Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

The way I believe it goes, if I remember correctly, there are two four-team pods. So our pod, I believe is Tennessee, FSU, CA, and UNC.

So:

Game 1 - Tennessee vs FSU
Game 2 -VA vs NC
Game 3 - Game 1 winner vs Game 2 winner
Game 4 - Game 1 loser vs Game 2 loser (loser of this game eliminated)
Game 5 - Game 3 loser vs. Game 4 winner (loser of this game eliminated)
Game 6 - Game 3 Winner vs. Game 5 Winner (If Game 5 Winner loses, they're eliminated. If they win, they force a Game 7 in which the winner advances to face the winner of the second pod.

Right now, the second pod should be TAMU, KY, FL, and then the winner of tonight's UGA/NC State game.

Anyway, that's my understanding, but there's a chance I'm completely wrong.

NCAA baseball is apparently this season dominated by the SEC and the ACC. I haven’t kept up with the previous stats on this, but I can’t ever remember the series having participants from just two conferences. Anybody done the research on this?

NCAA baseball is apparently this season dominated by the SEC and the ACC. I haven’t kept up with the previous stats on this, but I can’t ever remember the series having participants from just two conferences. Anybody done the research on this?

Yep but I can't share it with you.

Same.
It's got to be unique. I've always considered baseball the most egalitarian main sport. Would think the championship historically has representation from all conferences

Ok, I trust you.

As far as I know it hasn't since the field was expanded, so 30 some years it's been more than 2 conferences represented. Don't tell anyone.
If this was a trivia game, I would have failed miserably.
Would have never guessed.

Reactions: AM64
Same.
It's got to be unique. I've always considered baseball the most egalitarian main sport. Would think the championship historically has representation from all conferences

I remember the days when it was well represented if not dominated by the then PAC 10 and Southwest Conferences with a sprinkling of the Witchita States, Miamis and Florida States of the world.

BS I was just on the phone being confersated by the wife.

There is bound to be several years age difference between our wives, so that would mean they weren't baked from the same batch of cookie dough and the recipe was around for years ... and worse, might still be in use. Do you ever wonder how many more of them might be out there, and are more being created as we speak?

There is bound to be several years age difference between our wives, so that would mean they weren't baked from the same batch of cookie dough and the recipe was around for years ... and worse, might still be in use. Do you ever wonder how many more of them might be out there, and are more being created as we speak?

No, I really don't want to know.

VN Store

Back