Nostalgia: What would your bring back from your childhood?

John Ward on the Radio.

Camel toes, bell bottoms and all those girls posted in this thread, thus far.

Night Gallery and the Midnight Special on TV and the King Biscuit Flour Hour on the radio.

Fishing with my brother down by the Bull Run steam plant.

Summers on a house boat on East Tennessee waters.

Ahhhhhh....

John Ward on the Radio.

Camel toes, bell bottoms and all those girls posted in this thread, thus far.

Night Gallery and the Midnight Special on TV and the King Biscuit Flour Hour on the radio.

Fishing with my brother down by the Bull Run steam plant.

Summers on a house boat on East Tennessee waters.

Ahhhhhh....

King Biscuit Flour Hour was awesome.

Reactions: 2 people
Amen to this. Anyone ever go to Discovery Zone in Knoxville back in the day??

Loved Showbiz.

Discovery Zone was cool and probably why I have a damn good immune system.

Made me think of Q-zar too.

Anybody remember The Kid Wash at Ogles Water Park? That thing would have lawyers drooling now.

Loved Showbiz.

Anybody remember The Kid Wash at Ogles Water Park? That thing would have lawyers drooling now.

Daaaaamn I forgot all about QZar! Wasn't it laser tag??

Schwinn Stingray Orange Krate

Schwinn_StingRay_OrangeKrate_5speed_1968.jpg

Oh man! I was gonna post "bicycles with banana seats" earlier but got distracted and forgot. I wish I could remember what brand mine was and try to find a pic. Maybe it was a Western Flyer... or maybe that was my brother's... oh well. All-time favorite bike though.

The show Dinosaurs
Walking around my old Elementary school.
Hanging out with my grandpa at his shop.
There just isn't enough time to name all the things that would bring me back to my childhood. I was very lucky.

3on3 basketball tournaments in Windsor Square and the Old City.

Having all night basketball games in the driveway with nothing but a waterhose for drinks

Finally saving enough to by a cd player to replace the cassette player in my first car.

Calling it "sitting Indian style".

Reebok pumps. I just bought a pair of re-issues actually.

The show Dinosaurs
Walking around my old Elementary school.
Hanging out with my grandpa at his shop.
There just isn't enough time to name all the things that would bring me back to my childhood. I was very lucky.

The ABC app on my apple TV has all the seasons of Dinosaurs currently.

I miss The Wonder Years and MacGyver

A real, built to be a Pool Hall in my little downtown with a Grill in the back serving 2 hotdogs on a plate covered in so much homemade chili you couldn't see the dogs. Coke no Pepsi.
No alcohol served. Got Beechnut & Redman. Gallon cans for spitoons. Six regulation tables and two Snooker tables. A 35cent cigarette machine with Winston, Marlboro, Salem, Camel, Chesterfield, Kent, Philip Morris, Kool, ...

And, Jesse, the greatest pool shark in these parts with the patience to teach me.

Burger chef

Wow, nobody ever remembers Burger Chef! I loved it because I was a picky eater and I could order my burgers "without" and put what I wanted on them. I loved the Funmeals and thought it was a total ripoff when McDonalds later started selling Happy Meals (and didn't even give you the cool tray!).

Loved Showbiz.

lol
My wife (who's never been a fan of public pools anyway) never could get past the greasy iridescent film you'd often see on the water there. She always referred to the place as Ogle's Tarpits.

VN Store

Back