Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

A big shout out to Josh Dobbs! Not one practice under his belt nor one snap from his center with his new team the Vikings and he comes in and gets a W. Well done my man, well done.

What he did was amazing man seriously. 2 passing TDs. 60+ yards rushing and rushing TD...comeback win having never even taken a snap in 5 days in MN...the O.C. was telling Dobbs what routes the WR were gonna run as Dobbs called plays in the huddle because he literally had never ran a single play yet with the team. Being the smartest QB in the NFL got him a win. They better make an NFL film or a 30 for 30 about this...wow.

Edit: if you can watch that video of Dobbs on dudes shoulders in the locker room and not smile from ear to ear somethings wrong with ya! Dobbs is such a great dude. Comes back to UT all the time now to be with the team as well.

Sounds like ZZ is playing tonight. Obviously put in a lot of work to get back so fast. I love the guy so much.

My favorite too...we have a legit FINAL 4 team this year. We were missing a great shooting 20points per game dude...and got him. Knecht is amazing . So excited about the BasketVOLS

Reactions: AM64 and gcbvol
Need a reason to smile?

The gators are 5-4 with 3 games remaining versus:

Georgia
LSU
FSU

They will be underdogs in all 3 games and probably finish 5-7 and not even get bowl eligible for the 2nd year in a row. Nobody does less with more than their coach.

They will upset FSU though maybe. FSU is way, way overrated and will get blown out in the playoffs if they beat the gators IMO. I watched FSU against lowly BC and Duke this season...and both teams actually beat FSU but the refs cheated like crazy to make sure FSU makes the playoffs. Mostly bc no ACC has made the playoffs in the last 2 seasons . Its criminal like the SEC.

Either way though the gators suck balls and will not win more games than they lose again this year. 6-6 is an unlikely hard ceiling for them. I hate them like nothing else.

Last edited:
Knecht is legit

Knecht (connect) had 17 points and 3 boards in only 25mins. Shot better than 50% (6-11) despite shooting below his career average from 3pt (2-6 from deep) because TT played zone the whole game. Had zero turnovers.

Once again Gainey scored plenty also (15 i think?) Despite ZZ and Vescovi being back. He looks like he can give us 10-15pts a game too. Barnes teams at UT have always lacked shooting/scoring when we lose...which isnt often, but enough to keep us from the Final4. ...but its never, ever a defense problem. This team just might have enough offense to really do something man. Even JJJ has been shooting the ball well the past 2 games and scoring. He had 3 consecutive 3s tonight. This just might be a very special season.

Need a reason to smile?

Georgia
LSU
FSU

They will be underdogs in all 3 games and probably finish 5-7 and not even get bowl eligible for the 2nd year in a row. Nobody does less with more than their coach.

They will upset FSU though maybe. FSU is way, way overrated and will get blown out in the playoffs if they beat the gators IMO. I watched FSU against lowly BC and Duke this season...and both teams actually beat FSU but the refs cheated like crazy to make sure FSU makes the playoffs. Mostly bc no ACC has made the playoffs in the last 2 seasons . Its criminal like the SEC.

Either way though the gators suck balls and will not win more games than they lose again this year. 6-6 is an unlikely hard ceiling for them. I hate them like nothing else.

This does not make me smile considering we lost...

Need a reason to smile?

Georgia
LSU
FSU

their 24 schedule is ABSOLUTELY brutal.
Miami
Samford
UCF
Georgia (Neutral)
@FSU
Kentucky
LSU
Ole Miss
TAMU
@MSU
@UT
@TU

11 P5 games. They trade SCAR for MSU, but lose Vandy to either TAMU or Ole Miss.

They may be staring down 3 straight years of no bowl games.

their 24 schedule is ABSOLUTELY brutal.
Miami
Samford
UCF
Georgia (Neutral)
@FSU
Kentucky
LSU
Ole Miss
TAMU
@MSU
@UT
@TU

11 P5 games. They trade SCAR for MSU, but lose Vandy to either TAMU or Ole Miss.

They may be staring down 3 straight years of no bowl games.
But they need to have faith and stick with Sunbelt Billy! He will lead them to the promised land he needs to be there a very long time!

But they need to have faith and stick with Sunbelt Billy! He will lead them to the promised land he needs to be there a very long time!
until we started the trend of Mertz looking good, it also looked like they were going to have to go into 2024 with a true freshman starter. Not sure if Mertz comes back, but he is a good qb.

Need a reason to smile?

Georgia
LSU
FSU

Honestly that makes me feel worse considering UT lost to them.

We have a knack for making their third string WR look good playing QB 🤷‍♂️

It really is insane with them. We manage to lose with a better team consistently...across many different coaches and totally unrelated teams and players. In inexplicable ways whose only common thread is defeat. Still thinking CJH is the antidote though...but this year is a gutpunch loss in direct opposition to that belief. If we lose to them again next season very late (very much doubt this happens) my belief in Coach will surely decline. They have (or had anyway) an absolute MONSTER class for 24 that is actually rated higher than ours...despite the fact that the 24 class for UT is top 6 in the country and 3rd in the country by % of bluechips at 75%. Thats how loaded their class is or at least was at the beginning of the season. It seems still that they are always gonna have at least as talented of a roster as we have...we just have to find a way to outcoach and outplay them. Damn i hate them. There is nothing on Earth i hate more than them. Nothing.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back