Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Ahhh... the fishing boat guy versus ski boat guy battle that will go on as long there are boats and lakes.
Also a “ski” boat doesn’t make these monstrous wakes. The Master Crafts and Nautiques I skied behind as a kid had a baby ass smooth wake. Awesome for slalom skiing.

Also a “ski” boat doesn’t make these monstrous wakes. The Master Crafts and Nautiques I skied behind as a kid had a baby ass smooth wake. Awesome for slalom skiing.

I love wake surfing but too many of these guys have no ****ing common sense or courtesy. They’ll run right by 3-4 boats rafted up together throwing up those 3 foot wakes and not think a damn thing about it.

Reactions: AM64

I'll have to admit I'm not a wake boat guy. Never got into wake boarding, but a big wake is fun for knee boards and tunes. I typically skied behind an 18 foot bowrider when I was a kid. Now when I go out, I tool around in a 24 foot bowrider and find any excuse I can to get avoid getting on a ski. If I were smart I'd just get a pontoon, but I like to go fast.

Reactions: hog88
I love wake surfing but too many of these guys have no ****ing common sense or courtesy. They’ll run right by 3-4 boats rafted up together throwing up those 3 foot wakes and not think a damn thing about it.
Exactly. People need to stay the hell away from each other on the lake unless you’re gonna raft off. Don’t come in on me when I’m fishing on your damn jet ski, run about, or ski boat. And if you bring your damn wake boat in on me I’m gonna bounce a half ounce weight off your damn hull and dare your ass to do anything about it.

I'll have to admit I'm not a wake boat guy. Never got into wake boarding, but a big wake is fun for knee boards and tunes. I typically skied behind an 18 foot bowrider when I was a kid. Now when I go out, I tool around in a 24 foot bowrider and find any excuse I can to get avoid getting on a ski. If I were smart I'd just get a pontoon, but I like to go fast.
What do you call “fast”

The problem i ran into when I was on the water a lot were fishermen who'd try to fish the edge of channel and shake their fists at anybody running at speed in the channel.

Exactly. People need to stay the hell away from each other on the lake unless you’re gonna raft off. Don’t come in on me when I’m fishing on your damn jet ski, run about, or ski boat. And if you bring your damn wake boat in on me I’m gonna bounce a half ounce weight off your damn hull and dare your ass to do anything about it.

If I saw you out fishing I’d give you a side slide.... :)

Reactions: clarksvol00
The problem i ran into when I was on the water a lot were fishermen who'd try to fish the edge of channel and shake their fists at anybody running at speed in the channel.

Yeah I try to give guys fishing as much room as I can but if your in or on the edge of the main channel you get what you get.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
Slower than your boat and faster than a pontoon boat.

Edit: 20 years ago I had access to a 1200 cc jet ski that even you might call fast.
I wasn’t being catty. 40 mph feels “fast” to most people on water. Especially in the bow of a bow rider. There is a sensation of speed. I think 40 mph is fast in that condition.

My boat is stupid fast. It’s just what it is. I rarely go at that speed though. Today turning 4k rpms it took me over an hour to burn off around 7 gallons. That’s usable and I was going 45-50 mph. That’s plenty fast for most conditions.

When I turn the knob to 11 I eat 20 gallons in around an hour. And it’s terrifying. It’s just dumb but also satisfying in a terrifying way 🤷‍♂️

That cuts both ways. We all have use rights. If I’m putting myself in a main channel and I see you try to stay off me as best you can all you’ll get is a wave. And stay on plane. Please for the love of God don’t come off plane!

Reactions: clarksvol00
Is there a kill switch activated if you get tossed out?
Indeed there is. Required by law even. Also if you’re in my death trap and we’re north of 30 mph we are both wearing honest life vests capable of saving your life if need be. Which I provide if you don’t bring your own. And there are only two people in the boat at those speeds I only have suitable seating for two people

Reactions: McDad
That cuts both ways. We all have use rights. If I’m putting myself in a main channel and I see you try to stay off me as best you can all you’ll get is a wave. And stay on plane. Please for the love of God don’t come off plane!

I can agree with that. My last gripe is guys that float or troll to within 20 feet or so of a dock, then decide to drop the hammer and take off right in front of the dock. Idle or troll out.

Reactions: NorthDallas40

VN Store

Back