Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I've had my plough ready and waiting since 5 this morning and now theyre sending me home because even tho its gonna snow all day they dont know what to do with my hours.

Haven't heard any trucks out scraping the roads yet. I think we're hoping to outdo texas or something.

I've had my plough ready and waiting since 5 this morning and now theyre sending me home because even tho its gonna snow all day they dont know what to do with my hours.

Haven't heard any trucks out scraping the roads yet. I think we're hoping to outdo texas or something.
Pennsylvania right?

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

You can bring your backside out here and do some of the roads where I live.

I'll bribe you with Italian cooking...

Reactions: AM64
LOL I closed the office yesterday but went in and the wife was saying I was only going in to get away from her.
We both have traveled so much during our marriage that if we ever retire we might find out we don't like each other......

You do understand it's a can't win situation? For years my wife complained she never had the house to herself; if I was gone kids were here ... So a couple of years ago I had a bright idea; I'd take my parents old house off my son's hands since he had moved. I could spend time there, move some stuff I needed there out of this house to get breathing room, and we could both have alone time. So I'll go there and kinda decompress a few days before the motivation to work on stuff kicks in, and about the time I'm making progress, I'll get a call that includes "When are you coming home?" It's really not a question, so I spend the rest of the day closing things down and come back to Chattanooga the next day (have I mentioned I really want out of Chattanooga ... bad?) In January I left here on a Sunday and after the phone call I came back the following Sunday. A week or so later she said something about being gone for three weeks - I said "What!?" For you guys with alternate realities about covid and the effects; she had it in early Aug, her taste and smell aren't back anywhere near normal and sometimes her thinking is a bit weird.

Reactions: RavinDave
Yeah, and your back porch is not as expensive.
What is it with women and shopping? I learned to never leave an extra dime in the checking account because my wife looked at that as available money to spend on stupid crap like shoes, clothes and nik naks. The flavor of the day for younger women seems to be signs with messages on them that they stick on the front porch and all over the house. Half of the houses on my street have big vertical signs on the front porch that say "welcome".

What is it with women and shopping? I learned to never leave an extra dime in the checking account because my wife looked at that as available money to spend on stupid crap like shoes, clothes and nik naks. The flavor of the day for younger women seems to be signs with messages on them that they stick on the front porch and all over the house. Half of the houses on my street have big vertical signs on the front porch that say "welcome".

Those "Welcome" signs are for UPS, FedEx, and the mailman bearing shoes. Somehow most of the world's women have the Imelda Marcos shoe gene.

Good news for the doctors of VN...I just proofread and approved the last of our end of year avalanche of MTMs, CMRs, and COA reviews...so you should be getting them any day now...hoping we can break the single percentage return rate this year

Good news for the doctors of VN...I just proofread and approved the last of our end of year avalanche of MTMs, CMRs, and COA reviews...so you should be getting them any day now...hoping we can break the single percentage return rate this year
MTMs, CMRs, and COA reviews?

McRib is from Louisiana. She has been itching to get to her hospital this week. She's never driven in the snow. We had our first lesson today. 5 minutes in, and our AWD Acura has its nose against a tree. That tree is the only thing preventing a fairly steep drop of about 8 feet to other trees.
I brought the tow strap and come along just in case. As I am hooking the strap to another tree a fellow drives up in his 4x4 pickup. I drive back to our driveway. She is ready to go home. But when the horse throws you, you've got to get back in the saddle immediately. So we switched seats and we drove the other direction which is much flatter with fewer drop offs.
It was our only mishap in the 45 minute lesson. Proud of her.

VN Store

Back