Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Thread

Holland is literally letting Mexico walk the ball into the attacking third every time the Mexicans have the ball.

Anyone else perplexed by this?

Combination of the heat (trying to preserve energy) and waiting for counter attack opportunities.

Yea the Dutch aren't really attacking like they have been all tournament. I think the heat is a factor and I think Mexicos defending has been solid. But the Dutch need to press a little more this half. Robben was clearly fouled on that late play. But he should have flicked it back to Van Persie who was wide open.

Yea the Dutch aren't really attacking like they have been all tournament. I think the heat is a factor and I think Mexicos defending has been solid. But the Dutch need to press a little more this half. Robben was clearly fouled on that late play. But he should have flicked it back to Van Persie who was wide open.

The Dutch has, for the most part, been playing this defensive all tournament. They've wanted to hit on the counter like this every game.

Schneijder (sp?) blasted that ****.

I don't know how Mexico got away with 2 players simultaneously fouling Robben at the end of the first half, but they got it back in the end.

Reactions: 1 person
They stupidly went into a shell when they scored. They could have continued to pour it on and grab another to put it away, but they went defensive. The Dutch finally opened their attack up, and dominated the latter part of the second half. Mexicans should blame themselves.

I have only been in 7 countries in my life, but six of which were in final 16....Canada being the 7th.

With MX out... Down to 5.

Order for which I am pulling;
US
Holland
Belgium
Germany
France

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back