Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I was changing out a Honda Accord front suspension part (or drive shaft - don't remember) and absolutely could not get the nut off the end of the axle - did all that except the torch. I loaded the assembly (links, drive shaft and all) and went down to a nearby garage. Took them about 10 seconds with an impact wrench - never took the assembly out of the trunk. I said that's it - going to get a compressor and air tools; my only mistake was not doing it years before.

Agreed. Things like that have happened to me also. Frustrating at times, thats for sure. I did make a 6' cheater pipe to use on my ½ and ¾ drive breaker bars. Those two items recently helped me when my compressor picked a day to die.

Last edited:
Reactions: AM64
I'm known to post novels, or not post, but will try to keep this short.

Yall might recall that I have been driving a Toyota Sequoia instead of a work van or truck for a few months now. Since I got it, traction control has been broken. It apparently has positive T though bc it always spins both rear on wet or dry pavement if I stomp on it...

Ok. Was driving other night prob 65 or 75, on a 4 lane divided highway close to where it passes over 485, which is 4 lanes each way at about 30 feet down below this hwy in elevation. So as I am rolling along doing my thing, suddenly from nowhere someone in a white decade or so old Camry in the left lane...just threw his sheit in front of me in the right lane. Like 4 feet in front of me in the right lane, apparently wanting to get on 485 ahead. No problem there, except that I was again running 70ish and he was at oh sayyyyy 30 to 35mph probably. Rather than plant this V8 in his front seat...by forcing it thru his trunk, back seat, and then up there in his front seat in his lap, I did what I have always done to avoid accidents when in the right lane...to varying degrees of success, bodily injury(myself only, by God's grace i have never hurt anyone in my car or others) and vehicle carnage...

So at 70 or so I crossed the curb. Learned over the years to point the car/truck/motorcycle in the direction you plan to stop BEFORE standing on the brakes...else it sometimes renders those steering wheels/handle bars worthless....so over the curb, 70ish in a 6000lb SUV with the brake pedal pushed as far thru the floorboard (ok , carpet mb) as i could push it.....

The ground and grass was wet and cold...thankfully there wasn't a telephone pole etc in my way or I prob wouldn't be posting....but the ground, as I later examined it, wasn't as level as it was in my " mental picture" of where I was headed...so the truck started spinning. NOT rolling, or flipping, but spinning. In my head, we were approaching a BIG fence and I was scared shirtless so I steered INTO the spin to the right as far as I could, then I guess we (as in me and this truck) were going backwards bc into the turn was to the left, so I went ALL the way left on the steering wheel...still hauling AZZ across this wet grass and I am thinking " fence. Big fence. " at the very end...everything i have written here probably happening in 2 seconds? 3? Seemed like 5 minutes... I ended up sliding dead sideways and the drivers side 2 wheels came up off the ground what felt like 3 feet...but was probably only 1 or 2 feet...sideways now guys, butthole crushing coal to diamonds...and it slammed the 2 drivers side wheels back firmly into planet Earth. Sideways. Perpendicular to the road I sit...heart coming out of my chest....chunks of dirt all over the windshield.

I got out and walked around. Mud and dirt slung up all over the truck...there is a big circle about halfway between where I stand and the road that I left.. tire tracks 4 to 6 inches deep down into the dirt on a pretty straight line from the road to stopping point, but there's a big circle in the middle where I actually somehow turned in a complete circle plus 90 degrees it seems...so 450 degrees? I guess. How this beat up piece didn't roll repeatedly...or at least roll all the way over at the end when I was sliding....sideways...in an SUV....and the 2 passenger wheels dug in...bringing the 2 drivers wheels up off the ground and making me think I was surely dead...

That fence too. How did I never make it to that fence I was so worried about. That big fence.? There isn't one. At all. As I walked around the truck looking at what in the Hell had happened....I came to a stop in small bushes and the beginning of a few bigger bushes. 15 feet. 15 feet from my truck, sideways, 15 more feet and I was heading down a 30 foot embankment graded super steep and poured with concrete as part of the bridge of hwy49....down onto 485. 15 . 15 more feet. If my truck would have rolled over twice or 3 times instead of maybe half of once....I would have rolled sideways down into an interstate 4 lanes each way speed limit 70mph...

God has saved my life many times. Many looking back. Cars, trucks, street bikes at unreal speeds...been a couple decades though. Last night was crazy man. Not a scratch on me. No damage to the truck except mud/dirt and grass everywhere that I had to pressure wash out and off.

Whew. Hard to type that out...i hope that it is somewhat readable and makes sense. Dont have time rn to edit or anything. Crazy crazy

Edit: drove by there tonight. Couple things...1 that embankment i skidded sideways to a stop before tumblinf down isnt 30 feet. Looks to be about 18ft and paved at about a 45degree angle as part of the bridge. Have to go by there tomorrow too...if traffic allows or I can figure out how, I will pull over and get pictures of the ruts my wheels cut into the ground going from 70 to zero. I left marks on street and curb too as I crossed it diagonally to traffic...it is plain as day what happened

Last edited:
Sup guys. Didn't get by where I managed to live thru the" 70mph accidental donut of death and soiled shorts " today but I am gonna try to get by there tomorrow and see what it looks like in daytime so I can get a pic of the ruts that I left. Anyway..

