Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

My first 2 cars were Mustangs and my 3rd was a new Camaro Z28. I have to say that the Camaro was the biggest POS I ever owned until I owned a Monte Carlo and Chevette once I got married. GM has been banned from my household, my kids households and all future generations forever.

I read a consumer reports magazine which showed reliability ratings for pretty much every car made...based on warranty claims at dealerships on new cars still under car payments.

Chevy had 2 or 3 that were a 75% shaded circle. Thats a 2 out of 5 rating, with 5 being best and 1 being worst. EVERY other vehicle they made had a solid black circle.....a 1 out of 5....the worst possible score. All of them. Except for 2 or 3 models that were slightly better, not based on opinion but actual dealer warranty claims made. Honda in contrast only had 1 vehicle to score a 3, and it was the rebadged Passport that was actually an Isuzu Rodeo bc Honda was still developing their 1st Passport inhouse...every other model was a 4 or 5, with almost all of them being 5s.....

I loved my Supra. My Mitsubishi is... well... a letdown.

Check out that new Subaru BRZ then. Go test drive 1....there arent many on the road, but they have about 240hp NA, lots of torque due to horizontal 4 banger...6 speed manual with hand Ebrake old school style, and again, it is the same car as a Toyota 86...only reason Toyota doesnt sell em here is they take away from Supra sales ...

Also, enjoy whatever you get bud. Excited for you

Reactions: VolStrom and AM64
But wait! There's more!

View attachment 350477

5-10 inches of snow in Oklahoma is serious.

Happy happy ..... Joy joy ...... for all of you who will deal with it. I've always wondered, how did the native Indians live in those harsh winter conditions in Oklahoma back in the 1840s-1880s? With tents & a fire in the middle? Really? Did some go South to Florida to survive the winter months? I'm too lazy to use Google this morning.

Reactions: AM64
Happy happy ..... Joy joy ...... for all of you who will deal with it. I've always wondered, how did the native Indians live in those harsh winter conditions in Oklahoma back in the 1840s-1880s? With tents & a fire in the middle? Really? Did some go South to Florida to survive the winter months? I'm too lazy to use Google this morning.

Hardy people.

Fort Worth 100-vehicle pileup leaves at least 5 dead, multiple people injured: officials

Police confirmed to Fox News that 5 fatalities & an unknown amount of injuries have happened at this time ...
Do people not know to slow the F down during terrible winter driving conditions? I know first hand that a couple of years ago here in Jackson w/snow & ice on the roads all around town .... people would drive like it was a nice Spring time day outside. They would tailgate you to get the hell out of the way ...... crazy damn people for sure.

Last edited:
The Weather Channel was just now showing the Forth Worth 100 car pile-up w/commentary about it.
They also showed how Waco and the Austin,TX. area is getting pounded with a lot of ice & sleet.
Ice & sleet is falling south of Jackson right now .... in the North Miss area of Olive Branch going towards Tupelo.

Sweet Jeebus Mercury Marine today announced a four stroke V12 7.6L naturally aspirated OUTBOARD engine. It has a two speed automatic transmission and twin counter rotating props. It’s a huge displacement and I can’t even wrap my head around what they are gonna charge for this thing. 😳

Fort Worth 100-vehicle pileup leaves at least 5 dead, multiple people injured: officials

Police confirmed to Fox News that 5 fatalities & an unknown amount of injuries have happened at this time ...
Do people not know to slow the F down during terrible winter driving conditions? I know first hand that a couple of years ago here in Jackson w/snow & ice on the roads all around town .... people would drive like it was a nice Spring time day outside. They would tailgate you to get the hell out of the way ...... crazy damn people for sure.
I spent 6 years living in the Pocono Mtns of PA and commuting halfway to NYC on I-80, about 55 miles each way. Most winters weren’t too bad, maybe 3 or 4 snows. But that last winter, 1993/94, was a doozy. Winter storm every week for 17 weeks in a row, and during one cold spell the propane trucks could not keep up and I had no heat in my house for 3 days. It was especially tricky crossing Allamuchy Mtn when there was black ice on the road. FedEx Freight was just in here (an hour N of Houston) and the driver said they might close up shop on Monday if it snows.

I've been on that section of 35 down there. And remember, Texas doesn't get that much snow/ice like that. Or very often. That section is even worse since it's a barricaded highway with nowhere to go and you start playing vehicle ping-pong with those concrete dividers.

Once that truck let go, it was all over but the crying.

Sweet Jeebus Mercury Marine today announced a four stroke V12 7.6L naturally aspirated OUTBOARD engine. It has a two speed automatic transmission and twin counter rotating props. It’s a huge displacement and I can’t even wrap my head around what they are gonna charge for this thing. 😳

You just that some guy in Miami is going to put 4 of these on the back of a fishing boat so he can get 100 miles offshore in 8 minutes.

I've been on that section of 35 down there. And remember, Texas doesn't get that much snow/ice like that. Or very often. That section is even worse since it's a barricaded highway with nowhere to go and you start playing vehicle ping-pong with those concrete dividers.

While watching the Weather Channel give the update earlier on this deadly pile-up, I was wondering why the road was made that way. A narrow two lane w/concrete barriers on both sides of you. I'd be a nut case after driving on that stretch of highway. But again .... people need to slow the F down ..... this isn't a NASCAR race we live in.

People around here lose their damn minds when frozen water falls from the sky. It is one of the signs of the apocalypse

VN Store

Back