Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Well now I wanna get to 7-5 just to see that.

tenor.gif

Reactions: AM64
Rhetorical, I know. But, yes.

So this is probably a really bad analogy - due to skill levels if nothing else - every player on the team has a lot of talent and experience and I was a miserable newbie but ... When I was struggling with bagpipe lessons, my instructor would tell me slow down and master the fingering - bagpipes are all about embellishments anywhere from one to about six rapid notes before the next real note - his comment was "speed kills" - not original but good.

So you have an entire team some who have played together and several who haven't, an entirely new staff, questionable skills and depth at key defensive positions, and a coach dedicated to a rapid tempo offense. What could possibly go wrong? I get the concept that offense is somewhat a choreographed series of movements with the thought that by going fast the opponent doesn't have time to adjust to what's going to happen - he will if you don't diversify. If you diversify with a lot of moving pieces while trying to work too rapidly, turnovers and other bad things happen a lot. That means a defense that just played has to go back in without rest and without rotation, and that's when the worse stuff happens. Not scoring is one issue, but allowing the other guy to score easily on a tired defense is a really big issue. It will be interesting - maybe it will work - maybe it won't.

It is truly a sad day when we are discussing if we win only 6 or 7 games.
But I will be there to cheer and cuss them every home game.
GBO!!

Reactions: McDad
We have become so used to not winning the games we’re supposed to win and snagging one or two that could go either way. If we do that we’re 7-5. If we don’t go 7-5 then CJH isn’t the one and we know that in year one and are just biding our time waiting on the final implosion as we have done for the last decade.

So this is probably a really bad analogy - due to skill levels if nothing else - every player on the team has a lot of talent and experience and I was a miserable newbie but ... When I was struggling with bagpipe lessons, my instructor would tell me slow down and master the fingering - bagpipes are all about embellishments anywhere from one to about six rapid notes before the next real note - his comment was "speed kills" - not original but good.

So you have an entire team some who have played together and several who haven't, an entirely new staff, questionable skills and depth at key defensive positions, and a coach dedicated to a rapid tempo offense. What could possibly go wrong? I get the concept that offense is somewhat a choreographed series of movements with the thought that by going fast the opponent doesn't have time to adjust to what's going to happen - he will if you don't diversify. If you diversify with a lot of moving pieces while trying to work too rapidly, turnovers and other bad things happen a lot. That means a defense that just played has to go back in without rest and without rotation, and that's when the worse stuff happens. Not scoring is one issue, but allowing the other guy to score easily on a tired defense is a really big issue. It will be interesting - maybe it will work - maybe it won't.
You play the bagpipes?

VN Store

Back