Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I just looked at the weather forecast for east TN over the next 10 days and it's overcast for 3 days, rain for 2 days, snow for 4 days and partly cloudy for 1 day. Yee haw, I love winter.

It's the groundhog's curse. He said 6 more weeks. I said he's hardly ever wrong about his job.

Reactions: AM64
Talking down to people because they were not fortunate enough to get a great education makes a man look like a real jackass.

Some of the wisest and best men i have known in my life never even made it to HS, much less a university. Men with the ingenuity to make whatever they had work, in good circumstances and bad...because the only thing between their family and starvation was that man. My Pappaw Thomas highest level was the 7th grade I believe...he worked a full time job, that he walked miles to, then came home and ran the farm and grew the tobacco for harvest. He died without a penny of debt, and my Dad was 1 of 13 kids...all born at home. My Dad missed valedictorian by .05 of a point...his siblings nearly all just as bright. He went on to earn 2 masters degrees and become a Colonel in USAF. My son was valedictorian last year, and now is at Liberty in VA, some of the jackasses here would tell you that my Dad and my son are somehow better than my Pappaw was. That their opinions somehow carried more weight.

My family knows better. My Pappaw was more of a man than any since, much more than myself or my son. He was a tireless, brilliant, kind, Christian man that was harder on the inside than the life around him. We have gotten "progressively" softer and lazier, reliant on technology and lazy. This coming from a man who has made his living with his hands for nearly all of my life.

Way too many educated fools in the world these days. Not nearly enough men of old.

Reactions: AM64 and McDad
I just looked at the weather forecast for east TN over the next 10 days and it's overcast for 3 days, rain for 2 days, snow for 4 days and partly cloudy for 1 day. Yee haw, I love winter.
I’m getting out of here for a week, headed to New Smyrna beach and going to the Daytona 500 this weekend. Gonna be 70 on Sunday 😬

I saw on the Weather Channel where you guys got plastered good by ice today ....

Yes and no. It was mainly drizzle but once the ground finally cooled off, the roads got slick. Salt trucks were out all night.

However, this 17 degree bull **** was unnecessary...

But better than Wisconsin where we wound have normality been this time of year.

I’m getting out of here for a week, headed to New Smyrna beach and going to the Daytona 500 this weekend. Gonna be 70 on Sunday 😬

Here's to hoping there's no rain in the forecast for the Great American Race. I'll be watching on my big screen TV.
There'll be no one standing up drunk hollering in my ears and acting the fool that some will put up with.

Last edited:
Reactions: AM64 and AirVol
How would you know?

Are you a breitling fan being in aviation?

I am looking at a heritage 2 with a blue strap but the movement is a modified Tudor so I am on the fence.

I have always been an omega guy but this watch is gorgeous.

Just wasn't sure.

Sorry to derail thread...I just dont know anyone who has a breitling and thought you may have some experience.

I have a Breitling Aerospace - had it for years. It's been a great watch, and there are features I really like. I have a small wrist - both diameter and across, so many men's watches swamp my wrist. The Aerospace works. Second it's a fairly low profile so doesn't snag on everything and shirt cuffs slide over it. Third it's a titanium case with an extremely scratchproof crystal - titanium makes it much lighter than most watches - and it doesn't show scratches. But the best feature for me has always been the styling. The one disadvantage is battery replacement. Breitling wants you to send them the watch for "conditioning" or whatever, and they aren't cheap. The back does not have notches so you can twist it off; it pries off with a special tool. I've done it once with a knife and replaced the battery, but it's tedious and really easy to slip with the knife ... once you find the magic location. The final thing is that apparently (and I have no proof) is that Breitling and perhaps a number of other high end watchmakers don't make electronic movements - they buy them, so you may actually have a very expensive Swiss watch with Chinese guts. I don't know that last part for sure.

I also have a special edition Citizen eco drive with three little dials and connects to WWV set the time. My wife talked me into it; I've worn it fewer times than I have fingers - neat watch but clunky when compared to the Breitling - looks dressier though. I haven't actually worn a watch in years, but certain styles get my attention; unlike Butch Jones, I can say "no" easily. I may be a snob - I like the Breitling/Bentley logo probably more than I should.

Breitling-Aerospace-80360-Men-1990-1999_1575868714_7268.jpg

Are you a breitling fan being in aviation?

I am looking at a heritage 2 with a blue strap but the movement is a modified Tudor so I am on the fence.

I have always been an omega guy but this watch is gorgeous.

Just wasn't sure.

Sorry to derail thread...I just dont know anyone who has a breitling and thought you may have some experience.

Check my post above. I intended it as a reply to you, but something went wrong.

Reactions: NEO
Check my post above. I intended it as a reply to you, but something went wrong.

The new breitling lost the wings so you will probably not like the logo anymore. It's just a cursive B.

I was planning on buying a new seamester 300 professional for my birthday. The one with gold on stainless and blue strap and was working with the local dealer to see if he would match jomashop if I paid cash.....which he said he would, but then when I was on jomashop grabbing some Raybans I saw this blue on blue strap heritage 2 and fell in love.

I have a small wrist too so 42 is as large as I would want to go. The heritage 2 is 3,025 and the sea master (no gold) is 4,495.

1500 less and I like it much better. I just am concerned about the movement as Omega is all in house and the H2 is a modified Tudor. That is the only part stopping me.

Watch is gorgeous. I am always logged in on my phone and dont know how to copy and past on my android or I would link a picture.

The new breitling lost the wings so you will probably not like the logo anymore. It's just a cursive B.

I was planning on buying a new seamester 300 professional for my birthday. The one with gold on stainless and blue strap and was working with the local dealer to see if he would match jomashop if I paid cash.....which he said he would, but then when I was on jomashop grabbing some Raybans I saw this blue on blue strap heritage 2 and fell in love.

I have a small wrist too so 42 is as large as I would want to go. The heritage 2 is 3,025 and the sea master (no gold) is 4,495.

1500 less and I like it much better. I just am concerned about the movement as Omega is all in house and the H2 is a modified Tudor. That is the only part stopping me.

Watch is gorgeous. I am always logged in on my phone and dont know how to copy and past on my android or I would link a picture.

I'll look it up. Sounds interesting. I looked at both; I really like the Heritage II much better - a lot classier look.

My Breitling has to be more than 20 years old, and I wore it every day for years. I've climbed around in plants with it, and it looks like it did the day I bought it. The crystal is unmarked and the case looks just like the one in the picture above. Titanium may not be the classiest metal in the world, but it's fantastic stuff for a watch case. The watch has kept flawless time, and it never went to Breitling for a battery. Until the older watch repair guy at the Breitling dealer here left, he did the batteries for me. Ask your jeweler if they have Breitling catalogs, and talk him out of one for yourself - they are very nice.

I really want the 6 speed manual transmission Camaro. The real manual, not that paddle shift crap. From what I hear, Millennials have no idea how to work a clutch so it getting stolen is not a concern. And it burns gasoline. Good American made gasoline..

VN Store

Back