Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Today I'm having to pick up some crane parts that we had hardened and I had a double take on the contact name

Jeff Francis. (not our former QB and Vol Network sideline reporter).

Reactions: AM64
Yeah, too bad he left before the new football uproar started.
I'm impressed with the Chancellor for showing a set of cahoones and getting rid of Pruitt and Fulmer. She sounds like she wants to spend some money and make the right hire for a change.

Dink this new bar looks like it's right down your alley, do you have anything to do with it?

The Vault

Looks interesting. Fever Tree tonic in the gin drinks is a good sign. BTW for anybody who likes ginger ale, try ginger beer. Publix usually has Barritts - definitely an upgrade over ginger ale either alone or in drinks. Also there's a drink just for you (and a lot of the rest of us) called the Grumpy Old Man - from bourbon, ginger ale, and lime juice. Haven't tried it with ginger beer yet. I got a six pack of ginger beer to make Dark 'n' Stormy. and drank the rest of the ginger beer and decided it's way better than ginger ale.

I was actually offered a job two months ago. I'm not a fan of the Klonaris ownership and turned them down.

They build a beautiful bar (see Kefi) but they'd shoot you in the fist over five dollars.
I thought of you when I read this place opened. Seems like a nice high end bar, I'm just curious if there are enough "high end" spenders in Knoxville to keep it open.

I'm impressed with the Chancellor for showing a set of cahoones and getting rid of Pruitt and Fulmer. She sounds like she wants to spend some money and make the right hire for a change.

She's playing with fire a bit on the infractions and firing for cause, but if it works, it could be a trendsetter.

She's playing with fire a bit on the infractions and firing for cause, but if it works, it could be a trendsetter.
What does she have to lose? TN payed Bruce Pearl over a million dollars to go away and the NCAA had him dead to rights. I don't see this woman as being so generous, in fact I would be terrified of her in divorce court.

What does she have to lose? TN payed Bruce Pearl over a million dollars to go away and the NCAA had him dead to rights. I don't see this woman as being so generous, in fact I would be terrified of her in divorce court.

I think it's a good strategy as long as she doesn't sell the NCAA on level 1 violations when they would have settled for level 2. That's my big concern.

I read a story about the bags of cash last night - specifically that several people who would know were ready to lynch the clown who broke the story and said it absolutely did not happen - we'll see. The interesting thing was that there were several comments - none seemed to be from Tennessee fans (most had GA logos), and with one exception they all defended UT saying they didn't believe the cash story. That was very surprising - usually other schools gang up on anyone in trouble.

I'm sitting in the kitchen reading this thread on my cell phone. I heard my text notification sound go off in the bedroom. Got up, went there, and got mad when I couldn't find my phone. Came back to kitchen and saw my phone where I left it.

:oops:

Reactions: AM64 and LouderVol
I can't wait for the "new" to wear off the Teams/Zoom thing. What used to be a simple email or text is now "Let's have a meeting!" and we go for hours discussing things.

But I do like my Star Wars background in Teams. My inner nerd showing out.

I can't wait for the "new" to wear off the Teams/Zoom thing. What used to be a simple email or text is now "Let's have a meeting!" and we go for hours discussing things.

But I do like my Star Wars background in Teams. My inner nerd showing out.
it goes back to the previous discussion. the people who draw importance from meetings can now host them at will, and you have even fewer reasons for ducking them.

it goes back to the previous discussion. the people who draw importance from meetings can now host them at will, and you have even fewer reasons for ducking them.
Haven't you learned the trick about having someone calling you in the middle of a meeting? It's the old "sorry I have to take this" and you never come back.

Reactions: StarRaider and AM64

VN Store

Back