Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

If you have seen her play, she is built like Hollingshead except a bit more athletic. Similar type game tbh, though Jah has better shooting touch around the rim. Jah is skilled enough to bring the ball up court, and she defends both small and large players equally well. She gets out of control often when driving to the rim. I think she will develop into a really solid player eventually. She was given a week "off" in the preseason for unknown reasons. I'm starting to think she might not be the best fit for the SC team culture.

I thought she was a good bit shorter than Jill?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
She is, Jah is a lanky 6-6'1", same build as JH though, just a smaller version
The biggest problem with Jah on the court is she doesn't look to pass on the offensive side. I know that when she gets the ball around the rim, she is going to shoot the ball. She can be double teamed or surrounded and she never looks for the open player. She shoots. I shake my head and think..."that is not a team player like the rest of the girls". I wonder how many assists she has ? Can't be many from the times I have watched her.

The biggest problem with Jah on the court is she doesn't look to pass on the offensive side. I know that when she gets the ball around the rim, she is going to shoot the ball. She can be double teamed or surrounded and she never looks for the open player. She shoots. I shake my head and think..."that is not a team player like the rest of the girls". I wonder how many assists she has ? Can't be many from the times I have watched her.
That has been noticed by a few others as well. I rewatched a few games when she came in lately and it’s 100% true. I really don’t know what has caused this suspension, but you are correct that she stands out as the one player on the team that isn’t playing unselfish. Just feels like a bad fit imo, esp since her game skills are not exactly what this team needs tbh.

She plays with massive energy and hustle, but is just undisciplined and at her height you would think S.C. needs someone with some midrange skills as well. Once Edwards gets here next season Jah will be behind her, Kitts, Watkins, Feagin and Hall at the 3-4 spots. Wouldn’t surprise me or bother me if she moved on tbh.

Reactions: JustaChicken
Virginia Tech beat number 3 NC State on the road. I like the VT coach
I know I may be in the minority, but I don’t believe NCSU is a team that will make a deep run in the tournament this year. Rivers is a good all around type player, and she had a career game vs Uconn early in the season on national TV, but look at her shooting numbers again this year, 22% from three in her third year? Thats an improvement actually from her first two years. She shot 3% from there her first season then 21% last year. And their bigs are not anything special.

Last edited:
Virginia Tech beat number 3 NC State on the road. I like the VT coach
No thanks, he doesn’t have elite players to bring with him. I think only Amoore has one year of eligibility left, and that’s not enough, I need a coach that has at least 2 elite players coming with them and that’s a le to fill the rest of the roster up with good players.

No thanks, he doesn’t have elite players to bring with him. I think only Amoore has one year of eligibility left, and that’s not enough, I need a coach that has at least 2 elite players coming with them and that’s a le to fill the rest of the roster up with good players.
When was the last time, if ever, Kenny brought in a top 10-15 type class? Is he the beneficiary of a couple of once in a career type players at VT? I might be wrong about him, and he might well be able to recruit much better at a place like UT. Not judging, just asking. But looking at his recruiting in 23 and 24 classes I’m not seeing it. Once Kitley is gone VT likely goes back to obscurity.

Last edited:
I know I may be in the minority, but I don’t believe NCSU is a team that will make a deep run in the tournament this year. Rivers is a good all around type player, and she had a career game vs Uconn early in the season on national TV, but look at her shooting numbers again this year, 22% from three in her third year? Thats an improvement actually from her first two years. She shot 3% from there her first season then 21% last year. And their bigs are not anything special.
Yes, it seems that NC State drops off late in the season the last few years.

If you have seen her play, she is built like Hollingshead except a bit more athletic. Similar type game tbh, though Jah has better shooting touch around the rim. Jah is skilled enough to bring the ball up court, and she defends both small and large players equally well. She gets out of control often when driving to the rim. I think she will develop into a really solid player eventually. She was given a week "off" in the preseason for unknown reasons. I'm starting to think she might not be the best fit for the SC team culture.
After watching 6-3 Joyce Edwards last week to me Jah playing time will be reduce even more. Edwards is the real deal i said the same thing about Watkins on here when she was in HS.

A poster on another forum said that he's doesn't believe that the ACC will have a team make will make the Elite 8. That would be an interesting bet to make.

NC State's weakness has been recently exposed as playing against a zone.

A poster on another forum said that he's doesn't believe that the ACC will have a team make will make the Elite 8. That would be an interesting bet to make.

NC State's weakness has been recently exposed as playing against a zone.
There are some very good teams in the ACC this year, quite a few actually, but not a great team amongst them this year imo. It will depend on the brackets of course whether or not an ACC team makes the elite 8 or FF, but right now I’m not so sure any would without a favorable bracket. Of course this is still early enough that teams can start making some adjustments and playing better down the stretch, so it’s all speculation right now, and VT looks like the team with the best chance right now.

