Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Thread

I would be absolutely shocked. Seriously. We have no one better than him at that position.

This question is actually quite comical.

As sad as it is to admit, you're right about there being no true replacement for Bradley. Let's hope he plays his best game(which equates to a decent performance) against Germany

Most likely correct. Just curious as to whether or not anyone else had thrown around any other scenarios.

I understand trying to see other scenarios, but we just don't have a more talented midfielder to replace him with. He just needs to step up. It sucks he gave the ball away at that crucial time, but the bigger issue was not putting the ball in the damn goal!!

I am not arguing your point...I am just throwing out a possible scenario...Jermaine Jones might play up instead of Beckerman...I agree that Bradley will start and should.

Also, Dempsey is quite capable of playing that role...

Only way that'd be even remotely possible is if Jozy weren't injured. JK wouldn't start Johansson or Wondo up top on their own.

Is Besler injured for the next match? If not, he's starting over Brooks.

Plus Bradley will be starting
Two straight matches for Besler pulling up.

Bradley may just need a fresh "start". Bring him on at half.

This lineup is presuming we play conservatively. Remember, it's a shorter turn around AND one less day rest than Germany. As much as I want to win our next 2 so that we play on July 4th, we do need to stay healthy.

Is it safe to say Holland is for real, yet? Just owned Chile in S America with no RVP. 7 points in this group would have been very impressive and they got 9.

Reactions: 3 people
Is it safe to say Holland is for real, yet? Just owned Chile in S America with no RVP. 7 points in this group would have been very impressive and they got 9.
So far they are the only team that legitimately scares me. Even if we played like yesterday, I don't think we could beat them.

So far they are the only team that legitimately scares me. Even if we played like yesterday, I don't think we could beat them.

The thing is that they will have great games like against Spain and Chile, then they will have head scratchers such as Australia. I need to see more consistency from them.

The thing is that they will have great games like against Spain and Chile, then they will have head scratchers such as Australia. I need to see more consistency from them.

Cahill had maybe goal of the cup, and the 3-2 score made it look better than it was. It was a pretty decisive victory against an OK squad.

Yes, please keep telling us about all the adversity this heroic Mexican team overcame and don't even bother to mention that they shouldn't even be here if not for the US gifting them a goal and keeping them alive.

Edit: Nevermind, one of the guys finally pointed it out.

Yes, please keep telling us about all the adversity this heroic Mexican team overcame and don't even bother to mention that they shouldn't even be here if not for the US gifting them a goal and keeping them alive.

Edit: Nevermind, one of the guys finally pointed it out.

Since this pathetic Mexico squad is now moving on, it will be a damn outrage if the US does not advance. And I really don't even have anything against the Mexican side. I know they're our biggest rivals, but I've always liked every Mexican I've ever encountered. Friendly people.

Speaking of Mexico, my god, have you ever seen worse uniforms? What was that crap? Green jersey with black shorts/red trim. And red socks. Jeez. I'm not normally a fashion policeman, but that was clownish looking. Got the job done though.

Mexico is good. Their game against the Dutch will be a battle.

I'm sure I'm not as up with soccer as you are, but I did follow the qualifying. I wouldn't exactly say that Mexico is "good." I would just say that they've had a good tournament thus far. Those are two distinct things. I mean, the US should have 6 points already, but would anyone say they were the best squad even in their own group?

I'm sure I'm not as up with soccer as you are, but I did follow the qualifying. I wouldn't exactly say that Mexico is "good." I would just say that they've had a good tournament thus far. Those are two distinct things. I mean, the US should have 6 points already, but would anyone say they were the best squad even in their own group?

Mexico is playing well. Should have phrased it differently.

Current form is all that really matters. They battled Brazil for 90 minutes to a draw with both teams having good chances.

VN Store

Back