Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

It really is insane with them. We manage to lose with a better team consistently...across many different coaches and totally unrelated teams and players. In inexplicable ways whose only common thread is defeat. Still thinking CJH is the antidote though...but this year is a gutpunch loss in direct opposition to that belief. If we lose to them again next season very late (very much doubt this happens) my belief in Coach will surely decline. They have (or had anyway) an absolute MONSTER class for 24 that is actually rated higher than ours...despite the fact that the 24 class for UT is top 6 in the country and 3rd in the country by % of bluechips at 75%. Thats how loaded their class is or at least was at the beginning of the season. It seems still that they are always gonna have at least as talented of a roster as we have...we just have to find a way to outcoach and outplay them. Damn i hate them. There is nothing on Earth i hate more than them. Nothing.
I am looking at their '24 class like that historic TAMU class. Won't matter one bit if it doesn't get coaching.

So had my third golf lesson today. All focus on driver. The club fitter wanted to play also as my driver shaft flex was making his skin crawl. I use a Project X Hzrdus Smoke IM10 shaft in stiff flex with mid kick point. He put me in a Hzrdus Smoke Green RDX with extra stiff flex and low launch, spin, and kick point (not sure low kick but it was definitely low launch and spin). The club immediately felt less whippy. Still could load it up and feel it flex but just didn’t feel any whip. My club head speed went from 104-105 to consistently 109+ with just that change. The whole club just felt more under control. Oh it’s just money i guess there goes $300 on a new driver shaft.

I also have too much loft on my driver. Need a 7 or 8 and I’m playing with a 10.5. So I’ve got the Callaway green dot -2 hosel adapter in the mail.

Last edited:
So had my third golf lesson today. All focus on driver. The club fitter wanted to play also as my driver shaft flex was making his skin crawl. I use a Project X Hzrdus Smoke IM10 shaft in stiff flex with mid kick point. He put me in a Hzrdus Smoke Green RDX with extra stiff flex and low launch and kick point. The club immediately felt less whippy. Still could load it up and feel it flex but just didn’t feel any whip. My club head speed went from 104-105 to consistently 109+ with just that change. The whole club just felt more under control. Oh it’s just money i guess there goes $300 on a new driver shaft.

I also have too much loft on my driver. Need a 7 or 8 and I’m playing with a 10.5. So I’ve got the Callaway green dot -2 hosel adapter in the mail.

That's freeking awesome dude! Tell us more.

****..I hit my driver 350‘ and 7I 200’
If you’re not BSing you’re a bigger boy than me.

I’m used to generally being the longest hitter at the range. Not really that straight but it goes a long way. A couple of days ago I hear the younger guy behind me just pounding out long drives. I ask him what the range tracker said his carry was, 280? He said 330. I said is that total or carry? He said carry, showed me total was 370 😳. The dude could just crush the ball.

If you’re not BSing you’re a bigger boy than me.

I’m used to generally being the longest hitter at the range. Not really that straight but it goes a long way. A couple of days ago I hear the younger guy behind me just pounding out long drives. I ask him what the range tracker said his carry was, 280? He said 330. I said is that total or carry? He said carry, showed me total was 370 😳. The dude could just crush the ball.
I thought you were an engineer and pay attention to details. Go read it again Biff.

Probably depends a lot on who the zebras are playing with. I'm guessing because of playoff considerations that would be GA. Do they search for mustard, ketchup, and grenades at the gates?

I was amazed at the lack of security at TBA for the TOOL concert friday night . We had to casually walk thru metal detectors. That was it...wearing jackets and hoodies. I forgot to take off my 4in auto Kershaw plainly in my pocket too. The metal detector actually beeped when both myself and my buddy went thru but security didnt care lol.

We could have rolled in there with pretty much anything on earth and nobody would have known or cared. It was absolutely packed sellout crowd too. The show was absolutely amazing. Had a great time. Got a funny story about that too but i have already typed a couple or three 500 word essays in the Israel thread today and my thumbs have had enough lol. GO VOLS

VN Store

Back