Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

What if I wanna keep all those expensive inner parts in tip top condition?
In that case a little dose of MMT with each fill-up would be the way to go.

Whether it saves you any money in the long run is debatable but it will keep your engine happy.

In that case a little dose of MMT with each fill-up would be the way to go.

Whether it saves you any money in the long run is debatable but it will keep your engine happy.
How much is a little dose? Per gal?

I successfully completed transferring my entire CD collection to my computer today! I had probably 200-250 CDs. It brought back a lot of memories, a few 60's a few more 70's and a whole bunch of 80's and 90's. There were a lot of good times had listening to those songs.
Yep. I’ve got my whole collection ripped into MP3’s. A buddy did the same. My BIL did the same. Then we combined libraries. I think I’ve got over 70,000 ripped MP3’s now.

I successfully completed transferring my entire CD collection to my computer today! I had probably 200-250 CDs. It brought back a lot of memories, a few 60's a few more 70's and a whole bunch of 80's and 90's. There were a lot of good times had listening to those songs.

I did that a while ago, and later copied the best to a huge thumb drive plugged into my car audio. I let it play in alphabetical order - after a lot of driving I'm to "H". The real project I'm trying to get going is converting my records to HQ stereo; it's slow, there are so many interruptions.

If you want to really jazz up the quality of your gasoline for a high performance engine, the best additive is MMT which may not be listed on the label but one product I'm pretty sure has it is 104+ Octane Boost. Not cheap but it really works.

MMT is a manganese-containing compound - methylcyclopentadienyl manganese tricarbonyl - which works as a lube for the valves and piston rings as well as boosting the octane.

Used to be - when leaded gas was the norm - the tetraethyl lead was dosed in together with MMT, which gave it a synergistic effect. But even without lead, MMT is still great for the gas engine... the best additive there is.

Around 1980 when I was working for a small custom/tolling chemical company, there was a fuel additive outfit in Fort Worth called Octane Boost Corporation who were looking for a domestic producer of MMT for their business, because with lead having been phased out, the only remaining MMT producer was in the UK.

I had wanted to produce it myself, and started a company called Volunteer Chemical, but didn't have the time or money to build my own plant, so I brokered it to a plant where I had worked at before. They screwed me out of most of my commissions and then blew up their plant with a hydrogen explosion (H2 is a byproduct in the MMT process).
I used to put 104+ Octane Boost in my Mustang 5.0....it made it run soooooo smooth. I still miss that car.

VN Store

Back