Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Dont get me wrong...Sloppy Joe showed up for the 2nd half to make sure he turned the ball over for the 3rd game ina row. We absolutely crapped the bed in the 2nd half. I never thought this season or this week even that we would win this game until we dominated the 1st half.... but only calling 1 penalty for 5 yards on bama is insane.

We are still on track for the 9-3/8-4 season rational folks thought we would have in a bridge year. As in a bridge between 2 QBs smart enough to run this offense. Sloppy Joe just doesnt have it...just incapable of making reads and throwing the ball away when needed. All the talent in the world but just does not have it between the ears.

Reactions: LouderVol and AM64
Dont get me wrong...Sloppy Joe showed up for the 2nd half to make sure he turned the ball over for the 3rd game ina row. We absolutely crapped the bed in the 2nd half. I never thought this season or this week even that we would win this game until we dominated the 1st half.... but only calling 1 penalty for 5 yards on bama is insane.

We are still on track for the 9-3/8-4 season rational folks thought we would have in a bridge year. As in a bridge between 2 QBs smart enough to run this offense. Sloppy Joe just doesnt have it...just incapable of making reads and throwing the ball away when needed. All the talent in the world but just does not have it between the ears.
Milton is an athletic freak equipped with the mind of an untrainable three year old.

Love the kid. Not a fan of watching him run our offense.

I know you don't generally lose games by the way officials call a game, but this one felt a lot like it. I little touch of jersey and Bama gets a PI call. White gets taken to the ground and nothing. Seems like there was a lot of that. I really thought the two 4th down attempts in TN territory were bad choices, too. Maybe I'm old enough to remember the field position game and not appreciate that kind of gamble. Milton was playing really well the first half, and then seemed to forget what he had to do the second half. It's not all on him either. Seems like Bama either figured it all out, or the second half defense wasn't what we saw the first half. Almost felt like the light came on for Hadden and went off for the rest of the defense about the same time Hadden went out. Shame, too, after looking like a goat early on, he was showing some real promise. Ross started the season on the shaky side, but he is turning out to be a real punter.

Milton is an athletic freak equipped with the mind of an untrainable three year old.

Love the kid. Not a fan of watching him run our offense.

I've always thought that Milton looks like a big kid on the sideline - like what's happening isn't really serious to him. I can't figure out how to take that; like whether he can't buckle down or he doesn't let things on the field get to him, but it's disturbing to watch - especially when the game isn't going well.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I just learned that a sec ref makes at most $2,500 a game. So they make at $30,000 a year. Probably a bonus for bowl games and sec championship games. Make it a real full time job. Hold them accountable and get interest from competent people. Instead we get people who are paid like they are part time Applebees servers

He reminds me of me when I played NCAA 14.

Jimmy Crawdad had all the throwing power and accuracy any man could hope for but he couldn't check downs worth a sh*t.

Well today sucked. Well the day didn't suck but the game sure did, the officiating was atrocious NFW Bama went all game without a hold and our play calling was just plain predicable.

Well today sucked. Well the day didn't suck but the game sure did, the officiating was atrocious NFW Bama went all game without a hold and our play calling was just plain predicable.

I don't know why the ground game had to disappear in the second half. It was a very vanilla playbook.

I would have been stunned if we had won though.still think we can go 9-3. Mizzou and Kentucky are gonna be tough though. I'm prepared to go 6-5.

I don't know why the ground game had to disappear in the second half. It was a very vanilla playbook.

I would have been stunned if we had won though.still think we can go 9-3. Mizzou and Kentucky are gonna be tough though. I'm prepared to go 6-5.

We should have won that game today, we had them down, we should have been up 21-0 and IMO that would have demoralized them. But with a combination of bad Milton and bad play calling we had to settle for FGs.

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know if the officials for the Bama-TX game were SEC or other?

Over the last 2-3 decades has any SEC team played a compete game penalty free? I ask because the one flag Bama did get was a completely terrible call so they must have played a perfect game.

