Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

You need to post some additional pics of the whole body. Do you have any showing what it looked like before you started?

I'll be adding additional photos tomorrow. I was able to drop the rear end and remove the fuel tank. Along with the front lower control arms and springs. The control arms and springs were not part of the plan at this stage, but about 39 years ago, someone at GM thought to add these to part of the procedure to remove the engine mounts. Brilliant.

I envy Ford owners on days like these.

I’m amazed at how well our house is performing. I figured our furnace would be running non stop. Nope, once or twice an hour with it 10 degrees outside. Never moved the temps off of 76/75 degrees (two zones we keep the master suite one degree lower)

76/75 degrees? Do you keep it that warm so your walker doesn’t chill your hands when you grab it?

Your internal thermostat is broken dude
As a young infant I had meningitis. they kept me in a very cold room to balance my temperature while I was sick for a while. I spent a while over several occasions in the hospital and my parents said it was always cold enough for them to wear winter coats.

So I blame that. I feel the cold, it's just not a bad sensation for me

As a young infant I had meningitis. they kept me in a very cold room to balance my temperature while I was sick for a while. I spent a while over several occasions in the hospital and my parents said it was always cold enough for them to wear winter coats.

So I blame that. I feel the cold, it's just not a bad sensation for me
Ah ok I’ve got a friend at work worth the opposite problem. Issue at birth which makes him always cold. He wears a light jacket at work in summer a lot of the time to offset the air conditioning.

He’s probably going nuts here to day. It’s 5 degrees 😳

Reactions: AM64
keefbetty-jpg.84779

It's starting to hit in southern mid TN right now. Good news is we will be above freezing in a couple of day and then about 50 over the weekend.

Something that always struck me as strange is that you can be relatively close as far as miles go, but if you are on the southwest side of the Cumberland Plateau the only thing for certain seems to be that the weather will probably not be like the rest of the state gets. When I was in Knoxville, I figured when you saw a storm was hitting Memphis, it would be in Nashville a few hours later, and then Knoxville a few hours after that - not so for Chattanooga. The weather in the Chattanooga area has been miserable for the last few days, but I can't recall the temperature dropping below 37. In the forty years we've lived here it has never seemed like home; when I take I-24 and start down the other side, I always get the feeling of going home. We were going to move when the kids finished HS, then it was this or that. I'm thinking the only way to get my wife out of this house is with dynamite.

Something that always struck me as strange is that you can be relatively close as far as miles go, but if you are on the southwest side of the Cumberland Plateau the only thing for certain seems to be that the weather will probably not be like the rest of the state gets. When I was in Knoxville, I figured when you saw a storm was hitting Memphis, it would be in Nashville a few hours later, and then Knoxville a few hours after that - not so for Chattanooga. The weather in the Chattanooga area has been miserable for the last few days, but I can't recall the temperature dropping below 37. In the forty years we've lived here it has never seemed like home; when I take I-24 and start down the other side, I always get the feeling of going home. We were going to move when the kids finished HS, then it was this or that. I'm thinking the only way to get my wife out of this house is with dynamite.
Jimmy can be very persuasive

1613416923006.jpeg

It's starting to hit in southern mid TN right now. Good news is we will be above freezing in a couple of day and then about 50 over the weekend.

Just drove from Gulf Shores to Gallatin today. Roads got bad as soon as I crossed the state line.

It might cost you $100 a month to be comfy vs wearing a Carhartt set of coveralls and seeing your breath inside. You sound like a buddy of mine that spent $15k buying a cheap ass Honda Civic so he could save money on gas over his F150.

Went too far VS, went too far.

VN Store

Back