Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I think schools are just going to buy planes and pay pilots.

That’s the only logistical way to fly that many people that far without it being an unending disaster.

By the time you add up the costs of flying them commercial all the way cross country it’s going to pay for itself.
A Gulfstream G650 costs about $65,000,000. It's maximum capacity is 19 passengers. That limits it's use to the men's and women's basketball teams. And even then, you wouldn't be able to fit all of the coaches and assistants in.
Annual fixed costs are $3,000,000 plus.
Actual air time would run in excess of $8,000 per hour. If it's used 20 hours a week, throughout the year, that would be 1,000 hours (Which is a lot), or an additional $8,000,000 dollars a year.
Flying commercial is less expensive.

A Gulfstream G650 costs about $65,000,000. It's maximum capacity is 19 passengers. That limits it's use to the men's and women's basketball teams. And even then, you wouldn't be able to fit all of the coaches and assistants in.
Annual fixed costs are $3,000,000 plus.
Actual air time would run in excess of $8,000 per hour. If it's used 20 hours a week, throughout the year, that would be 1,000 hours (Which is a lot), or an additional $8,000,000 dollars a year.
Flying commercial is less expensive.

This is the most expensive scenario possible. You can buy a wonderful used aircraft that flies 20+ for a fraction of what you describe.

Lots of schools charter already and that’s probably the more likely scenario but if you’re talking coast to coast for a number of teams, that adds up very quickly.

mulkey will NOT take her starters out no matter the score which i think is silly. when one of them gets hurt being up 30 she’s gonna feel silly.
I think she is trying to run up her NET ranking as the margin of victory is a huge part of it probably the main reason were having so much trouble breaking upwards in the bracket. Kellie uses subs when she has a 17 point lead does not use starters to try to extend it to 25.

Reactions: travis929
I think she is trying to run up her NET ranking as the margin of victory is a huge part of it probably the main reason were having so much trouble breaking upwards in the bracket. Kellie uses subs when she has a 17 point lead does not use starters to try to extend it to 25.
because mulkey plays no team of substance OOC so she has to run up the score on the bottom SEC teams. i really hope she starts scheduling a tougher OOC schedule.

Not an attitude just saying what happens today. Sure they have to go sometime, but they could go two weeks online and don't see anyway that they will not have to. Six hour flight and next day play the game and six hour flight back at least three or four days to play one game.
Well, heck...then do away with the buildings and the student dorms and let the sports teams just congregate to play games. Close down the campuses and have at it. No college experience just online and game day. No one needs to go to campus because that classroom stuff is not important. It can be just as good online. Really ? That's your answer ?The same rule applies to the general student population if that's your out....geez.....

Reactions: brittannica
So....stay out of school for over a week and possibly more...? That might as well be the pro route rather than a college amateur sporting event. This is going to be a problem any way you slice it.
Why out of school for a week? Brick and mortar kind of classroom, eh?

We’re discussing out of box solutions presented by the problem of coast to coast travel.

Last edited:
Cameron Brinks for Wooden Award 🤷🤷🤷
Caitlin Clark most likely has inside track on that Award
JuJu Watkins Freshman phenom should be considered..

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Ole Miss fouled Tennessee players with no regard due to poor officiating in Oxford and they escaped with a win. Today, South Carolina shoot over 40 free throws in a single game because Ole Miss would not get a single call against SC in SC like they repeatedly got at home vs Tennessee.

In order for this sport to truly be taken seriously they need to improve the officiating.

Secondly, I saw someone declare LSU as one of the best two teams in WBB.

Nothing about that LSU team is anywhere near a Top 10 let alone a Top 2 team in WBB.

Ole Miss fouled Tennessee players with no regard due to poor officiating in Oxford and they escaped with a win. Today, South Carolina shoot over 40 free throws in a single game because Ole Miss would not get a single call against SC in SC like they repeatedly got at home vs Tennessee.

In order for this sport to truly be taken seriously they need to improve the officiating.

Nothing about that LSU team is anywhere near a Top 10 let alone a Top 2 team in WBB.
Which call(s) stood out to you as wrong? Oh yeah, you didn’t watch, never mind.

Ole Miss had 3 fouls in the first three minutes!
which goes to show you cannot touch the South Carolina players but mugging the Tennessee players is acceptable! Pitiful!

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back