Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Being I learned how to cook by watching my Sicilian mom, I have to weigh in here.

@LouderVol makes a good point as does @DinkinFlicka and @Y9 Vol and anybody else I may have left out who has contributed here.

But when it comes to meatballs vs. sausage vs. ground beef, I have to ask, what about spareribs? What about chicken?

Anyway, it's all good... mama mia!

I have never enjoyed the taste of chicken and marinara together. I know it's weird but yeah. Pig or cow is fine.

Just drove from Gulf Shores to Gallatin today. Roads got bad as soon as I crossed the state line.

I have never been to gulf shores/orange beach.

How would you compare it to Destin and PCB?

We love Destin.

Not a fan of PCB.

I have never been to gulf shores/orange beach.

How would you compare it to Destin and PCB?

We love Destin.

Not a fan of PCB.

It was Feb so not crowded at all and most places were closing by 8 or close to it so we didn't get the full on beach experience. I will say that I think I would like it better than Destin because it couldn't get near as crowded. We're going back this fall.

Reactions: NEO
It was Feb so not crowded at all and most places were closing by 8 or close to it so we didn't get the full on beach experience. I will say that I think I would like it better than Destin because it couldn't get near as crowded. We're going back this fall.

Was shopping and restaurants on the same level in your opinion?

My wife loves the outlet mall and small outdoor mall in destin and I love the back porch.

Reactions: AM64
Was shopping and restaurants on the same level in your opinion?

My wife loves the outlet mall and small outdoor mall in destin and I love the back porch.

No, I wouldn't even say it's close but the smaller, slower paced, less crowded beaches are more my style. It looks like a happy medium for me and the wife. Since our mini storage kingdom has fallen through she wants to buy a condo on the beach somewhere so GS might be a good compromise.

Reactions: AM64 and NEO
I have never enjoyed the taste of chicken and marinara together. I know it's weird but yeah. Pig or cow is fine.
I am similar. For me if its chicken and marinara the marinara has to be an additive sauce, not a bath. Almost a dip or something added to the pasta and chicken.

No, I wouldn't even say it's close but the smaller, slower paced, less crowded beaches are more my style. It looks like a happy medium for me and the wife. Since our mini storage kingdom has fallen through she wants to buy a condo on the beach somewhere so GS might be a good compromise.

My wife is the exact opposite.

She compares everything to Manila.

The busier, more crowded, no room to move it is the happier she is.

I want to live near santa rosa, per our previous chats, but she loves tourist traps.

She wants to move to the gulch when the kids move out. I told her as kindly as possible it would happen when hell freezes over. I want to buy land and move to cotton town. I never signed up to live next to 5,000 apartments. Double dog's looks like it will be nice and I like Grant's kitchen but can we not get a nice seafood restaurant up here.

I think they are selling those white condos on the main drag for over 700k. Stupid Yankees eating them up like hotcakes.

....sorry....my ADHD kicked in.....

Reactions: AM64
What happened to your mini storage purchase?

My wife is the exact opposite.

She compares everything to Manila.

The busier, more crowded, no room to move it is the happier she is.

I want to live near santa rosa, per our previous chats, but she loves tourist traps.

She wants to move to the gulch when the kids move out. I told her as kindly as possible it would happen when hell freezes over. I want to buy land and move to cotton town. I never signed up to live next to 5,000 apartments. Double dog's looks like it will be nice and I like Grant's kitchen but can we not get a nice seafood restaurant up here.

I think they are selling those white condos on the main drag for over 700k. Stupid Yankees eating them up like hotcakes.

....sorry....my ADHD kicked in.....
We used to go to Santa Rosa Island Navarre Beach back in the 70-80's when there was nothing but that Holiday Inn on the island. Cross that bridge and a few houses and the hotel and nothng else. My aunt was there when they were filming a scene from Jaws 2. Probably not even there anymore but had indoor pool and kinda like a mini Opry

Reactions: NEO
We used to go to Santa Rosa Island Navarre Beach back in the 70-80's when there was nothing but that Holiday Inn on the island. Cross that bridge and a few houses and the hotel and nothng else. My aunt was there when they were filming a scene from Jaws 2. Probably not even there anymore but had indoor pool and kinda like a mini Opry
My dad isnt big on beaches, but if we go to a beach he wants to go to navarre. We stay near the east side close to the air force base(?). There is a park there, so even though we are in a tower you have some natural island right nearby

VN Store

Back