Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Today I told the wife I was going to look at trucks, and when I'd be ready to go so she could come along. She's been encouraging me, but I want her opinion ... so I don't hear her running down my choice for the next however many years. I've been following this track for about three weeks and decided I'd go alone if it came to that ... and it did.

Anyway it was a letdown. There were a couple I'd buy, but they weren't what I'd consider a top choice by any means. One was gray and the other a deep blue ... white, black, and pastels are out. The red which is a coppery color was not bad on a Bronco, but I'd have to actually see it on a Maverick before going that way. I was unimpressed with the sales guy; he was reasonably knowledgeable, but left a lot to be desired. To his advantage he wasn't pushy or flashy. He did also look to see what AWD Mavericks would be coming in and I got pictures of the window stickers. He also was upfront and told me they added a $2K upcharge over the window sticker, and I told him that would be a deal breaker, so after one of the trips to see the sales manager he said they could maybe knock that down to $500 ... and then went on with there is no profit margin on the Maverick ... how they basically just break even on them. I didn't go to the "I'm 77 and have bought a few cars, a few houses, and several appliances, and you are really going there?" Oh yeah, I was the only non employee in the salesroom the entire time.

Worst part. They don't believe that you can plug a thumb drive with music into the audio system. I'm not subscribing to satellite radio, and sure not listening to what's on the radio. That might be an even bigger deal breaker.

Today I told the wife I was going to look at trucks, and when I'd be ready to go so she could come along. She's been encouraging me, but I want her opinion ... so I don't hear her running down my choice for the next however many years. I've been following this track for about three weeks and decided I'd go alone if it came to that ... and it did.

Anyway it was a letdown. There were a couple I'd buy, but they weren't what I'd consider a top choice by any means. One was gray and the other a deep blue ... white, black, and pastels are out. The red which is a coppery color was not bad on a Bronco, but I'd have to actually see it on a Maverick before going that way. I was unimpressed with the sales guy; he was reasonably knowledgeable, but left a lot to be desired. To his advantage he wasn't pushy or flashy. He did also look to see what AWD Mavericks would be coming in and I got pictures of the window stickers. He also was upfront and told me they added a $2K upcharge over the window sticker, and I told him that would be a deal breaker, so after one of the trips to see the sales manager he said they could maybe knock that down to $500 ... and then went on with there is no profit margin on the Maverick ... how they basically just break even on them. I didn't go to the "I'm 77 and have bought a few cars, a few houses, and several appliances, and you are really going there?" Oh yeah, I was the only non employee in the salesroom the entire time.

Worst part. They don't believe that you can plug a thumb drive with music into the audio system. I'm not subscribing to satellite radio, and sure not listening to what's on the radio. That might be an even bigger deal breaker.
spending any time with a car salesman 🤮

Saw an @ from Hog today. Which led to a few posters in a discussion about me.

I wasn't banned. I just need some time away to do some thinking and reboot my mind. Really haven't even watched games this season except the first 2. I check in occasionally in the OT thread to keep tabs on my homies.

Thank you for asking about me. Means a lot. I have felt unappreciated at work and home. Deciding what I want to do in response to those feelings is sobering. I am considering resigning from my career. Probably more than anyone wanted to know but I wanted to give context.

Y'all be nice to each other. I'll be back with bad puns and frivolity as soon as it feels right.

I wasn't banned. I just need some time away to do some thinking and reboot my mind. Really haven't even watched games this season except the first 2. I check in occasionally in the OT thread to keep tabs on my homies.

Thank you for asking about me. Means a lot. I have felt unappreciated at work and home. Deciding what I want to do in response to those feelings is sobering. I am considering resigning from my career. Probably more than anyone wanted to know but I wanted to give context.

Y'all be nice to each other. I'll be back with bad puns and frivolity as soon as it feels right.
Good to hear from you buddy.

I was about to text you...

Chin up. Here’s to better days ahead mcdaddio

Gotta do what ya gotta do, just be careful not to let a mid-life doldrum lead you to decisions you can't take back. Best of luck to ya McDandra.

VN Store

Back