Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

One thing about Yo, she's always going to speak, and usually honestly. She was dismayed about the reffing against SC to say the least. Said everytime they got something going there was a whistle. Hard to overcome 40 freethrows. Said she had to play people who had no business on the court in a game like this. Strong stuff, but what are you going to do?
Here is the actual interview with her quotes and context. Sorta changes your narrative don’t you think?

Last edited:
There is one option and one option only for SEC Player of the Week.

The Lady Vols are in the driver’s seat. This is a championship program. Jewel Spear and Rickea Jackson are championship caliber players.

Lets GBO🍊

Reactions: Lucy and Majac
They do have to attend class so…….
I don't know how they will handle it. 61 percent of all college students take at least one college class online and 30 percent take them all that way. It is going to be a problem for athletes that have to travel six hours one day play a game the next and travel back six hours just to play one game. So they are missing three days out of that week to play one road game. I will be interested how the ACC solves the problem of travel for basketball teams who play multiple games per week. Football no problem with one game per week.

Well, heck...then do away with the buildings and the student dorms and let the sports teams just congregate to play games. Close down the campuses and have at it. No college experience just online and game day. No one needs to go to campus because that classroom stuff is not important. It can be just as good online. Really ? That's your answer ?The same rule applies to the general student population if that's your out....geez.....
I don't know how Stanford will handle the problem. Going to be a problem so what is your solution? It is a fact that 61 percent of college students take at least one class online and 30 percent take them all. I'm not advocating anything just trying to come up with a common sense approach for a West Coast team to play games on the East coast. You really think they can fly for 6 hours play a game the next day and fly back 6 hours for just one game? Do that nine times a season. Come up with a solution not an attitude, I'm not against students going to class, but in this situation your missing a lot of days regardless. I could see a decision where they would choose to play two weeks on the road while already there then back home for two weeks and a bye week. Or they can miss three days a week just to play one game. Plus were not talking about the general student population were talking about athletes who certainly in a lot of cases are subject to a different criteria.

Here is the actual interview with her quotes and context. Sorta changes your narrative don’t you think?

She kind of complained about officiating in a subtle way. She knows your not allowed to call officials out. She says two players picked up two fouls in a minute a little laugh. She mentions 42 free throws so no she did not come flat out and say these officials suck but she definitely threw shade at them.

I don't know how they will handle it. 61 percent of all college students take at least one college class online and 30 percent take them all that way. It is going to be a problem for athletes that have to travel six hours one day play a game the next and travel back six hours just to play one game. So they are missing three days out of that week to play one road game. I will be interested how the ACC solves the problem of travel for basketball teams who play multiple games per week. Football no problem with one game per week.
Online classes will handle the missed class time for sure. I'm sure there will be some problems with labs, etc, but they'll work through those. Remember, the LVs took laptops to Europe to keep up w summer classes, which almost all take to lighten the load during the season. I gave up wishing college students would go to actual college a long time ago. They don't.

I'm far less worried about the missed classes than the actual travel. The danger, the expense, just the wear and tear of the travel will be off the charts. That the local conference split, and that far away conferences were joined with the travel issues being little more than an afterthought tells you all you need to know.
She kind of complained about officiating in a subtle way. She knows your not allowed to call officials out. She says two players picked up two fouls in a minute a little laugh. She mentions 42 free throws so no she did not come flat out and say these officials suck but she definitely threw shade at them.
Exxactly. She went as far as she could without getting penalized, and she did say she was sure they did foul some. But she was clearly discouraged and felt their chances were diminished by the frequent whistles, most of which went against them. 40 free throws ya'll. And naturally she went on to heap the requisite praise on her sovereign majesty Dawn.

Hey we got this treatment during the heyday. I don't think it's a conscious bias, but refs most definitely have a subconscious great team/great coach/great player bias.

She said there were a lot of fouls called both ways. Cardoso had 2 fouls in the first 4 minutes….She also said she is sure her players committed the fouls they were called for, and if you watched the game she is right. They earned every whistle. It’s their style to play aggressive, and against more talented players it bites you.

