Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I took the time to lovingly craft a valentine by hand and my wife isn’t grateful. I’ll never understand women.
895132F0-E317-4EA9-BBCE-5820544AFB24.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: AM64
My first 2 cars were Mustangs and my 3rd was a new Camaro Z28. I have to say that the Camaro was the biggest POS I ever owned until I owned a Monte Carlo and Chevette once I got married. GM has been banned from my household, my kids households and all future generations forever.
I had a ‘91 LX 5.0 and I still miss that car. I’d like to find a late model Fox body convertible that isn’t a total rag for a weekend runabout, but those things are going up in value and hard to find

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Moving further along. Pressure washed and cleaned up. Strut towers, master cylinder are out as well. Planning on dropping the rear end and removing fuel tank and lines. Then repaint engine bay.

View attachment 350345
View attachment 350346
You need to post some additional pics of the whole body. Do you have any showing what it looked like before you started?

About that...

My furnace is kicking on every 15 minutes since yesterday morning. I've only got it set at 72 and normally the house is well insulated. However, single digit temps aren't making things easy.
72? do you have to sit on top of a stack of books to see above the steering wheel and crochet sweaters for that cat of yours?

Are you a breitling fan being in aviation?

I am looking at a heritage 2 with a blue strap but the movement is a modified Tudor so I am on the fence.

I have always been an omega guy but this watch is gorgeous.

Just wasn't sure.

Sorry to derail thread...I just dont know anyone who has a breitling and thought you may have some experience.
Expensive watches scare me. I would be terrified of losing it.

Reactions: AM64 and NEO
About that...

My furnace is kicking on every 15 minutes since yesterday morning. I've only got it set at 72 and normally the house is well insulated. However, single digit temps aren't making things easy.
I’m amazed at how well our house is performing. I figured our furnace would be running non stop. Nope, once or twice an hour with it 10 degrees outside. Never moved the temps off of 76/75 degrees (two zones we keep the master suite one degree lower)

I’m amazed at how well our house is performing. I figured our furnace would be running non stop. Nope, once or twice an hour with it 10 degrees outside. Never moved the temps off of 76/75 degrees (two zones we keep the master suite one degree lower)
wtf is wrong with you people. 75 is too warm for summer time. yet alone winter.

wtf is wrong with you people. 75 is too warm for summer time. yet alone winter.
Buy a better house. I left our old house on 70-72 degrees and thought I liked it cold like that. Turns out we just had crappy thermal gradients throughout the house. In this house which is well insulated with multiple returns every room is evenly heated or cooled. Amazing. We leave it on that year around and I turned off the temp schedules. Don’t need them.

It's 16 degrees here in Jackson ..... tomorrow snow all day w/a high of 17. They're saying about 4-10 inches of snow.
We keep our house at 75 & it's really comfortable.

EDIT: They're calling for another snow storm for Wednesday - Thursday. Buckle up GV & AM64.

Last edited:
Buy a better house. I left our old house on 70-72 degrees and thought I liked it cold like that. Turns out we just had crappy thermal gradients throughout the house. In this house which is well insulated with multiple returns every room is evenly heated or cooled. Amazing. We leave it on that year around and I turned off the temp schedules. Don’t need them.
if i am doing anything more than walking around at a slow pace I will start sweating at 75. anything above 55 starts to feel warm after a while, depending on the context.

Come talk to me in ten years, junior.

The kidding is fun, but I'm like you I hate being cold now. My wife keeps the thermostat at something like 67 in the day and 60 at night. The den is mine, and I have one of those oil filled heaters that I use to keep it around 72 in here for me and one of the cats. When I go to bed, I turn the electric blanked on my side to bake for a while before I actually get in bed, and then I turn it to low or off when I finish reading. The fact that I'm due for another aortic valve in the next year or so might play a part in that, but I tolerate hot a lot better than cold these days.

VN Store

Back