Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

boys, and girl, I am ready to riot. Local Zaxbys didn't have any sweet tea. how do you not have any in the south? Send someone to the store for some lipton and sugar for chrisake.
The Guthrie's up here is notorious for not having chicken tenders. That's the only thing they sell. Just, like, make more. How hard is this?

The Guthrie's up here is notorious for not having chicken tenders. That's the only thing they sell. Just, like, make more. How hard is this?

Of the wall... but does anybody remember the name of the chicken tender restaurant that was on or near the Strip 20-25 years ago? Maybe around 17th. Its been a minute since I was knoxville, so I have no idea if it's still there.

boys, and girl, I am ready to riot. Local Zaxbys didn't have any sweet tea. how do you not have any in the south? Send someone to the store for some lipton and sugar for chrisake.
I once visited an Arby's that was out of roast beef.

Reactions: AM64
That's the one. Further down the rabbit hole... There was a bar off of 17th behind Ruby Tuesday/Blockbuster/Copper Cellar/Thred's and I can't remember the name. Any ideas on that one?

You’re probably thinking of the Carousel.

Just joking, I remember a place there at around 17th and White. A lot of outdoor seating. Always a good game day vibe. I cannot remember the name of it.

Reactions: clarksvol00
Of the wall... but does anybody remember the name of the chicken tender restaurant that was on or near the Strip 20-25 years ago? Maybe around 17th. Its been a minute since I was knoxville, so I have no idea if it's still there.
I see I was bested. That bar was a bunch of different things, I think it was the Crow's Nest when I started there and turned into a gay bar some time after that.

You’re probably thinking of the Carousel.

Just joking, I remember a place there at around 17th and White. A lot of outdoor seating. Always a good game day vibe. I cannot remember the name of it.
I'm thinking the bar im thinking about was on the alley between white and cumberland right off 17th. Google map says there's a giant apartment complex there now.

Carousel was further towards downtown. I know this because it was next door to Vic and Bill's, which served cheeseburgers with a fried egg on top before that was a thing.

Reactions: DC_Vol
I'm thinking the bar im thinking about was on the alley between white and cumberland right off 17th. Google map says there's a giant apartment complex there now.

Carousel was further towards downtown. I know this because it was next door to Vic and Bill's, which served cheeseburgers with a fried egg on top before that was a thing.

Being at Vic and Bill’s at the Carousel’s closing time was always good entertainment. I want to say they shut the doors and ran everyone out at 3am.

Don’t remember an alley spot back there. I logged a lot of hours at the Cellar though.

Wow, you guys are a lot younger than me. Anybody remember the T Room just slightly east from 17th and Cumberland, the G&H as I recall was on the corner of 17th and Cumberland NW corner, and Sam and Andy's was just down a couple of doors - almost directly across from the Krystal? If you're really old, you might remember the Pump Room on the SW corner of 17th and Cumberland - it burned; I remember hearing the bottles breaking from the heat. There used to be a Huddle House another few blocks west on Cumberland. I remember a lot of late night runs to the Krystal for chili and Krystals, The food truck that used to drive up in front of Hess and Melrose had great hoagies. And Neyland was still a dorm at the time.

Wow, you guys are a lot younger than me. Anybody remember the T Room just slightly east from 17th and Cumberland, the G&H as I recall was on the corner of 17th and Cumberland NW corner, and Sam and Andy's was just down a couple of doors - almost directly across from the Krystal? If you're really old, you might remember the Pump Room on the SW corner of 17th and Cumberland - it burned; I remember hearing the bottles breaking from the heat. There used to be a Huddle House another few blocks west on Cumberland. I remember a lot of late night runs to the Krystal for chili and Krystals, The food truck that used to drive up in front of Hess and Melrose had great hoagies. And Neyland was still a dorm at the time.
I thought Sam and Andys was on the same side of the street as Krystal. I seem to remember it, but it may have closed while I was in Knoxville. Definitely no Huddle when I was there. I disavowed Knoxville and UT when I learned the Krystal on the Strip closed. A crime against the universe.

Reactions: DC_Vol
I thought Sam and Andys was on the same side of the street as Krystal. I seem to remember it, but it may have closed while I was in Knoxville. Definitely no Huddle when I was there. I disavowed Knoxville and UT when I learned the Krystal on the Strip closed. A crime against the universe.

Sam and Andy’s was on the same side of strip as Krystal. Agree about Krystal.

Sam and Andy's did relocate to the same side of the street as the Krystal at some point, but it was almost across from the Krystal when I quit school in the spring of 1967. I came back in '72; but since I was married, I didn't see much of the Strip in those days.

Sam and Andy's did relocate to the same side of the street as the Krystal at some point, but it was almost across from the Krystal when I quit school in the spring of 1967. I came back in '72; but since I was married, I didn't see much of the Strip in those days.
I want to say Sam and Andy's was a sandwich place? Not positive, but they may have torn it down and replaced it with a Buffalo Wild Wings while I was there. I love chicken wings, but if Sam and Andy's was a steamed sandwich place like Gus's, absolute travesty to see it go.

I want to say Sam and Andy's was a sandwich place? Not positive, but they may have torn it down and replaced it with a Buffalo Wild Wings while I was there. I love chicken wings, but if Sam and Andy's was a steamed sandwich place like Gus's, absolute travesty to see it go.

In the 60s they had a full line of stuff. I remember steaks, spaghetti, pizza, and pretty sure sandwiches. I've looked online for old pictures of Cumberland without any luck. Some day (if I still remember) I'll look in some old Beacons and football programs I have stashed away in a footlocker.

Sam and Andy's was right beside a laundromat. It's where the Moe's is now.

RIP Mark Twain, who died on this date in 1910, of a heart attack, at the age of 74. He came in with Halley's Comet, he went out with Halley's Comet.

Also RIP Baron Manfred von Richthofen, better known as "The Red Baron" shot down and killed on this date in 1918. He was the "ace of aces" of WWI, not to mention the mortal enemy of Snoopy.

And finally, RIP Prince, who died on this date in 2016, at the age of 57.

Seems like someone needs some chocolate or something.

I think I have a box of fudge around here somewhere...
🙄
No, what I needed was the D! When my hubby finally got off work from his boring, lame job, he was able to give it to me and pound me back to my senses... sex endorphins are amazing...
PS I got the new job I was going to come by and tell you about... but you’re too busy...

🙄
No, what I needed was the D! When my hubby finally got off work from his boring, lame job, he was able to give it to me and pound me back to my senses... sex endorphins are amazing...
PS I got the new job I was going to come by and tell you about... but you’re too busy...

Good for you .... both of those sound like a win win.

🙄

Depending on the time today, I'll be less busy.

VN Store

Back