Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

It seems these days it matters little what recruits we get to sign & play at UT ..... after a couple of years playing here or not much PT they feel like they have to enter into the transfer portal hole and go play at another school. I just saw a thread in the football forum about Ty Chandler going to transfer to North Carolina. I didn't know that he was going to do that. I suppose we have a stable of good RBs that threaten his status of playing time at UT.
This is a strange situation in particular. In normal circumstances he has used up his elidgbility. he has played all four years he was here, never redshirted. It's only because of the Covid free year he has a year left to play.

Reactions: AM64
Refresh my memory. What has he ever done for UT or what did he do as a coach that should be celebrated.
It seems so many coaches come & go I can't remember what each is good at. I think he's on the defensive side .... but that's all I think I remember about it.
Don’t know if he’s ever accomplished much, sure as hell can’t be worse than Ansley.

Don’t know if he’s ever accomplished much, sure as hell can’t be worse than Ansley.

Lol .... at the time of his hire, some thought Ansley could do no wrong & one of the best in the game of coaching.
Maybe it could be the players aren't learning fast enough on how to play the game as they're being taught.

This is a true story.

I was changing out a Honda Accord front suspension part (or drive shaft - don't remember) and absolutely could not get the nut off the end of the axle - did all that except the torch. I loaded the assembly (links, drive shaft and all) and went down to a nearby garage. Took them about 10 seconds with an impact wrench - never took the assembly out of the trunk. I said that's it - going to get a compressor and air tools; my only mistake was not doing it years before.

I was changing out a Honda Accord front suspension part (or drive shaft - don't remember) and absolutely could not get the nut off the end of the axle - did all that except the torch. I loaded the assembly (links, drive shaft and all) and went down to a nearby garage. Took them about 10 seconds with an impact wrench - never took the assembly out of the trunk. I said that's it - going to get a compressor and air tools; my only mistake was not doing it years before.
I've got a compressor and an impact wrench and ratchet. I don't use them much, but screw the old way with hand tools!

I didn’t.

Most in the FF message board posting were going crazy ape sh!t w/excitement. Maybe not you per say.
Many were thinking he was a great hire at the time he came in. I don't know much of anything about these guys when they are hired. I just read the ones that post about these things like they keep up with the goings on with certain coaches being good hires or not. I could care less.

Last edited:
Reactions: AirVol

Doesn't that just piss you off to high heaven when that happens in life?

I just saw a charge show up on my Visa card for Sirius XM for a monthly charge for a Jeep that I never drive. After looking into it they were gearing up to charge me nearly $30 a month for their service so I called and cancelled it. While they had me on hold I noticed online that they were going to start charging me the same thing for my pickup starting in a few weeks so I told them to cancel that one too. They came back and offered me a $99 a year deal and gave me credit for what the credit was on the other radio.
I don't care to pay $99 a year for sirius radio, but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay over $300 a year for it.

Air Compressor ya say? Ima a sellin.

Every morning I pull through McDonald's drive thru in my Honda to get my coffee. With the service wall on my left and reflection I hear that tire bead sound...So bizarre and think "what would AM64" think. Gotta get it on video and the I have little doubt it would be audible.

Doesn't that just piss you off to high heaven when that happens in life?

Especially because I probably did a lot more car work before I got the compressor than after. All those hours under the car trying to get something loose. One that drove me nuts was changing what some people call a guibo joint. My Merkur had a two piece drive shaft with a flexible joint in the middle - the two parts joined together with a very heavy rubber donut type joint (BMW did it too). So after you fix it, you are under the car trying to fit a floppy drive shaft into the transmission and the rear end, but the thing sags in the middle and pulls one end or the other out while you're trying to fit it all together.

I worked on cars and airplanes. Planes are worse because there’s no room to put your hands to get to anything in some cases.

Indeed. I've looked under the hood on some of these cars now days & I know I would have NO patients working on cars bc of the lack of space being there to maneuver my big fat bloody hands in & around such tight spaces.

I just saw a charge show up on my Visa card for Sirius XM for a monthly charge for a Jeep that I never drive. After looking into it they were gearing up to charge me nearly $30 a month for their service so I called and cancelled it. While they had me on hold I noticed online that they were going to start charging me the same thing for my pickup starting in a few weeks so I told them to cancel that one too. They came back and offered me a $99 a year deal and gave me credit for what the credit was on the other radio.
I don't care to pay $99 a year for sirius radio, but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay over $300 a year for it.

Mine is like $5 a month. They tried to upcharge me after first year expiration on my current vehicle, but kept sending me emails for years on my old car radio at unreal prices, even though I no longer own the vehicle. I think I changed the radio ID to the new number or something like that. All I know is they still hammer me with emails on a car I no longer own and got the price back to $5.99. All a fog how I did it but hey, I am golden for another year.

Especially because I probably did a lot more car work before I got the compressor than after. All those hours under the car trying to get something loose. One that drove me nuts was changing what some people call a guibo joint. My Merkur had a two piece drive shaft with a flexible joint in the middle - the two parts joined together with a very heavy rubber donut type joint (BMW did it too). So after you fix it, you are under the car trying to fit a floppy drive shaft into the transmission and the rear end, but the thing sags in the middle and pulls one end or the other out while you're trying to fit it all together.

God God ......... I'd love to hear 72 Grads answer to this post.

Mine is like $5 a month. They tried to upcharge me after first year expiration on my current vehicle, but kept sending me emails for years on my old car radio at unreal prices, even though I no longer own the vehicle. I think I changed the radio ID to the new number or something like that. All I know is they still hammer me with emails on a car I no longer own and got the price back to $5.99. All a fog how I did it but hey, I am golden for another year.
My sister keeps getting hers for around $5/month too. Maybe it depended on when you first started getting it IDK. I'm good with a hundo a year, nearly 4 they can cram it, I've only driven 13,000 miles since I retired 3 years ago.

My sister keeps getting hers for around $5/month too. Maybe it depended on when you first started getting it IDK. I'm good with a hundo a year, nearly 4 they can cram it, I've only driven 13,000 miles since I retired 3 years ago.

Yea...hundreds/year and I bail

What's so great about paying for Sirius XM radio? I get local stations w/FM & I'm just fine. If I go on long road trips then I pop in a Doobie Brothers greatest hits tape & it's good for hours.
I don't get the appeal, either. I can connect spotify to my car via bluetooth and hear any genre, any decade, podcasts, etc.

VN Store

Back