Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Ole Miss had 3 fouls in the first three minutes!
which goes to show you cannot touch the South Carolina players but mugging the Tennessee players is acceptable! Pitiful!

Right, pitiful and a joke. Tennessee players literally were knocked down shooting the ball and no foul was called. Jackson was hacked every time she tried to move in the paint, no call.

The refs literally watched it happened for a whole 4 quarters down there in Oxford and as soon as a 50/50 call favored OM they blew the whistle. They did it though because they know Tennessee sideline allows that kind of officiating against their team. They got to start getting technicals or something. Because if South Carolina shot 40 free throws at home then Tennessee should’ve gotten atleast 20 on the road in Oxford.
That’s the facts.

I think the only thing they can do it is multiple schedule the road trips. When Stanford goes to the East coast they need to play Duke, NC, NC St, Clemson, and Wake Forest all in one road trip. Then host them all at home. Traveling back and forth for one game or even two is just going to be to much travel. Certainly not ideal, but more sustainable to spend a couple weeks on the road a couple at home then throw in a bye week. Then another long road trip and the finish at home.
They do have to attend class so…….

Reactions: brittannica
My whole point was...there is no good solution.
There sure isn't. I think multi-game, lenghty trips are inevitable. Play all the NC schools in one trip, ect. Another out there possibility I've heard is neutral site games somewhere in the middle of the country. Of course no one wants to give up home games w ticket sales, etc. Not fan friendly at all, like the bad ole days of covid. And very unfortunate for families who would kinda like to see their kid play.

This issue is such a crass example of money ruling over the interest of the athletes. Just unbelieveable to even consider this kind of travel in mid winter.

There sure isn't. I think multi-game, lenghty trips are inevitable. Play all the NC schools in one trip, ect. Another out there possibility I've heard is neutral site games somewhere in the middle of the country. Of course no one wants to give up home games w ticket sales, etc. Not fan friendly at all, like the bad ole days of covid. And very unfortunate for families who would kinda like to see their kid play.

This issue is such a crass example of money ruling over the interest of the athletes. Just unbelieveable to even consider this kind of travel in mid winter.
Yep. The regional conference model has been laid waste. There were pretty solid reasons it was arranged that way. Pretty sure once the mega conference comes into play, it will settle back into something similar to the past.

Reactions: glv98
One thing about Yo, she's always going to speak, and usually honestly. She was dismayed about the reffing against SC to say the least. Said everytime they got something going there was a whistle. Hard to overcome 40 freethrows. Said she had to play people who had no business on the court in a game like this. Strong stuff, but what are you going to do?

One thing about Yo, she's always going to speak, and usually honestly. She was dismayed about the reffing against SC to say the least. Said everytime they got something going there was a whistle. Hard to overcome 40 freethrows. Said she had to play people who had no business on the court in a game like this. Strong stuff, but what are you going to do?
They seem to get every call for some reason, it’s going to take a lot for either us or LSU to knock them off in the Sec tournament.

Last edited:
It wasn’t only on the Ole Miss players. They blew the whistle 40 times for fouls. It was an awful game to watch and I agree with her. Neither team could get in the flow of the game. Cardoso had 2 fouls called before midway of the first quarter and Ole Miss had 3 players with 2 fouls by then. There were a lot of free-throws in this game.

Dee Canter seemed to call a pretty fair game in Fayetteville… 😉

I was amazed…

…errr. Not sure this should have stopped the show.
She would have been mortified to have stood up without her wig. Of COURSE making sure that didn't happen was more important than the game in that moment. It was the kind and decent thing to do to allow her to get herself together, and every woman huddling around her to give her that private moment to handle that situation is amazing for coming through for her. 🥰

She would have been mortified to have stood up without her wig. Of COURSE making sure that didn't happen was more important than the game in that moment. It was the kind and decent thing to do to allow her to get herself together, and every woman huddling around her to give her that private moment to handle that situation is amazing for coming through for her. 🥰
@Volstylexx , shout out! What’s yer take? 😈

Reactions: Volstylexx

Yes I’m all for wig breaks. Same applies at the club. If things come loose time stops so a lady can get right lol.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back