Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

With dem mater plants, who could blame her.
We USED to grow them maters in our backyard at the house, here in Conroe.

But the trees overgrew those beds I put in 20 years ago, so I made that new mater garden out there in Willis, behind the warehouse.

Traffic is getting so bad on my commute... even between Conroe and Willis... but I hardly ever go anywhere else anymore.

The other day I ran the broke PC down through the Woodlands, to a residence in Spring in the late afternoon, and I was like a fish out of water in all that traffic and congestion. Hard to believe only 10 years ago I was still commuting to downtown Houston and flying all over the place all the time. Happy to be out of that rat race.

I've never understood if you're going to spend a metric butt-ton of money on building a house, why would you make it look like some third graders bad attempt at putting five Lego sets together?

20210116_171127.jpg

Reactions: StarRaider and AM64
We USED to grow them maters in our backyard at the house, here in Conroe.

But the trees overgrew those beds I put in 20 years ago, so I made that new mater garden out there in Willis, behind the warehouse.

Traffic is getting so bad on my commute... even between Conroe and Willis... but I hardly ever go anywhere else anymore.

The other day I ran the broke PC down through the Woodlands, to a residence in Spring in the late afternoon, and I was like a fish out of water in all that traffic and congestion. Hard to believe only 10 years ago I was still commuting to downtown Houston and flying all over the place all the time. Happy to be out of that rat race.

45 is awful. I just happenstanced to cross into Willis for one account. Otherwise I was up or down 247, or down to 10 via SHPW or 99, run up and down Hardy.
Always leave early or late or get home early.

45 is awful. I just happenstanced to cross into Willis for one account. Otherwise I was up or down 247, or down to 10 via SHPW or 99, run up and down Hardy.
Always leave early or late or get home early.
I always took Hardy Toll Road to the extent possible. And always allowed extra time for traffic. One of my main activities back in the day was interfacing with one of the big engineering companies in the Energy Corridor area, working on refinery/petrochemical projects (and in that connection I did start-ups in China, Japan, Saudi Arabia and Taiwan as well as Port Arthur) and I actually had my own office there the last several years before I quit that job... so I got to know BW8 intimately too.

Reactions: Orangeburst
I've never understood if you're going to spend a metric butt-ton of money on building a house, why would you make it look like some third graders bad attempt at putting five Lego sets together?

View attachment 339762

How's the new member of the family doing? I took our last one in a few years ago thinking she was a kitten that would never survive the winter on her own. A little tabby with stripes almost on top of each other - I'd never seen stripes stacked that close before. She was 5 to 6 pounds (after I started feeding her outdoors), and the vet thought she was a couple of years old - a shock to me. Well, she's filled out her stripes to what looks like normal spacing, and she's big - like 16 pounds of big. Loves to take over my lap and snooze ... and smack me if I walk by when she's on the bed. Her favorite is to race down the stairs in front of me, sink her claws into the carpet like an anchor, swing around all the way across the stair, and give me a ferocious look - like just try getting by. If she ever misses with the hook in the carpet, it's going to be ugly - sixteen pounds of cat splattered against the wall. She likes to put her head through the bannister so we can bump heads or rub faces - never had one quite like her before.

How's the new member of the family doing? I took our last one in a few years ago thinking she was a kitten that would never survive the winter on her own. A little tabby with stripes almost on top of each other - I'd never seen stripes stacked that close before. She was 5 to 6 pounds (after I started feeding her outdoors), and the vet thought she was a couple of years old - a shock to me. Well, she's filled out her stripes to what looks like normal spacing, and she's big - like 16 pounds of big. Loves to take over my lap and snooze ... and smack me if I walk by when she's on the bed. Her favorite is to race down the stairs in front of me, sink her claws into the carpet like an anchor, swing around all the way across the stair, and give me a ferocious look - like just try getting by. If she ever misses with the hook in the carpet, it's going to be ugly - sixteen pounds of cat splattered against the wall. She likes to put her head through the bannister so we can bump heads or rub faces - never had one quite like her before.

Being a pain in the backside.

Someone needs to be spaid and someone is going into heat. Hence, she's not going outside at the moment.

Reactions: AM64
My cat just kicked me out of my office chair. She does this every night when she's ready for bed.

Reactions: AM64 and StarRaider

VN Store

Back