Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I wondered about something in regards to the Suez Canal thing.

10% of the works shipping goes through there and ships have done nothing but get larger over the last century.

I wonder why they never tried to expand that one lane area? You might figure there is a need for it and there's probably investors willing to pony up the cash for it.

Non political talk here.

Reactions: AM64

10% of the works shipping goes through there and ships have done nothing but get larger over the last century.

I wonder why they never tried to expand that one lane area? You might figure there is a need for it and there's probably investors willing to pony up the cash for it.

Non political talk here.
Suez is a one way canal? I've never considered it before.

Not all of it, but certain sections.

I know they have traffic that can move both ways, but you might figure they'd have a bit larger of an area to move around obstacles and whatnot
I think it's just the engineering. Still a massive project.

And people dont want to spend money on "upkeep".

I think it's just the engineering. Still a massive project.

And people dont want to spend money on "upkeep".

Not like they're using that desert for anything else lol

I was reading that the expected annual revenue was in the area of $12+ billion once they got all the "improvements" made, effectively doubling the annual intake.

Anytime something comes with an eleven figure annual intake, you'd think folks would want to increase that even more.

I was reading that the expected annual revenue was in the area of $12+ billion once they got all the "improvements" made, effectively doubling the annual intake.

Anytime something comes with an eleven figure annual intake, you'd think folks would want to increase that even more.
You are talking a twelve or thirteen figure investment, maybe even 14.

tenor.gif

The last expansion did not result in the expected economic gains. Now I have no idea if they chose where to expand wisely or enough. But that would explain why the public is in no big hurry to expand it again.

Egypt Expanded the Suez Canal. It Wasn’t Enough.

Non political talk here.

I've been reading about the canal online a little since seeing this story. This is kind of interesting:

The Time 14 Cargo Ships Were Trapped in the Suez Canal ... for Eight Years

It is so tiresome and frankly not entertaining. UT is losing alot of support that they took for granted.
I used to be a season ticket holder and watched every game that came on TV. I really don't care if they win or lose anymore, they have lost me as a fan.

I used to be a season ticket holder and watched every game that came on TV. I really don't care if they win or lose anymore, they have lost me as a fan.

I wonder if college football will even be around in 10 years. Maybe we are getting our withdrawl symptoms over early

It is so tiresome and frankly not entertaining. UT is losing alot of support that they took for granted.

Truth! Unfortunately, I believe we're in for a few more seasons of beatdowns from our 3 main rivals. If I have to see Kentucky give UT another beat down, my Saturday morning breakfast will begin with multiple shots of Irish whiskey to prepare myself.

Truth! Unfortunately, I believe we're in for a few more seasons of beatdowns from our 3 main rivals. If I have to see Kentucky give UT another beat down, my Saturday morning breakfast will begin with multiple shots of Irish whiskey to prepare myself.

Rookie!

Reactions: AM64 and ETV

VN Store

Back