Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I will criticize him as well. But based in reality. Something we call "constructive criticism". Not like the babies in the FF who throw a tantrum our 3-7 team doesnt score a TD against Bama on every drive. Or you who sets unrealistic goals.
lmao Nothing is unrealistic about 7-5. Expecting to lose is just being negative, Nancy.

And you're basing what they do this year on what they did last year, year one of Kiffin, with an Ole Miss team that absolutely had less talent than we did. Coaching matters. Do we have good coaches? I certainly hope so.
I hope so too. Hope isnt logic, though.

We all see in a few months. Regardless we're saddled with him for at least 3 years.

You have us winning 4 SEC games against teams we are at best equally talented to.
Wrong. I have us beating 4 SEC teams that we are more talented than. The only real argument of the 4 is Kentucky, and I refuse, just based on my Tennessee Pride, to acknowledge KY football with any kind of legitimacy. We will beat them.

Are cupboards are not barren. That's a myth created by Vol fans choosing to be miserable.
Then I ask again. Who would get decent playing time at a team that would pull off 7-5 next year?

Cade Mays, Alontae, V. Jones, Hyatt(?)

RB will be decent.
WR should be decent.
Qb is a giant question mark.
TE is a ghost town.
OL has pieces and some experience but bad play.

DL is experienced but no stats or stars.
LB is a ghost town.
CB is alontae and then nobody.
S should be decent, but no stars.

Put together our talent and tell me how its makes you confident of a winning season?

Reactions: AM64 and BisonVol
lmao Nothing is unrealistic about 7-5. Expecting to lose is just being negative, Nancy.
Not at all. This is what I meant by all or nothing.

I told you I expect improvement, just not to the tune of us more than doubling our win total. In your eyes because I am not AS positive as you I am "negative". That's a crap, lazy take you pulled straight from the FF idiots.

Wrong. I have us beating 4 SEC teams that we are more talented than. The only real argument of the 4 is Kentucky, and I refuse, just based on my Tennessee Pride, to acknowledge KY football with any kind of legitimacy. We will beat them.
And as I pointed out, us being "more talented" means squat.

Then I ask again. Who would get decent playing time at a team that would pull off 7-5 next year?

Cade Mays, Alontae, V. Jones, Hyatt(?)

RB will be decent.
WR should be decent.
Qb is a giant question mark.
TE is a ghost town.
OL has pieces and some experience but bad play.

DL is experienced but no stats or stars.
LB is a ghost town.
CB is alontae and then nobody.
S should be decent, but no stars.

Put together our talent and tell me how its makes you confident of a winning season?
On a team that could pull of 7-5? Take a look at our roster and you'll find plenty. Not to cop out, but more than I can name. A 7-5 team is not loaded with Trey Smiths, or Cade Mays, or all-star players. You're thinking of programs like Bama and Georgia. A 7-5 team is full of grinders who get out there and get it done. We have plenty of those players on our roster IF this staff can get it out of them. I expect them to get it out of them. Our biggest obstacle is LB. We need to address that position. And we don't have depth which is why I emphasized the need to stay healthy early on. But we have talented players that can grind it out. They're on the roster. It's up to coaching to put them in the position to win. Our last staff could not do that. The purpose of hiring a new staff is to fix that, so we should expect them to do that. What we expect and what happens may very well be different, but we should expect it.

Not at all. This is what I meant by all or nothing.

I told you I expect improvement, just not to the tune of us more than doubling our win total. In your eyes because I am not AS positive as you I am "negative". That's a crap, lazy take you pulled straight from the FF idiots.
Please. I stay out of the FF. I don't subject myself to that lunacy.

Reactions: AM64
On a team that could pull of 7-5? Take a look at our roster and you'll find plenty. Not to cop out, but more than I can name. A 7-5 team is not loaded with Trey Smiths, or Cade Mays, or all-star players. You're thinking of programs like Bama and Georgia. A 7-5 team is full of grinders who get out there and get it done. We have plenty of those players on our roster IF this staff can get it out of them. I expect them to get it out of them. Our biggest obstacle is LB. We need to address that position. And we don't have depth which is why I emphasized the need to stay healthy early on. But we have talented players that can grind it out. They're on the roster. It's up to coaching to put them in the position to win. Our last staff could not do that. The purpose of hiring a new staff is to fix that, so we should expect them to do that. What we expect and what happens may very well be different, but we should expect it.
I dont think 7-5 is the metric to use to determine if the coaches figured anything out or if they are good or not. I will say if we get to 7-5, or better, I will be on the train. But when we dont hit that mark I wont be 90% of this board saying they knew he wouldnt work out after blowing smoke for 8 months.

I think we have to get lucky or master the new system early to achieve 7+

When was the last time the O was mastered? Forever. Even Dobbs was an improvisor iirc.
We are due an 1985 surprise year hopefully some point while I am still kicking.

Speaking of which another week of working my behind off. I need to retire. Got a spare mil?

Rhetorical, I know. But, yes.

notyrod.0.gif

Reactions: McDad
I'll take this one over the other one at the reins.

Man...we are going far too long for this crap. This NCAA crap ihanging over our head ineeds to be resolved asap. The freakin investigation cloud probably hurts more than the actaul penalties. They know it. An inept bureaucracy in itself. That Will Wade and NC BB stuff was final straw for me.

Reactions: ETV
We get to 7-5, or better, this year, and I'll be in here shakin' my nuts in your faces saying "I told you so!"

VN Store

Back