Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Oof that was a bad AM game for the boys.. but love that Barnes left with no timeouts and took his last full timeout with 10 secs left to give it to the refs. Notes can be taken

it’s a non lady vol forum meaning we talk about all sports here. I always see most of the boys news in their forum anyways
Wrong, you need it spelled out? Ok, this thread is for WBB, capiche? there is a thread for MBB. Trust me, you fell into the wrong thread and you know it.

Last edited:
Thread is called Non Lady Vol Basketball News…..what is hard to understand here? In the LV basketball/sports site, who is confused here? Who needs directions to the proper site for MBB? Tell us confused ones…

Last edited:
Thread is called Non Lady Vol Basketball News…..what is hard to understand here? In the LV basketball/sports site, who is confused here? Who needs directions to the proper site for MBB? Tell us confused ones…
Yes but some of us like to talk men’s basketball with fellow lady vol fans so we do it here. I see no big deal with it.

Yes but some of us like to talk men’s basketball with fellow lady vol fans so we do it here. I see no big deal with it.
There is a thread for that, just so happens it’s not this one. But by all means, feel free to talk MBB on a WBB site. Maybe folks could take WBB topics to the MBB site with no blowback, not. Get real. Have some respect for women’s sports, it would not be tolerated on the men’s site, so why do you think it is cool here? Imagine if posters started talking about all other MBB teams and topics here…,,you get it or you don’t. This thread was set up to discuss Non LV basketball topics, i.e. WBB not specifically LV basketball. Hello.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucy
Lauren Betts played last night. That's great news. Not sure how much she played but had like 9 pts and 6 rebs. Certainly a better outlook than that very emotional presser indicated. Hope she stays well and prospers.
Definitely think it was a mental health issue. Only thing that makes sense based on what transpired.

After watching 6-3 Joyce Edwards last week to me Jah playing time will be reduce even more. Edwards is the real deal i said the same thing about Watkins on here when she was in HS.
I would love to see Sarah Strong at the SC/UConn game and hear the crowd give her the same welcome they gave Joyce. I still think we have a chance with her.

Reactions: maple and Rooster1
Down 20+ on the road and 7-3 in conference oh no
Funny how individuals compare men's basketball to women's.

Men's team had Zero expectations when Barnes arrived and has made then into a constant winner. Some seem to forget the CCM and CDT eras.

Compare Holly to Kelly then you got a debate.
As the comparing football need to complain to local resident Mudcat that poster seems to be the one constantly bringing it up..

Sorry, but UConn equaled that 3 times and Baylor and UConn both broke it with 40-0 records in 2011-12 and 2013-14. 😫
Great, my last illusion shattered! Still hope they lose.
There is a thread for that, just so happens it’s not this one. But by all means, feel free to talk MBB on a WBB site. Maybe folks could take WBB topics to the MBB site with no blowback, not. Get real. Have some respect for women’s sports, it would not be tolerated on the men’s site, so why do you think it is cool here? Imagine if posters started talking about all other MBB teams and topics here…,,you get it or you don’t. This thread was set up to discuss Non LV basketball topics, i.e. WBB not specifically LV basketball. Hello.
Good grief, take a walk, take a pill, go to church. I get you're super worked up bc SC might - gasp - lose a game today. They won't and even if they did the empire will remain intact. Won't mean much either way.

This is a very small forum w about a dozen active posters talking all over the place. The conversation frequently wanders. And there are very good moderaters. No need for police state level freakage over an off topic post, espec when it's talking about a UT men's game. And espec when recent conversation has gone on comparing Harper and Barnes successes.

Try to relax.

Last edited:
Definitely think it was a mental health issue. Only thing that makes sense based on what transpired.
Maybe, but if so Close's super emotional reaction seems a little over the top.
Sadly there's a huge stigma attached to the discussion of mental health issues in this country. The worst part is it keeps people from seeking treatment.
I don't think that's true any more, esp for young women in sports. They actually get celebrated for acknowledging these issues and taking time away for them. They become role models. We've come a long way.

I'm just glad Betts is back and apparently ok.

VN Store

Back