Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Anyone remember classic movies you watched in grade school growing up?

I turned on the television this morning and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory was on.

What other movies do you remember watching in grade school?

Gone With the Wind (Colquitt Rocking Chair Theatre in Moultrie, Georgia)
Peter Pan
Song of the South
Shenandoah
Undefeated

Mom and Dad would take us with them to the drive-in. Sister would fall asleep, but I'd sneak up and watch. So movies that were probably a touch mature for me:

The Wild Bunch
Bonnie & Clyde
Valley of the Dolls
Planet of the Apes (Charleton Heston)

I remember taking a field trip to see "Oliver Twist" as a play in elementary school. Lived in Charleston, SC, at the time. We took the best field trips there. Patriots Point, Battery Park, Calhoun Mansion, that play....Never understood why we didn't go to Fort Sumter? Maybe that was later grades? Was only there through third grade, then Dad changed duty stations. Still, awesome field trips.

Reactions: SumSoonerChick
So, my principal asked me to come up with ideas for an elective to teach my students who are behind in credits... We already have a class called History through Film... so, this is what my students are doing this afternoon... Yes, I’m lazy and it’s springtime for juvenile delinquents... View attachment 363226

4962ea5e1ae37949c12c3c1fca5d17fd.jpg

So, my principal asked me to come up with ideas for an elective to teach my students who are behind in credits... We already have a class called History through Film... so, this is what my students are doing this afternoon... Yes, I’m lazy and it’s springtime for juvenile delinquents... View attachment 363226

You should put in the Director's Cut of "Dances with Wolves."

There's 4.5 hours gone.

VN Store

Back