Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Right now I’m around 15 lbs over weight due to WFM as well as being down due to the shoulder surgery. Our company direction is only come in if you must. So I gotta find a way to get a more active routine while staying in the bunker and waiting on the impending end of the world.

I've been doing what I can to help you guys with those weighty matters. Last trip to the doc I was below 170. I still need to get more active, too; but this has been working the other way with me weight wise.

I have always been the same, my views are changing though. When this all started and most of our office workers started working from home I thought it would be a disaster, I was wrong. Productivity has actually gone up.

I found offices - especially the open space with cubicles extremely unproductive. Perhaps it has a lot to do with a particular job - engineering and many other jobs can take a lot of intense concentration not helped by constant disruptive background noise and people passing by and often dropping in.

I found offices - especially the open space with cubicles extremely unproductive. Perhaps it has a lot to do with a particular job - engineering and many other jobs can take a lot of intense concentration not helped by constant disruptive background noise and people passing by and often dropping in.
I used to slam my office door on more than one occasion daily after listening to yuk yuk conversations in the hallway outside my office.

Reactions: AM64
I used to slam my office door on more than one occasion daily after listening to yuk yuk conversations in the hallway outside my office.

In one job I had the idiot designers built a cubicle forest with walls over six feet in a new office complex - but no doors, of course; and with piped in noise to "mask" people noise - headache generator. Then in another stroke of genius within like five years they went in and for another small fortune cut all those new extremely expensive Steelcase cubicle walls down to four feet as I recall. If you were working late when the noise was turned off, it was like a weight was suddenly lifted.

Reactions: VolStrom
Kevin Steele coming home!

Refresh my memory. What has he ever done for UT or what did he do as a coach that should be celebrated.
It seems so many coaches come & go I can't remember what each is good at. I think he's on the defensive side .... but that's all I think I remember about it.

Refresh my memory. What has he ever done for UT or what did he do as a coach that should be celebrated.
It seems so many coaches come & go I can't remember what each is good at. I think he's on the defensive side .... but that's all I think I remember about it.
He's great!
From 1999 to 2002, Steele served as the head football coach at Baylor University, compiling a record of 9–36 overall and 1–31 in the Big 12 Conference.
He spent his freshman year at Furman University before transferring to Tennessee, where he was a member of Johnny Majors' 1978 and 1979 squads.

I did find the thread in the football forum on this subject. So there's that I guess. I read the first comment.
They're working on some deal to bring Steele in as a defensive assistant.....whatever I guess. Ho-Hum.

I did find the thread in the football forum on this subject. So there's that I guess. I read the first comment.
There's not a lot about TN football to tingle the berries anymore these days. I first started watching during the Bill Battle days and other than Fulmers early years, we've sucked. I really don't much care anymore, until we get lucky or pay big bucks, we're always going to suck. I'm curious to see who Bama hires when Satan finally calls it quits.

There's not a lot about TN football to tingle the berries anymore these days. I first started watching during the Bill Battle days and other than Fulmers early years, we've sucked. I really don't much care anymore, until we get lucky or pay big bucks, we're always going to suck. I'm curious to see who Bama hires when Satan finally calls it quits.

Back in those Battle days, that's when TN football was never on TV like the days now. The only time I got to see TN games then was when the Bill Battle Football Show came on TV to show the replays of the games on Sundays with his commentary along with John Ward beside him. I didn't listen much to the radio broadcast back then .... seems like I always had something else going on until later on when I got older & it was more of interest to me.

IF Satan quits ... he may be immortal. The rest of the SEC would do well to quit cannibalizing themselves to beat Bama - not happening in the near term. There's always an influx of great player prospects who will go to winning teams, but without NCAA or SEC investigative crews, nobody is likely to uncover the Bama booster support base that really makes it happen (same with OSU). Fulmer tried once and didn't care much for the flames, and I still think it ended his coaching career. Satan does understand how to put together a coaching crew probably better than any coach in college football right now. His rehabilitation and then employment of competent coaches who went a step above their abilities is genius - although I absolutely think he was nuts taking Butch into the fold. In the scheme of things this year most of the SEC competitors did just as well against Bama as the NC contenders.

Funny thing was reading earlier an article where the fools picked GA and OH St in the top two positions next year - with Bama 3. GA screwed the pooch again - Smart is no better than his predecessors (probably not as good really), and GA still isn't going to be a NC team.

IF Satan quits ... he may be immortal. The rest of the SEC would do well to quit cannibalizing themselves to beat Bama - not happening in the near term. There's always an influx of great player prospects who will go to winning teams, but without NCAA or SEC investigative crews, nobody is likely to uncover the Bama booster support base that really makes it happen (same with OSU). Fulmer tried once and didn't care much for the flames, and I still think it ended his coaching career. Satan does understand how to put together a coaching crew probably better than any coach in college football right now. His rehabilitation and then employment of competent coaches who went a step above their abilities is genius - although I absolutely think he was nuts taking Butch into the fold. In the scheme of things this year most of the SEC competitors did just as well against Bama as the NC contenders.

Funny thing was reading earlier an article where the fools picked GA and OH St in the top two positions next year - with Bama 3. GA screwed the pooch again - Smart is no better than his predecessors (probably not as good really), and GA still isn't going to be a NC team.
Based on past performance, I won't live long enough to see Tennessee compete for a championship again. At least during my prime I was able to see them win a championship and I got to watch a good portion of those years in person.

It seems these days it matters little what recruits we get to sign & play at UT ..... after a couple of years playing here or not much PT they feel like they have to enter into the transfer portal hole and go play at another school. I just saw a thread in the football forum about Ty Chandler going to transfer to North Carolina. I didn't know that he was going to do that. I suppose we have a stable of good RBs that threaten his status of playing time at UT.

VN Store

Back