There are some very good teams in the ACC this year, quite a few actually, but not a great team amongst them this year imo. It will depend on the brackets of course whether or not an ACC team makes the elite 8 or FF, but right now I’m not so sure any would without a favorable bracket. Of course this is still early enough that teams can start making some adjustments and playing better down the stretch, so it’s all speculation right now, and VT looks like the team with the best chance right now.
I keep thinking Notre Dame could do it, but they're currently projected as a 5-seed that would have to beat Gonzaga on the road and then South Carolina in the Sweet 16. They have plenty of opportunities to get big statement wins these next few weeks to move up the seed line. I haven't seen any updates about the injuries to Cassandre Prosper and Emma Risch -- if they could return that would really help their depth.

Miami is projected as a 9-seed and they did it as a 9-seed last year, so who knows (I thought they were banned from the tournament this year due to their recruiting violations but I guess not?).

Louisville has also been kind of a better version of us the last two years. They get some early losses while they're integrating their transfers so they fall off the radar a bit, but then come on strong late (also made it to the Elite 8 last year, as a 5-seed). Looking at the current ESPN bracket they could totally go at least that far again. As much as I dislike Walz, his teams do well in March.

Happy for yall… I love Dawn. But what a nightmare scenario for us 😭
@brittannica , if Uconn can force or trick Fulwiley into jacking up threes it might be to their advantage, she is hell on wheels when she drives to the hoop but completely inconsistent from three in spite of her love for those shots. I could see a team giving her space to shoot threes and see what happens, you cannot guard her close, she will decide to beat you on the dribble to the rim and I have not seen anyone able to stop that yet. ….maybe Geno is already thinking the same. CGA prob is trying to game plan keeping it close to the fourth if possible and then sending SC to the FT line if he has fouls to give (Big IF). That same strategy almost worked for Uconn in Storrs last time there, SC is pretty much below average to be kind in FT shooting.

Last edited:
Realize both SC and Uconn are the enemies of Vol nation, but in this non LV thread I just needed to let my feelings on the game tomorrow known, hoping SC catches some rays man and some positive waves………

oddball

Reactions: brittannica
Realize both SC and Uconn are the enemies of Vol nation, but in this non LV thread I just needed to let my feelings on the game tomorrow known, hoping SC catches some rays man and some positive waves………

oddball
Sorry, no can do. I have all the respect in the world for you and your posts here, but this is the rare time I'm pulling for UConn. I just need So Car to lose somewhere along the way. I never want our 39-0 to be equaled.

That said, I think So Car will win by double digits. Same reason as LSU, UConn just isn't deep enough to withstand the waves off the SC bench. It would be nice if the game could go several OTs though!

Sorry, no can do. I have all the respect in the world for you and your posts here, but this is the rare time I'm pulling for UConn. I just need So Car to lose somewhere along the way. I never want our 39-0 to be equaled.

That said, I think So Car will win by double digits. Same reason as LSU, UConn just isn't deep enough to withstand the waves off the SC bench. It would be nice if the game could go several OTs though!
@glv98 we don’t have waves for tomorrow’s game, down to 9 players and only 8 that are really players. We need some positive waves baby 😉

Justine Pissott loses her starting job with Vandy. Comes off the bench plays ten minutes goes 1 for 6 and that is her total for the game. Sad to see given a huge opportunity with Vandy she has responded with 6.9 ppg on 32 percent shooting and 2.2 rebounds per game. This is averaging over 20 minutes per game.
Don’t look like she would have been much of a difference maker with the Lady Vols. I really thought she had a lot of potential.

The SEC fan club and SC fans on social media once again waited to after Tennessee big performances from Jewel Spear following a recent loss to even mention Tennessee.. let you know just how much they can’t stand to see the program get any positive recognition.

I can’t wait to these overrated college AAU teams come to the legendary TBA and get a reality check.

The SEC fan club folks talking about they have power and are a movement on social media lol…. Power of the keyboard I guess because don’t nobody put stock in what they say about WBB. They make everything about politics!

Women College Basketball starts with Coach Pat Summitt, the Lady Vols and after that put Stanford, Connecticut, Notre Dame, and South Carolina in any order you want.

Caitlin Clark got people that normally don’t watch WBB talking and following the sport but that will fade away after she leaves Iowa.

But these SEC fan club folks are delusional especially the SC fans and wanna be relevant LSU fans!

The SEC fan club and SC fans on social media once again waited to after Tennessee big performances from Jewel Spear following a recent loss to even mention Tennessee.. let you know just how much they can’t stand to see the program get any positive recognition.

I can’t wait to these overrated college AAU teams come to the legendary TBA and get a reality check.

The SEC fan club folks talking about they have power and are a movement on social media lol…. Power of the keyboard I guess because don’t nobody put stock in what they say about WBB. They make everything about politics!

Women College Basketball starts with Coach Pat Summitt, the Lady Vols and after that put Stanford, Connecticut, Notre Dame, and South Carolina in any order you want.

Caitlin Clark got people that normally don’t watch WBB talking and following the sport but that will fade away after she leaves Iowa.

But these SEC fan club folks are delusional especially the SC fans and wanna be relevant LSU fans!
So you are back now and have stopped with your own version of being a NV’s? You said you were done for the year, just getting some clarification…..will you watch any LV games going fwd after you said you were done? If so, welcome back from the ledge former NV fan. Consistency, it matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1reVOLver and glv98

VN Store

Back