Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

$50 says Janiah Barker transfers. She doesn’t look like she’s having any fun and she’s giving minimum effort and energy.

Still has 11 because she’s that talented but she doesn’t look into at all.

$50 says Janiah Barker transfers. She doesn’t look like she’s having any fun and she’s giving minimum effort and energy.

Still has 11 because she’s that talented but she doesn’t look into at all.
Very possible that she transfers. However, to me, she looks as though she'snot having fun way too often.
As physically talented as they come, but there's something missing.

Why was she ejected?

It was a weird play. Initially it looked like Sole Williams from A&M was called for a personal foul on KTW and KTW was going to shoot free throws.

On the way up/down KTW threw out her off arm and it hit Williams in the face. Really didn’t look that bad and didn’t look overly intentional.

Barker then got in KTW face and started jawing at her and a double technical was called on the two of them.

After the review they decided the elbow/arm from Williams was intentional and ejected her.

Strange sequence.

Justine Pissott loses her starting job with Vandy. Comes off the bench plays ten minutes goes 1 for 6 and that is her total for the game. Sad to see given a huge opportunity with Vandy she has responded with 6.9 ppg on 32 percent shooting and 2.2 rebounds per game. This is averaging over 20 minutes per game.

Justine Pissott loses her starting job with Vandy. Comes off the bench plays ten minutes goes 1 for 6 and that is her total for the game. Sad to see given a huge opportunity with Vandy she has responded with 6.9 ppg on 32 percent shooting and 2.2 rebounds per game. This is averaging over 20 minutes per game.

Yep, not sure why that took so long anyhow. Pierre has been the better player for months at this point. I do suspect she had some sort of agreement to start when she transferred. It didn’t make sense from the beginning.

Always hate to say she was “no big loss” but she really isn’t. A player with that much length who won’t get a rebound is useless. Very much like Jersey Wolfenbarger, who could be great, but won’t play interior defense or rebound.

On the other hand I see multiple areas Marta could have helped us this season. I think she could have really impacted this team at the 3/4 spot with her ability to handle and attack off the bounce. She’s a good rebounder and passer as well. Could have really filled some of the void we lost with Horston.

Kickin Chickens on cruise control vs Missouri 48-21 at halftime..
Fulwiley led the team in scoring. She was playing around with Mizzou. She is the best guard at getting to the rim that I have seen in WBB in a long while. She can change direction on the dribble faster than any player I have seen in WBB before period. She is a nightmare to guard.

Fulwiley led the team in scoring. She was playing around with Mizzou. She is the best guard at getting to the rim that I have seen in WBB in a long while. She can change direction on the dribble faster than any player I have seen in WBB before period. She is a nightmare to guard.
Happy for yall… I love Dawn. But what a nightmare scenario for us 😭

I saw that expect she will be in the transfer portal come March. Hasn't been very effective when she has played for them in very limited minutes.
If you have seen her play, she is built like Hollingshead except a bit more athletic. Similar type game tbh, though Jah has better shooting touch around the rim. Jah is skilled enough to bring the ball up court, and she defends both small and large players equally well. She gets out of control often when driving to the rim. I think she will develop into a really solid player eventually. She was given a week "off" in the preseason for unknown reasons. I'm starting to think she might not be the best fit for the SC team culture.

VN Store

Back