Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Tied at 6th right now. He broke his putter on the 16th hole I believe.

I heard that interesting press confernce by the Chairman yesterday about proofing Augusta against this long ball onslaught "sooner rather than later". Even spoke about an Augusta ball as a last resort. Better yet, just take the driver out of the bag...maybe.

Reactions: hog88
I heard that interesting press confernce by the Chairman yesterday about proofing Augusta against this long ball onslaght "sooner rather than later". Even spoke about an Augusta ball as a last resort. Better yet, just take the driver out of the bag...maybe.

Shorten the course and add more blind greens and dog legs.

I heard that interesting press confernce by the Chairman yesterday about proofing Augusta against this long ball onslaught "sooner rather than later". Even spoke about an Augusta ball as a last resort. Better yet, just take the driver out of the bag...maybe.

The ego of the committee at Augusta is harmful to the game IMO. Leave the course alone. Play the tournament and let the scores fall where they may.

Reactions: StarRaider
Shorten the course and add more blind greens and dog legs.

They need punitive fairway and greenside bunkers like The Open. I doubt they would ever go long rough.
I got a penny buried in the turf on 11 from like 1994. Keep waiting for a shot spark. Juvenile.

The ego of the committee at Augusta is harmful to the game IMO. Leave the course alone. Play the tournament and let the scores fall where they may.

Well...not sure how Bryson did today, but just another "Tiger proof" comment. Cant be a master test by the boys if someone shoots -20.

Well...not sure how Bryson did today, but just another "Tiger proof" comment. Cant be a master test by the boys if someone shoots -20.

If someone shoots a -20, then someone else must shoot a -21 to win...that is the essence of the game. Get the member’s egos out of it.

If someone shoots a -20, then someone else must shoot a -21 to win...that is the essence of the game. Get the member’s egos out of it.

Because they consider the beloved Course to be the competition as much as the field. If The Masters champion starts shooting scores so much lower than the US Open and Open, and even PGA, then people will say the couse is obsolete. I personally like a US Open -5 type score. The failure and ability to overcome is more intriguing to me than throwing darts.

Reactions: hog88
They need punitive fairway and greenside bunkers like The Open. I doubt they would ever go long rough.
I got a penny buried in the turf on 11 from like 1994. Keep waiting for a shot spark. Juvenile.

The greens at Augusta are brutal. You’re not going to win there without your short game being near peak. Some of those greens put a putt putt course to shame.

That said, a lot of holes give the long ball a distinct advantage. Instead of special balls I’d prefer they redesign some of the tee locations and fairways to force a more strategic game plan. Option B would leave as is. Plenty of winners who don’t hit a huge tee ball.

Reactions: Orangeburst

I get what you are saying. I was just looking at it as a common occurance, Augusta still and will always have teeth with those greens.

The greens at Augusta are brutal. You’re not going to win there without your short game being near peak. Some of those greens put a putt putt course to shame.

That said, a lot of holes give the long ball a distinct advantage. Instead of special balls I’d prefer they redesign some of the tee locations and fairways to force a more strategic game plan. Option B would leave as is. Plenty of winners who don’t hit a huge tee ball.

I almost simultanousely agreed. Just a reaction from the boys about Bryson as much as Tiger. At least Tiger won

I get what you are saying. I was just looking at it as a common occurance, Augusta still and will always have teeth with those greens.

Exactly!
They can raise the rough and other things rather than changing the course because of a small handful of long hitters.
Look what the world #1, one of the longest players in the game, is doing today. He might not make the cut.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Nice vacation down to New Orleans. It's a perfect time to go. Great weather and just a few visitors. It's almost like a different city during the week compared to the weekend. McMom did a little gambling and won a few hundred. Went back to a few of our favorite places: Desi Vega, Creole House, Willie Mae Scotch House, and Ruby Slipper. Creole House serves a dessert called Pecan Cobbler and it. is. outstanding.
Tried a couple of new places we really liked. Lucy's Retired Surfers Bar and Restaurant. Very laid back beach vibe. Almost like a dive bar. More of a locals spot and not touristy. Very reasonable prices and simple, amazing food. I love finding places like that. The other is called Ye Olde College Inn. I didn't go to this one due to a quick trip to Houston but the family thought this place was fantastic. Already talking about going again next time we get down there.

We tried Tujague's which was recommended by another poster. Went on Easter Sunday and they had a special Easter lunch. I would have liked to experience it during normal service. The waiter and the food was off. Maybe we just got them on a bad day. Easter is very cool in New Orleans. Some folks dressed to the nines in their new duds. Some in playful Easter themed hats. Jackson square was busy with many people just taking in the sunshine relaxing in the grass.

Only got hit up for money by a vagrant one time. Lots of homeless still around though. Maybe I need to invest in some new clothes. Oh, and one other thing. There is so much weed smoked in the city. We smelled more wacky tobacky than I ever remember in the past. I guess the cops don't care about rec usage anymore. Fine by me...I'd rather have people stoned than drunk.

VN Store

Back