She said there were a lot of fouls called both ways. Cardoso had 2 fouls in the first 4 minutes….She also said she is sure her players committed the fouls they were called for, and if you watched the game she is right. They earned every whistle. It’s their style to play aggressive, and against more talented players it bites you.
Umm, not quite. After complaining about the constant whistles and 40 fts, she said, "I'm sure we fouled". Not quite we committed the fouls we were called for. Obviously, she wouldn't have brought it up if she didn't think she was on the short end of most of those calls

.Part of being the runaway favorite and the undisputed top dog is you just take stuff like Yo's woes, even if you think it's bogus. We did it for years.

I do want to say something nice about Her Sovereign Majesty. I really appreciate the standards she hold her team to on and off the court. I believe it's Dawn's steadfast refusal to let them be obnoxious oncourt dumbasses that ended the idiocy that broke out last spring. In spite of stupid takes that it was "good for the game", that stuff is gone this year. No more in the face taunting, finger licking, etc even for CC and AR. When Dawn cracked down on even blowing kisses early this year, it said alot. Thank you Dawn for using your considerable influence that way.

Last edited:
Umm, not quite. After complaining about the constant whistles and 40 fts, she said, "I'm sure we fouled". Not quite we committed the fouls we were called for. Obviously, she wouldn't have brought it up if she didn't think she was on the short end of most of those calls

.Part of being the runaway favorite and the undisputed top dog is you just take stuff like Yo's woes, even if you think it's bogus. We did it for years.

I do want to say something nice about Her Sovereign Majesty. I really appreciate the standards she hold her team to on and off the court. I believe it's Dawn's steadfast refusal to let them be obnoxious oncourt dumbasses that ended the idiocy that broke out last spring. In spite of stupid takes that it was "good for the game", that stuff is gone this year. No more in the face taunting, finger licking, etc even for CC and AR. When Dawn cracked down on even blowing kisses early this year, it said alot. Thank you Dawn for using your considerable influence that way.
Some are still waving goodbye to the crowd when they leave the court. I guess that's still ok.

I'm not questioning any call just what she said sure it was physical enough for the calls made.

Online classes will handle the missed class time for sure. I'm sure there will be some problems with labs, etc, but they'll work through those. Remember, the LVs took laptops to Europe to keep up w summer classes, which almost all take to lighten the load during the season. I gave up wishing college students would go to actual college a long time ago. They don't.

I'm far less worried about the missed classes than the actual travel. The danger, the expense, just the wear and tear of the travel will be off the charts. That the local conference split, and that far away conferences were joined with the travel issues being little more than an afterthought tells you all you need to know.

Exxactly. She went as far as she could without getting penalized, and she did say she was sure they did foul some. But she was clearly discouraged and felt their chances were diminished by the frequent whistles, most of which went against them. 40 free throws ya'll. And naturally she went on to heap the requisite praise on her sovereign majesty Dawn.

Hey we got this treatment during the heyday. I don't think it's a conscious bias, but refs most definitely have a subconscious great team/great coach/great player bias.
Seems some or most thought I was saying students shouldn't go to class at all or something to that effect. I was only offering a solution to the large amount of travel that Stanford is going to need to endure. It was giving a solution that seem sane and less wearing on student athletes. I certainly have no final decision in how they handle it nor do I have a lot of concern. Sometimes posters on here get on edge for the very slightest reasons.

She definitely didn't like the way the game was called. Sc fans seem to think she was fine with it. Evidently they can't understand throwing shade in ways that can also sound like praise.

It's a definite now, Dawn announced Cardoso will miss the Missouri and UConn games.

Who steps up?
I doubt the loss of Cardoso will hurt South Carolina much for those games. Not diminishing Cardoso's impact, but they have so many experienced and talented players. They can afford to not have her for a few games.

Home teams 99.9% of the time get the calls by refs, I never have complained about officiating personally because it's out if the viewers control.

Was officiating one-sided ? Maybe .

Would a fair whistle changed the outcome? Most definitely not.
They had a bad day shooting free throws or the score would've been worse.

I doubt the loss of Cardoso will hurt South Carolina much for those games. Not diminishing Cardoso's impact, but they have so many experienced and talented players. They can afford to not have her for a few games.
May give Uconn a little more of a chance but both home games should not cause any problem.

Reactions: maple and travis929

VN Store

Back