Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

2nd best center in NBA for most of his career, only Shaq was better. ,(Novitzki, Duncan etc played the 4, not 5) Good old ATL is the "downlow" capital of the South from what a melanin rich friend of mine told me anyway. Dwight was super jacked when he played man. Its hard to look like a bodybuilder when you have the long arms of a man thats 6ft10 or 6ft11in...yet this dude was jacked up with guns and bowling ball shoulders. Would never ever have thought he was gay lmao

Pretty much same. Been working construction since 1993, same company since 2010 and dont tell folks about it either. I generally do not like humans though in general. Sometimes I really don't specifically like specific people either. Try not to talk to folks if I can help it. Dogs are awesome though. You guys aren't half bad either. Lol. GO VOLS

Makes sense. Hogs are kinda like porky dogs, and most of us relate pretty well to hog, sooo ...

Finally got the wife over to look at the truck today, and bought it. Wondering when concurrence will turn into something like "I still don't know why ...".

So she forgot her phone and realized it not far from home; I said wasn't a problem and we'd go back. Nope keep going. That lead to a snag or two, but nothing major. The she decided she did want to eat on the way home after all. So I told her I'd drive the truck around and follow her - turn right out of the dealer and then turn into the mall at the light and loop around - basically no chance of a left out of the dealer. First she turns to drive out of the dealer lot into the mall (wives don't listen). She figured out that wasn't working so went back to the front and turned right - except somebody got between us, and by the time I was out, she disappeared ... without a phone. I happened to hear her mention Outback in the showroom to one of the guys - no sign of Outback, so looked it up on my phone and figured that out. Fortunately that's where she went. That's life with my wife - total chaos.

I got a wife story from last weekend.

Wife is building this thing with an old door, a shelf, some wooden post she found, etc. I have no clue what she’s going for but whatever makes her happy. She calls me to the garage for “muscle”. She wants me to hammer some nails for her. But the day before, I gave her my drill to use. So I asked “Why aren’t you using the drill?” She said the screws she got wouldn’t work. I didn’t think much of it. After a few minutes she says “Well let me try the drill again. Maybe they will work”. She grabs the drill. Grabs the screws. Goes to work. Nothing! Screw isn’t going anywhere.

I said “Baby. The drill is in reverse. Push this little button here and try again”. The look on her face was priceless 😂

I got a wife story from last weekend.

Wife is building this thing with an old door, a shelf, some wooden post she found, etc. I have no clue what she’s going for but whatever makes her happy. She calls me to the garage for “muscle”. She wants me to hammer some nails for her. But the day before, I gave her my drill to use. So I asked “Why aren’t you using the drill?” She said the screws she got wouldn’t work. I didn’t think much of it. After a few minutes she says “Well let me try the drill again. Maybe they will work”. She grabs the drill. Grabs the screws. Goes to work. Nothing! Screw isn’t going anywhere.

I said “Baby. The drill is in reverse. Push this little button here and try again”. The look on her face was priceless 😂

One of my favorites is shelves can go anywhere on a wall - don't need the studs behind the sheetrock.

Today is the wife's birthday, so for I don't remember how many years in a row I've ordered a very expensive flower arrangement, and paid extra to have it delivered so she can be surprised. Last night she told me she would be attending a nursing conference downtown for the next two days. I think she's actually managed to be here for a flower delivery one time in several years, yet most days she is normally home.

Heres the lateset on that cheating UM crap....wonder if they shared our signals with Soukerlina after they taped them during the Kentucky game? They scored 9TDs on 9 posessions against us...

Heres the lateset on that cheating UM crap....wonder if they shared our signals with Soukerlina after they taped them during the Kentucky game? They scored 9TDs on 9 posessions against us...

Yes they shared them with USCjr, they shared Clemsons also.

That is so Tennessee luck.

Yes they shared them with USCjr, they shared Clemsons also.

Yeah...they had a crap defense but shut our #1 NCAA 46ppg offense down in the 1st half also...as well as 9TDs on 9 possessions offensively. We were favored by 24 points IIRC??

Michigan has won 33 out of thr last 36 games ....they are about to forfeit all last season and this season when all is said and done. They SHOULD be ineligible for the playoffs this year IMO.

Btw...Michigan has 1/2 of a championship since 1947. Half. Harbaugh gonna get fired over this.

@kiddiedoc

Check this out. I cannot recommend this site enough with so many good lessons. After 40 plus years, I am finally learning my 7 Chord arpeggios for soling. Got the patterns down so now gotta figure how to play all in one position. Ain’t gonna bother with that half and full diminished stuff

Reactions: NorthDallas40
You keep your Subaru?

Definitely. The wife first wanted me to get rid of it if I got the truck. Not happening. The interesting thing is I noticed while out today in the car is that the car has more road noise and is a harsher ride, but it's meant to have great handling with compromises on the rest. So the truck is actually quieter and the ride is smoother, but the handling isn't even close. The car is like it's on rails. The first time I started the truck to drive away from the dealership, I thought at first it didn't start. While I was looking around to see if I did something wrong, I moved my foot on the accelerator and noticed the tach respond - and I did have my hearing aids in. I've been looking through the manual; the stuff you can program to work in different ways is incredible - not sure how I feel about all that.

Reactions: Orangeburst
That is so Tennessee luck.

I read a comment someplace that said if there is a football controversy that TN will somehow find a way to be involved. One article I read said the whole point in stealing TN signals was to help another team get a win that would knock us out of the NC picture. I honestly don't think that cost the win at SC because that was a defensive failure, but you never know - might have done better on offense to cover the defense. Apparently TCU did know and called the play and then sent false signals the team ignored.

I agree with Saban on one thing - just go with helmet communications and be done with visual signals from the sidelines. I'd even go another step and make the headphones noise cancelling to minimize crowd noise - I've got mixed feelings about crowd noise and using it as a weapon even though we are one of the best in that category.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Yeah...they had a crap defense but shut our #1 NCAA 46ppg offense down in the 1st half also...as well as 9TDs on 9 possessions offensively. We were favored by 24 points IIRC??

Michigan has won 33 out of thr last 36 games ....they are about to forfeit all last season and this season when all is said and done. They SHOULD be ineligible for the playoffs this year IMO.

Btw...Michigan has 1/2 of a championship since 1947. Half. Harbaugh gonna get fired over this.

MI and hairball will probably find a way to avoid what should happen, but it would be fun to see them get hammered. Seems like they got off fairly light on the Covid recruiting visit issues.

VN Store

Back