Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I don't think we'll have a coaching search this year (upcoming season). Fulmer said he will stay on until a new AD is hired and let him/her hire the next football coach. I expect it to take a couple of months before that happens and then they will just name Kevin Steele interim coach and let him hire some one year contract assistant coaches.

Reactions: AM64
I don't think we'll have a coaching search this year (upcoming season). Fulmer said he will stay on until a new AD is hired and let him/her hire the next football coach. I expect it to take a couple of months before that happens and then they will just name Kevin Steele interim coach and let him hire some one year contract assistant coaches.

If they go back to a Hart, Curry, Hamilton mold for AD we are permanently screwed. I think for the time being the AD position is more important than a coach - old football HCs as AD get it right fairly often - not so much for the ones educated for the job. One generally knows how to pick coaches and how to succeed - the other pretends to manage an environment he/she knows virtually nothing about.

I hate that it's come to this ... again. Obviously some coaches don't transition from coaching to a coach as a CEO. Despite what several of you think, Freeze with his attached baggage would be about the poorest choice we could make at this time.

If they go back to a Hart, Curry, Hamilton mold for AD we are permanently screwed. I think for the time being the AD position is more important than a coach - old football HCs as AD get it right fairly often - not so much for the ones educated for the job. One generally knows how to pick coaches and how to succeed - the other pretends to manage an environment he/she knows virtually nothing about.

I hate that it's come to this ... again. Obviously some coaches don't transition from coaching to a coach as a CEO. Despite what several of you think, Freeze with his attached baggage would be about the poorest choice we could make at this time.
I used to never think about our AD when we had people like Bob Woodruff and Doug Dickey in charge. Then we changed to the modern American model of corporate management where short term gains and big paychecks for those in charge were the answer and ever since our football team has gone downhill as have our corporations. Go figure.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back