In my Google feed I get random articles all the time, suited to the things I click on, talk about out loud (try it if you don't believe me, your phone is ALWAYS listening. Always.) And when some garbage i don't like comes up, I tell Google not to show that anymore etc. 1 thing that pops up all the time is UT stuff, go figure, and often times that is an article, allegedly, from 247... then when I click on it of course that article is locked for paying members and I can only see the headline. Which is annoying as sheit all by itself...but I usually end up reading the next article down etc which are free for some reason. So I can't banish 247...but they still suck for what they pull.

So tonight I click as usual and same trick...then see an article where I guess 1 of their writers is actually interviewing another 1 pf their writers, Rucker. Rucker proceeds to talk sheit about UT in about 14 different ways ...over the span of maybe 5 or 6 questions. I could list the insults here..but they are many. Drama queens, cut off our nose without blinking, trying to backdoor Pruitt, can't afford to do it the right way, must be a leak daily on the coaching staff, why would a top tier coach want to come here.....there are more. Seriously. Used to that BS from Adam's at the KNS...thats his shtick and why many hate him . I get it.

My question is this:
If you hate UT like he apparently does...why not find a new job? Write about something else. New team. New sport. Socks. Flowers...my foot up his azz sideways...but why would you be a beat writer for UT football and write articles to paint the AD, the U of T, the coaching staff etc in an overwhelmingly negative way? Why would you insult them like that...without by the way naming examples of behavior to demonstrate those names...or any quotes or sources....just badmouth the whole of UT football? Why make the admin look bad to any coaches that may consider UT, to recruits, players current and former...why be a little beitch like that?

Needless to say , I am done with him. I know how stupid UT has been post Fulmer, but for me badmouthing everything about UT like that and making them look bad to coaches and players alike is inexcusable. He is dead to me... just stupid. What a dbag

Privates with bars.

Had a dumb sh!t one trying to accuse me if trying to steal his car yesterday.

Long story short, he had almost an identical Mustang as mine and parked right next to me at the Class 6 on base. I came out not really paying attention and just saw "car" and tried to get in finding it was locked (didn't lock mine since I was on base).

Turd comes out and sees me trying the handle and goes off screaming bloody murder about me "stealing" his car and didn't even want to consider mine looked pretty much just like his. Luckily a cop was coming out of the building and defused the situation by showing him, yes, two nearly identical Mustangs were parked right next to each other and mistakes happen.

Long story short, he had almost an identical Mustang as mine and parked right next to me at the Class 6 on base. I came out not really paying attention and just saw "car" and tried to get in finding it was locked (didn't lock mine since I was on base).

Turd comes out and sees me trying the handle and goes off screaming bloody murder about me "stealing" his car and didn't even want to consider mine looked pretty much just like his. Luckily a cop was coming out of the building and defused the situation by showing him, yes, two nearly identical Mustangs were parked right next to each other and mistakes happen.

Most of them are within 365 days out of college so they don't know **** and love proving it.

Sup guys. Didn't get by where I managed to live thru the" 70mph accidental donut of death and soiled shorts " today but I am gonna try to get by there tomorrow and see what it looks like in daytime so I can get a pic of the ruts that I left. Anyway..

In my Google feed I get random articles all the time, suited to the things I click on, talk about out loud (try it if you don't believe me, your phone is ALWAYS listening. Always.) And when some garbage i don't like comes up, I tell Google not to show that anymore etc. 1 thing that pops up all the time is UT stuff, go figure, and often times that is an article, allegedly, from 247... then when I click on it of course that article is locked for paying members and I can only see the headline. Which is annoying as sheit all by itself...but I usually end up reading the next article down etc which are free for some reason. So I can't banish 247...but they still suck for what they pull.

So tonight I click as usual and same trick...then see an article where I guess 1 of their writers is actually interviewing another 1 pf their writers, Rucker. Rucker proceeds to talk sheit about UT in about 14 different ways ...over the span of maybe 5 or 6 questions. I could list the insults here..but they are many. Drama queens, cut off our nose without blinking, trying to backdoor Pruitt, can't afford to do it the right way, must be a leak daily on the coaching staff, why would a top tier coach want to come here.....there are more. Seriously. Used to that BS from Adam's at the KNS...thats his shtick and why many hate him . I get it.

My question is this:
If you hate UT like he apparently does...why not find a new job? Write about something else. New team. New sport. Socks. Flowers...my foot up his azz sideways...but why would you be a beat writer for UT football and write articles to paint the AD, the U of T, the coaching staff etc in an overwhelmingly negative way? Why would you insult them like that...without by the way naming examples of behavior to demonstrate those names...or any quotes or sources....just badmouth the whole of UT football? Why make the admin look bad to any coaches that may consider UT, to recruits, players current and former...why be a little beitch like that?

