Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Nice vacation down to New Orleans. It's a perfect time to go. Great weather and just a few visitors. It's almost like a different city during the week compared to the weekend. McMom did a little gambling and won a few hundred. Went back to a few of our favorite places: Desi Vega, Creole House, Willie Mae Scotch House, and Ruby Slipper. Creole House serves a dessert called Pecan Cobbler and it. is. outstanding.
Tried a couple of new places we really liked. Lucy's Retired Surfers Bar and Restaurant. Very laid back beach vibe. Almost like a dive bar. More of a locals spot and not touristy. Very reasonable prices and simple, amazing food. I love finding places like that. The other is called Ye Olde College Inn. I didn't go to this one due to a quick trip to Houston but the family thought this place was fantastic. Already talking about going again next time we get down there.

We tried Tujague's which was recommended by another poster. Went on Easter Sunday and they had a special Easter lunch. I would have liked to experience it during normal service. The waiter and the food was off. Maybe we just got them on a bad day. Easter is very cool in New Orleans. Some folks dressed to the nines in their new duds. Some in playful Easter themed hats. Jackson square was busy with many people just taking in the sunshine relaxing in the grass.

Only got hit up for money by a vagrant one time. Lots of homeless still around though. Maybe I need to invest in some new clothes. Oh, and one other thing. There is so much weed smoked in the city. We smelled more wacky tobacky than I ever remember in the past. I guess the cops don't care about rec usage anymore. Fine by me...I'd rather have people stoned than drunk.

Glad you had a good time; it's a fun place. That's too bad about Tujague's; it may just not be what it used to be. We haven't been in years, and they've moved during that time - could be other changes as well.

Reactions: McDad
image0.png

Nice vacation down to New Orleans. It's a perfect time to go. Great weather and just a few visitors. It's almost like a different city during the week compared to the weekend. McMom did a little gambling and won a few hundred. Went back to a few of our favorite places: Desi Vega, Creole House, Willie Mae Scotch House, and Ruby Slipper. Creole House serves a dessert called Pecan Cobbler and it. is. outstanding.
Tried a couple of new places we really liked. Lucy's Retired Surfers Bar and Restaurant. Very laid back beach vibe. Almost like a dive bar. More of a locals spot and not touristy. Very reasonable prices and simple, amazing food. I love finding places like that. The other is called Ye Olde College Inn. I didn't go to this one due to a quick trip to Houston but the family thought this place was fantastic. Already talking about going again next time we get down there.

We tried Tujague's which was recommended by another poster. Went on Easter Sunday and they had a special Easter lunch. I would have liked to experience it during normal service. The waiter and the food was off. Maybe we just got them on a bad day. Easter is very cool in New Orleans. Some folks dressed to the nines in their new duds. Some in playful Easter themed hats. Jackson square was busy with many people just taking in the sunshine relaxing in the grass.

Only got hit up for money by a vagrant one time. Lots of homeless still around though. Maybe I need to invest in some new clothes. Oh, and one other thing. There is so much weed smoked in the city. We smelled more wacky tobacky than I ever remember in the past. I guess the cops don't care about rec usage anymore. Fine by me...I'd rather have people stoned than drunk.
Did you go to Tropic Isle and get a hand grenade?

Still recommend I get the second dose, but wait until my symptoms subside.

Really glad you are doing better. It hit my wife hard in Aug, but with no shortness of breath, so we stayed away from the hospital. She's a nurse, and shortness of breath was her criteria; if it had been much worse, I would have taken her anyway. I'm in the minority here I think, but that certainly set the tone for me about masks and other preventive measures.

My wife said when she woke up the next day after the second shot it was like having covid all over again, but it pretty much went away in a day, so when you are ready for a refresher course ... I didn't really feel sick after my second round - just not quite with it and apparently some vertigo - fell out of the bathtub while drying after my shower. Weird experience - no dizziness - just realized the floor was coming up to meet me and then my feet slipped out from under me.

Reactions: Weezer

VN Store

Back