Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

My wife has bought both for the Keurig. They were definitely better than most other brands she bought, but honestly, Keurigs just aren't the way to make and evaluate coffee.
The only way to evaluate coffee is to make it like most Americans do. I use a Bunn drip coffee maker and put 4 scoops of Columbian coffee in the basket. Works for me, but you girly men that like the foo foo coffee can carry on.

Reactions: Zues1
The only way to evaluate coffee is to make it like most Americans do. I use a Bunn drip coffee maker and put 4 scoops of Columbian coffee in the basket. Works for me, but you girly men that like the foo foo coffee can carry on.

I fell back to a French press because I only drink a cup at a time. That and an electric kettle just seem simpler overall. Besides I'm either frugal or cheap, and Keurig pods don't seem very economical - and I prefer coffee you can't see through.

Reactions: hog88
I fell back to a French press because I only drink a cup at a time. That and an electric kettle just seem simpler overall. Besides I'm either frugal or cheap, and Keurig pods don't seem very economical - and I prefer coffee you can't see through.

I like my coffee like I like my women, strong black and bitter.

Reactions: AM64
I like my coffee like I like my women, strong black and bitter.

?

My wife has bought both for the Keurig. They were definitely better than most other brands she bought, but honestly, Keurigs just aren't the way to make and evaluate coffee.

I have bought coffee from Sam's, aldi, walmart, and Kroger and all tastes the same in a Keurig.

Its quick and easy but that's it.

I like mccaffe and aldi's donut shop the best but wouldn't wanna bet my life on a blind tast test..

I've pretty much settled in on Community brand coffee - the dark roast. I like coffee strong in flavor - not over caffeinated. My favorite was coffee on a Brazilian airline (Varig) ... had to keep asking for refills because they serve it in those ridiculously tiny cups. There's a particular coffee flavor I love and run across every few thousand cups of coffee - the last time was at an IHOP in Chattanooga; I have no idea what makes it just right and I have no way to describe it. My impression is that somewhere there's a chef who makes coffee he likes with the secret ingredient if he's having a cup and others get lucky enough to drink it on occasion. He obviously moves around - and probably died or retired at least ten years ago.
I love dark Colombian roast as long as it’s not burnt, it becomes acidic at that point. I tend to favor a stronger coffee with plenty of caffeine ( I call it nurse coffee ) If you go into Afib, it’s probably too strong...just sayin.

I have bought coffee from Sam's, aldi, walmart, and Kroger and all tastes the same in a Keurig.

I like mccaffe and aldi's donut shop the best but wouldn't wanna bet my life on a blind tast test..

The Keurig serves its purpose. I don't typically start drinking coffee til I get to to work and then I may drink a whole pot or more, but my wife has one cup in the morning and one in the afternoon and its super convenient for her. Ill add that her coffee is some kind of caramel vanilla creme brulee mocha abomination that should never exist anyway, especially in quantities as large as an entire pot.

The only thing I can really pick up from a Keurig is that some coffees come out weak, some come out bitter, and like you say anything beyond that tends to be about the same

Reactions: NEO
I love dark Colombian roast as long as it’s not burnt, it becomes acidic at that point. I tend to favor a stronger coffee with plenty of caffeine ( I call it nurse coffee ) If you go into Afib, it’s probably too strong...just sayin.

Been there done that - definitely didn't enjoy AFib. A couple of months ago my doc (not the cardiologist) and I were discussing things, and that came up. After a few hours in AFib, I converted; but the cardiologist had diagnosed AFib, and I was headed for the hospital. He agreed to cancel and put me on digoxin. My doc was surprised I'd taken digoxin and said virtually nobody proscribes that these days. I said what do they do. He said stick them in the hospital until they can do a pacemaker. It seems pretty unreasonable to me not to try to convert a patient right away.

I've pretty much settled in on Community brand coffee - the dark roast. I like coffee strong in flavor - not over caffeinated. My favorite was coffee on a Brazilian airline (Varig) ... had to keep asking for refills because they serve it in those ridiculously tiny cups. There's a particular coffee flavor I love and run across every few thousand cups of coffee - the last time was at an IHOP in Chattanooga; I have no idea what makes it just right and I have no way to describe it. My impression is that somewhere there's a chef who makes coffee he likes with the secret ingredient if he's having a cup and others get lucky enough to drink it on occasion. He obviously moves around - and probably died or retired at least ten years ago.

Coffee is always better from the diners where they use freshly ground beans and coffeemakers with the flavor burnt in since the 1980s. Im not joking

Best beans are from Colombia or Guatemala, Brazil is up there though. Don't mess around with the beans from Indonesia/South Pacific area, ironically as they literally grow in "java"

Reactions: NEO and AM64

VN Store

Back