Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Can't help myself - time to go full Marcus on you guys and get it out of the system. I was mulling over a couple of VN things at bedtime. First one came from the SR-71 - SU-27 video. My first thought was it couldn't happen because dates of service didn't overlap, but they did. That morphed into the thing with AI and the ease of revising and creating pictures and video. It's really a serious matter that needs to be faced because video proof/evidence is no longer necessarily proof or evidence of anything. AI is a scary concept if mismanaged, and all evidence is that it is and will continue to be mismanaged.

This really stems from a lack of adult supervision and complete abrogation of responsibility in leadership across the country. Because something can be done doesn't mean it should be done, and corporate and government leaders haven't demonstrated the adult level thought process necessary to balance the outcome and direction of risky decisions and technological opportunity. The ability to create diseases that never before existed in mankind for example.
I figure bad things are going to continue to happen, but eventually I'll be dead, so there's that to look forward to.

As to the CWS, one ticket left to be punched. Georgia and NC State play tonight to see who's the last one in. The field is guaranteed to consist of only SEC and ACC teams. Currently, 4 SEC teams and 3 ACC teams are in. So it could end up 5-3 in favor of the SEC or tied at 4.

FSU should be Tennessee's next opponent. Next round is double elimination.

As to the CWS, one ticket left to be punched. Georgia and NC State play tonight to see who's the last one in. The field is guaranteed to consist of only SEC and ACC teams. Currently, 4 SEC teams and 3 ACC teams are in. So it could end up 5-3 in favor of the SEC or tied at 4.

FSU should be Tennessee's next opponent. Next round is double elimination.
Loser isn't out. Loser goes to the loser's bracket?

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I figure bad things are going to continue to happen, but eventually I'll be dead, so there's that to look forward to.

Yep. At this point the older crowd won't be around to see as much of the screw ups. On the other hand the ones perpetrating it won't have to hear our "I told you so".

Probably pretty much what every generation has said ... except the current excuse for music really does suck.

no reseeding at any level in the regionals, supers, or CWS.

CWS - There are basically two 4-team double elimination tournaments (1-8-4-5 seeds and 2-7-3-6 seeds) with the winners of the two mini tourneys play each other in a best of three championship series. Teams do not cross bracket when they drop to the 0-1 aka losers bracket.

If Oregon St beats kensucky then OSU is in the 2 seed line of the bracket. If Evansville beats the BaseVols, they end up in the 1 seed line.

This is from last year's CWS.... BaseVols were a 2 seed in a Regional (clemson National seed 4) so they ended up in the 4 seed line.

View attachment 646764

This is the post. It doesnt have losers brackets though i guess because there arent any losers yet. Weird format but i understand why...upsets happen to easily in baseball when its 1 game and you're gone.

Reactions: AM64 and McDad
My bad then McDad. Somebody posted the bracket here and I misunderstood it then. I thought it was double elimination until the last 2 teams who play a best of 3 series (which is still just a race to 2 wins so not sure how thats different?) Thanks Hog
You're allowed one mistake per year. You burned yours. So perfection from now until Dec 31 is required.

VN Store

Back