Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Yellow jackets are wasps.

Fair, but technically so are hornets. And I don't like messing with those ****ers either. But generally speaking, hornets tend to leave you be as long as you're nowhere near the nest.

Yellow jackets on the other hand are dicks whenever you're on the same planet and are way faster than ordinary wasps.

Evil little bastards gang up on you and can sting more than once. About a dozen years or so ago I was mowing and clipped one of the railroad ties that I used for landscaping with my mower deck, they were on me in an instant, never seen so many. I had on sunglasses but I still shielded my eyes, ran over a small stump, almost ran through the dog fence before I could get off and run and roll on the ground, them wearing me out the whole time. Come to find out they had built an enormous underground nest under my ties, biggest I’d ever seen. When it was all said and done they got me with 37 stings that we could count, from head to toe. I took 6 Tylenol and 4 Benadryl, slept for 18 hours. When I got up I took 2 gallons of gas, 1 gallon of kerosene and 2 rolls of Bounty paper towels to them. A bit of the backyard burned for over half an hour and the initial fireball was probably 25 feet high or higher, yard looked like hell for the rest of the season. I know it was overkill, but I was a bit pissed. Little bastards!

There was a nest of them in my back 40 I discovered by running over it with the lawnmower a few years back. Luckily, I only got stung once but could see the swarm behind me.

Luckily I found both entrances after dark and had some old 50:1 gas mix I needed to get rid of. Plugged the exit and liberally shoved in cedar branches I'd cut earlier in the season before giving it a half gallon and watching the show.

I think one would hope that is staged, but in today’s world could be authentic theft.
Gonna be pissed when they open that box and it’s 1 tube of cheap lipstick. Or a pack of shoe strings.

My wife shops online all the time. I’ve opened many small boxes that have less than $2 worth of merchandise in them.

So it looks like I have to make a financial advisor change. I’m looking at Edward Jones as they always get high marks on customer service. But that obviously comes at a price their fees are among the highest in the business. Anybody used them or got an informed opinion on them? I’m looking for somebody to just handle it and make the investment choices.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
So it looks like I have to make a financial advisor change. I’m looking at Edward Jones as they always get high marks on customer service. But that obviously comes at a price their fees are among the highest in the business. Anybody used them or got an informed opinion on them? I’m looking for somebody to just handle it and make the investment choices.

HFP is taking on select new clients.

who are you leaving?

I don't have any connections to Edward Jones but have one to another...

who are you leaving?

I don't have any connections to Edward Jones but have one to another...
I’m with Goldman Sachs PFM right now. They are selling the division along with a couple of others to get out of the down market push they started about 5 years ago. Sadly I don’t have $10M or so to invest so they aren’t interested in me.

That sale prompted an exodus out of the local GSPFM office where my advisor is and included my advisor. I will likely still give her some of my business at the new firm she is founding with two colleagues but I’d rather diversify. A buddy uses EJ and is very pleased with his advisor there. I have a meeting scheduled with him. But they are not cheap from my research thus my question

my old tax preparer at the gas station in Buford..let me dig his number up.

I’ve always been pleased with my service from Vanguard and their fees aren’t astronomical. To each their own, but in my personal experience I feel completely comfortable recommending them.

I’ve always been pleased with my service from Vanguard and their fees aren’t astronomical. To each their own, but in my personal experience I feel completely comfortable recommending them.
Thanks. Vanguard is on my radar also as is fidelity. Fidelity is currently the custodian of all my money I just use third party to make the investment decisions.

Thanks. Vanguard is on my radar also as is fidelity. Fidelity is currently the custodian of all my money I just use third party to make the investment decisions.

I was with Fidelity before my time with Vanguard, and I am much much better off with Vanguard. Not even close. Just my experience.

Good to know. Thanks.

No problem, hope whoever you go with serves you well. It’s a tough climate to navigate right now, you can make some money with the right advice and a little luck, and likewise you can lose your ass in a big way. I’ve been bouncing back and forth lately. Good luck!

VN Store

Back