Not to be outdone in the race to advance the U.S. as a (so-called) Christian nation, Oklahoma says the Bible is to be included in the curriculum

I'm in favor of this because I believe when we removed God from our education system and too many social elements, that's when we ran head long off the rails. BUT, BUT, BUT - I favor it being part of the curriculum only as long as it is divorced from denominational enforcement or influence. Teach it from historical, storytelling, philosophical, or Judeo-Christian study context. Even as a comparative course if feasible. It's when you make religion, of whatever extraction, a mandatory practice that it becomes nothing more than a tyranny. And eventually, breeds resentment and rejection thereof. Further, don't whitewash it. Include its greatest achievements, and it's worse applications such as the Inquisition, means to subjugate indigenous populations, include its replacing brutal cultural practices such as child sacrifice, in short teach it from an honest, as opposed to a cultural supremacy perspective. Because lies, eventually become exposed, and what follows as a result is a matter of what you sow, so you reap. If we do this, do it right.

The best fix for this is eliminating the Federal Department of Education. Let this be a states rights issue.

You know kind of like the Founders intended.

So the Jews didn't escape from Egypt?
Nope. Ole Pharaoh let them go to avoid total destruction of his nation by the Israeli God. The Israeli plundered the country, taking whatever they wanted from Egyptians before leaving. Ole Pharaoh, the nitwit, changed his mind and got himself killed. His goal was not so much to recapture the folks he freed, but to recover what they took, including his own pride.

Maybe we should debate the hating on Christianity and why the left is obsessed with it.
I don't know about the left hating Christianity. Though I'm a Christian (at least I try to be), if you want to talk about reasons to hate Christianity, there's plenty of ammo for that. History is a stark witness of the vile and murderous hypocrisy of Christians. But then again, their own founder said they would be.
--Matthew 10:34-36
--Matthew 24:5-28

So last week the Louisiana legislature passed a bill requiring that the Ten Commandments be posted in every classroom. In the race to the bottom demonstrating an utter lack of understanding of even the most rudimentary understanding of and respect for the concept of separation of church and state, Oklahoma announces that the Bible is going to be part of the curriculum.

So take that, Louisiana! Oklahoma says it can be even more unconstitutional and repressive of religious liberty than you! (Cue banjo music here).
Good job, Okies. You determine your educational resources; not the Fed. Keep up the good work.

So last week the Louisiana legislature passed a bill requiring that the Ten Commandments be posted in every classroom. In the race to the bottom demonstrating an utter lack of understanding of even the most rudimentary understanding of and respect for the concept of separation of church and state, Oklahoma announces that the Bible is going to be part of the curriculum.

So take that, Louisiana! Oklahoma says it can be even more unconstitutional and repressive of religious liberty than you! (Cue banjo music here).

Why wouldn’t you include the most important text in human history?

Why don’t we have a “Christian” month? We have other groups wanting to cram their groups down everyone’s throats. But Christians offend the leftist so it’ll never happen.

Why don’t we have a “Christian” month? We have other groups wanting to cram their groups down everyone’s throats. But Christians offend the leftist so it’ll never happen.
Do we have an Islam month? Jew month?

VN Store

Back