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know if the officials for the Bama-TX game were SEC or other?

No way Texas signed up to play Bama with SEC refs. They were either Big10 ACC or Pac12.

No way in hell they beat bama at home wirh these godless SEC crews either. No way.

Edit: after this year it wont matter though. Texas and Oklahoma will get the same bullcrap we got last night.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231022-120723_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231022-120723_Chrome.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 4
I cant stand the Negas in the FF either. Could a better gameplan AROUND our low IQ QB have been called in theory? Probably. But these clowns calling for Coaches jobs and saying he is a bum and will never win at UT are just plain stupid. This guy inherited a depleted roster dumpster fire and has us beating at home and competing on the road with our top 10 rivals in years 2 and 3 of a serious rebuild. Its enough of a miracle for Catholic Sainthood what he did last year. The improvement on defense this season has been clear to see as well...and we KNOW he can produce a high scoring offense when he has the players to do so. I am still 100% behind this Coach and will continue to be regardless of what happens this season.

The AD better be on the phone though and submitting edited video of how we got absolutely robbed by those officials yesterday though. Once bama realized the refs were not gonna let them lose, they held on every play at the offensive line and on our receivers. Seriously. Almost every play. Look at the chokehold on Pearce. Egregious. Makes me sick. BOTH PLAYERS in that pic above are being held.

Reactions: AM64
Over the last 2-3 decades has any SEC team played a compete game penalty free? I ask because the one flag Bama did get was a completely terrible call so they must have played a perfect game.

Yes. The 1 penalty that WAS called bailed bama out because their QB was not ready for the snap and the ball hit the ground outside his right foot. It was at a minimum gonna be a drive killing sack....if not a turnover. Our guys were coming but the Oline sans the center had not moved. Complete crap. Again.

Props to the reporter who asked Coach in the press conference "how do you feel about the SEC refs making your team play 2 hand touch while the other team played Mortal Kombat?"

Coach should have raised hell about it then and there. Take the fine. He can afford it and UT fans would probably crowdfund paying him back the money. Yesterday was egregious. The FSU vs BC game where BC got 18 penalties called on them so FSU could win by 2 points this season was the same bullcrap. These conferences protecting their highest ranked teams is ridiculous.

Reactions: AM64

Yeah. I was expecting 9-3. We are still on track for that. I am sure the FF is thinking we dont win another game. But this should have been expected.

Yes. The 1 penalty that WAS called bailed bama out because their QB was not ready for the snap and the ball hit the ground outside his right foot. It was at a minimum gonna be a drive killing sack....if not a turnover. Our guys were coming but the Oline sans the center had not moved. Complete crap. Again.

Props to the reporter who asked Coach in the press conference "how do you feel about the SEC refs making your team play 2 hand touch while the other team played Mortal Kombat?"

Coach should have raised hell about it then and there. Take the fine. He can afford it and UT fans would probably crowdfund paying him back the money. Yesterday was egregious. The FSU vs BC game where BC got 18 penalties called on them so FSU could win by 2 points this season was the same bullcrap. These conferences protecting their highest ranked teams is ridiculous.
Definitely agree they threw the flag on Bama to avoid a bigger negative play by our defense.

Yeah. I was expecting 9-3. We are still on track for that. I am sure the FF is thinking we dont win another game. But this should have been expected.

I fully anticipated a loss yesterday, so the L wasn't surprising. What was surprising was how it happened, and how the first half went. I still agree for the most part that penalties or lack of don't generally change most games, but sometimes the "right" calls do flip scores or save or kill drives, and we saw those yesterday. We got away with at least one potential facemask and what looked like a tackle out of bounds (never can tell with camera angles and zoom lens). A blow glancing off a helmet instead of hitting the ball is a "meh"; helmets are there for a reason; race drivers generally (and most football players ... maybe) are intelligent enough to know not to punch a guy wearing a helmet. Seems like the most important halftime locker room adjustment may have been the one in the official's locker room; makes you wonder who gave the motivational speech in there.

VN Store

Back