4 placement in the league and we should be easily in the tournament and also getting that double bye for the SEC tournament.

I do the sling orange with the sports add on only during basketball season then cancel it throughout the rest of the year. Gives me most everything I want. Occasionally a game ends up on ESPN Plus so I have to have that app as well when that happens. That's generally more so in the preseason and non-conference though. I think the rest of the games should be viewable through sling TV orange with the sports app add-on

Down goes number 2. I've been watching and following women's basketball 35+ years and have never seen this many upsets of ranked teams. It has been a rollercoaster kind of season. In the SEC alone, any team outside of the top two is going to have 8+ losses this year. Bracketology has 8 teams from the SEC in the tournament. The Lady Vols just needs to hold on to that top 4 placement in the league and we should be easily in the tournament and also getting that double bye for the SEC tournament.
Fr I think they said this is the SEVENTH time this season number 2 has fallen to an unranked team. Wild. I agree we take care of business and finish in the top of the SEC we’re good. Our conference NET is good

VN Store

Back