Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Quick question. The tires have to be removed to replace the sensors from the looks of them? And the sensor battery appears to be a round lithium cell that lasts lasts maybe up to ten years?
Correct.
I opened an old sensor. Simple really. Battery, electronics, all imbeded in a clear solid gel (silicone). If my new sensors don't work, I'm gonna replace the battery.

Reactions: AM64
Quick question. The tires have to be removed to replace the sensors from the looks of them? And the sensor battery appears to be a round lithium cell that lasts lasts maybe up to ten years?

Yes. And to further muddy the water, Honda’s, since around 2015 have been using a passive sensor that’s built into the wheel hub itself. I’ve read up on them and they use tire rotation (rpms) to determine proper inflation. Those are tricky because if you replace one tire, the TPMS light will come on because the new tire has more tread and thus turns fewer rpms than the others.

Man, things are starting to creep back into normalcy in my world. I'm back to work, opening up a new restaurant with my previous employers here in Knoxville. Been seeing someone for most of this year, but she's moving back to Europe pretty soon as vaccines get out and restrictions lift, but we're parting on good terms.

Can't really complain. How about you?

And you haven't mentioned this enchanting European gal before now?

Speaking of colleges

@McDad did McSon ever decide on where he wants to go?

He did. Thank you for asking. Tennessee Tech. Low tuition and double major in Chemistry / Chemical Engineering sold him. I couldn't even get him to tour UT.

Here's hoping he becomes a big enough success as a ChemE that he can afford his own forklifts, just like @RavinDave

Man, things are starting to creep back into normalcy in my world. I'm back to work, opening up a new restaurant with my previous employers here in Knoxville. Been seeing someone for most of this year, but she's moving back to Europe pretty soon as vaccines get out and restrictions lift, but we're parting on good terms.

Can't really complain. How about you?
Hope you're still off the cigs, too.

He did. Thank you for asking. Tennessee Tech. Low tuition and double major in Chemistry / Chemical Engineering sold him. I couldn't even get him to tour UT.

Here's hoping he becomes a big enough success as a ChemE that he can afford his own forklifts, just like @RavinDave

TN Tech is a great Enginerring school and does a great job at placing graduates. Son went there .

Why give names to what is clearly an automated message? I guess it's more preying on the old.

Got a phone call from a "Tom" that was clearly a robot.

Maybe it's just the next Captcha test, and we continue to teach the robots how to make themselves indistinguishable from humans.

Why give names to what is clearly an automated message? I guess it's more preying on the old.

Maybe it's just the next Captcha test, and we continue to teach the robots how to make themselves indistinguishable from humans.
You weren't complaining when you bought that life-like robot sex doll.

Maybe robots giving themselves names is the next step in them taking over the world. You need to show proper deference to our future mechanical overlords.

All women do.

It's called a wedding ring.
🙄🙄🙄 Not. All. Women... 😜 My hubby, aka the bearded one, had to quit smoking just to keep up with my sex drive. I also made him an very rewarding offer he couldn’t refuse... 🤤. He’s has a great life! He’d say so himself if I could ever talk him into getting one here.
Besides, technically, everyone has an expiration date... We are all dying...

🙄🙄🙄 Not. All. Women... 😜 My hubby, aka the bearded one, had to quit smoking just to keep up with my sex drive. I also made him an very rewarding offer he couldn’t refuse... 🤤. He’s has a great life! He’d say so himself if I could ever talk him into getting one here.
Besides, technically, everyone has an expiration date... We are all dying...

Had to quit and you nagging him about it (and blaming me for giving him contraband cigs) are two different things.

My son passed on UT and others for Tenn Tech in computer programming. He cooped at an AF test facility that we all know I'm sure, and had a job there when he graduated. He's since moved to Huntsville and is doing well. The dorms at TT left plenty to be desired, but (even as a UT grad) I'd recommend TT for a prospective engineer. Overall I'd guess engineering students there are less distracted and more focused there than a bigger place like UT. This coming from some one who actually quit UT in his junior year and joined the Army because he was getting by but not really getting an education at UT, and going back to UT after a few years away and getting a BS and MS seemed a lot harder than when I was fresh out of HS.

Reactions: RavinDave and McDad

VN Store

Back