Not to be outdone in the race to advance the U.S. as a (so-called) Christian nation, Oklahoma says the Bible is to be included in the curriculum

So last week the Louisiana legislature passed a bill requiring that the Ten Commandments be posted in every classroom. In the race to the bottom demonstrating an utter lack of understanding of even the most rudimentary understanding of and respect for the concept of separation of church and state, Oklahoma announces that the Bible is going to be part of the curriculum.

So take that, Louisiana! Oklahoma says it can be even more unconstitutional and repressive of religious liberty than you! (Cue banjo music here).
Knuckledraggers gonna knuckle drag.

What do you expect..yalls side is pushing extremist progressive issues, so one should expect counter push back in all matters of policy. Your party changed, we didnt.
LG has never heard “every action has an equal and opposite reaction”. Where we’re at today is the perfect example…as you stated. It was bound to happen.

Uhhhh ok? there used to be one in pretty much every classroom for ages.

Lets face it, progressives have had no problem proselytizing their own religion of atheistic hedonism in the classroom.
I never saw them at any school I attended in the 60's and 70's except in the library. Although there was some promotion of Christianity by other means.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
1 Timothy 2:11-15
Ezekiel 23:20
If that’s what I remember. That’s one of the most graphic vs in Torah. Making a point but…..gross

Edit: 1 1 Timmy may be the worst translated and misleading
/misunderstood verse in all of Paul’s writings.

as much as I don't disagree with this, I would be happy if schools just taught Civics, real American History, Math, English....etc. You know, the stuff we need to survive as a country?
thats a good point. with the state of the education industry, do you even want the government trying to teach anything about your preferred religion?

They are just going to mess it up.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
If that’s what I remember. That’s one of the most graphic vs in Torah. Making a point but…..gross

Edit: 1 1 Timmy may be the worst translated and misleading
/misunderstood verse in all of Paul’s writings.
agreed. do you think they are going to be able to teach that nuance?

Reactions: Orangeslice13
I never saw them at any school I attended in the 60's and 70's except in the library. Although there was some promotion of Christianity by other means.

We had them around. IIRC was kinda close to the flag we pledged allegiance to every morning.

Was not the case when I went to Baylor, but even there, we had chapel every week and things like fellowship of Christian athletes was a prominent thing.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
thats a good point. with the state of the education industry, do you even want the government trying to teach anything about your preferred religion?

They are just going to mess it up.

The /goverment/ is not teaching anybody. Local school districts hire teachers.

LG has never heard “every action has an equal and opposite reaction”. Where we’re at today is the perfect example…as you stated. It was bound to happen.

Please: christians have been trying to push their nonsense on everybody for 1,000 years. It's what they do.

Please: christians have been trying to push their nonsense on everybody for 1,000 years. It's what they do.
Question: if you truly believed in your religion and that it offered eternal peace and joy; wouldn’t you be an absolute monster if you DIDN’T tell other people?

The VERY liberal and atheistic Jillette (of Penn and Teller) makes a very interesting argument in this one minute clip. Please do watch….

Reactions: volbound1700
Why don’t we have a “Christian” month? We have other groups wanting to cram their groups down everyone’s throats. But Christians offend the leftist so it’ll never happen.

Do you think Jesus would want a month dedicated to cramming Christianity down everyone's throats? Do you think a Christian month would convert more people, or turn more people away from salvation?

You should put your vanity aside and at least pretend to actually believe what you claim to believe.

VN Store

Back