Needless to say , I am done with him. I know how stupid UT has been post Fulmer, but for me badmouthing everything about UT like that and making them look bad to coaches and players alike is inexcusable. He is dead to me... just stupid. What a dbag

Simple ..... don't click on Rucker's write-ups & read those negative write-ups if it upsets you so much. I stay naive or unaware of those things bc I don't go to places as that & read bs crap. There's nothing I can do about it anyway after reading those type of articles. I stay on VN to read up on all things TN Vols to know what's going on w/the different kinds of sports programs UT has. I get all my UT sports news here on VN.

Last edited:

I would think in the military this has to happen all the time. I mean aren't the only cars you're allowed to own Mustangs, Camaros, Chargers and Challengers?

My question is this:

I know what you mean - about Rucker and the phone playing big brother. I've started using the little slider at the bottom of the headlines (more and less) to get it to quit giving me stuff I'm not interested in. If I've done a search on my phone, I see "news" stories start popping up on that topic.

Rucker is getting as bad as John Adams. BTW UT self reported four violations - don't know if it has to do with the hiring of the outside law firm or something else. Apparently 3 against the football team and 1 against the Lady Vols. The most serious seems to be a paintball game where some recruits participated and the equipment was rented from an outside company - second seemed to be an off campus dinner with recruits. A LV coach returned a phone call thinking it was to an AAU coach - turns out it was the AAU coach's daughter who was considered and underaged recruit. It would be nice if this was all there was to the big mystery.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Simple ..... don't click on Rucker's write-ups & read those negative write-ups if it upsets you so much. I stay naive or unaware of those things bc I don't go to places as that & read bs crap. There's nothing I can do about it anyway after reading those type of articles. I stay on VN to read up on all things TN Vols to know what's going on w/the different kinds of sports programs UT has. I get all my UT sports news here on VN.

I clicked on a news story a few years ago - turns out it was VN, and I wound up in the FF. Problem was that it was way too crazy over there. So I get my news from what gets planted here in Gramps and every night I scan a list of stories on Marlon McKinney's - The List. Plus my phone knows I'm a Vol fan. The biggest problem is that most of the stories are still clickbait hot air by people who pretend to be in the know.

I would think in the military this has to happen all the time. I mean aren't the only cars you're allowed to own Mustangs, Camaros, Chargers and Challengers?

When I was at Ft Dix for AIT in 1967, some guy had a Cobra - they were the real ones back at that time - built by Shelby and sold by Ford. I used to drool over it. If he still has it, he's sitting on a car worth over $1M that he paid less than $8K for.

Proud of you bud. In that " so glad that wasn't me, no way I let that come out his mouth more than once before I was on top of him whether on the hood, ground...." I know that you are likely old enough to be a Lt.s Daddy...actually..( my wife and kids wore out the word "literally " with the rest of the US so much that I can't use it anymore) ...and therefore have 20 more years of using patience and good judgment...but that wasn't easy to do. A guy yelling that you're a thief is like a crying baby or a fire alarm etc, something better make it stop, and quick. Good job not punching that idiot in the face.

2nd thought....you're a grown man and see 1 other man trying to break in your car....who screams about that like a damsel in distress? He walked right up on you more or less. Right? Who yells for other people instead of their natural instinct being to handle it themselves? What a puss....I dont remember the last time I " yelled for help" but it wasn't as an adult for sure. What a puss lmao...

As yall prob remember my Pappaw was a 26yr Master Sergeant who died still pissed he didn't make Chief, and my Dad a full bird Colonel both USAF. So I have spent mucho time on bases all over the US , shopped there etc basic military life as a kid all summer every summer til I was an adult. Long enough to know how clueless an Lt. Is...Dad always told me the best advice he got after OCS and a commission was when starting out a Senior officer pointed at the highest ranking NCO now under his command and said " see Sfc. Smith over there ? He knows more about your job and how to do it than you will for quite a while. Listen to what he says. " My Dad said that he was glad he listened, and always listened, to those he was responsible for. Having always gone to his on base softball games etc and seen the way his guys treated him, as just 1 of the guys, I think he must have done pretty well. When he retired and left the folks or had to move etc his guys were always emotional and really cool too. I really looked up to some of those guys, especially as a teenager who had been to Colorado Springs twice and still had dreams of getting in the Academy. Had the grades and SATs but not the clout or connections to ever make that happen. Few people do.

We had a member of our college baseball team borrow another teammate's car for a date. He spent the evening in someone else's Chrysler as the two same make cars had identical keys. He took the wrong one.
It took some explaining buy the person that reported his car stolen was finally convinced that it was an honest mistake.

Last edited:
Isn't that the truth. Those car lots right off any military post are the biggest scam artists out there. They could type up an submit and allotment faster than PAC clerk at 16:00 of Friday.

Any junior enlisted members should be required by regulation to take a Senior NCO with them when buying a vehicle.

VN Store

Back