Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I’ve wished that a time or two, but it all usually evens out in the end and even if it doesn’t, if the company is good people, then it’s all good anyway.

Yeah, but you are saying golfers are good people. That might be up for debate (proving most golfers are good people), but we already know that anybody who follows a little ball around for hours so they can smack it again is warped.

Yeah, but you are saying golfers are good people. That might be up for debate (proving most golfers are good people), but we already know that anybody who follows a little ball around for hours so they can smack it again is warped.

I’ve never once in my life claimed to be not “warped”,my friends that I play with however I can vouch for as sane and damn good peoples.

@Orangeburst

There was a plane other than the SR-71 that I saw for the first time while stationed on Okinawa ... I was reading a book that reminded me. A couple of other guys and I rented a house not far from MCAS Futenma, and one day I was walking in and heard something that sounded like a scene from a WW2 movie. I looked up and saw an entire squadron of twin-boomed planes flying over. First thought was WTH did somebody get P-38s. It turned out to be OV-10s probably the ones the Marines pulled out of Vietnam. I got a closer look later on the Futenma flightline; it was a neat little plane that maybe should have been improved with larger engines and kept in use longer.

OV-10 Bronco Was the Right Weapon for Vietnam | Defense Media Network

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Uh...maybe it's just me.... but I think you got your acronym and explanation a little confused

Yeah, kinda sounds more like BOAT, but it's still funny. Never knew how much my dad spent on golfing equipment, and worst of all it was worthless to the rest of us because the clubs were backards ... he was a lefty.

Yeah, kinda sounds more like BOAT, but it's still funny. Never knew how much my dad spent on golfing equipment, and worst of all it was worthless to the rest of us because the clubs were backards ... he was a lefty.

I went through the serious golfing and fishing phases and thankfully they both passed without bankruptcy.

@Orangeburst

There was a plane other than the SR-71 that I saw for the first time while stationed on Okinawa ... I was reading a book that reminded me. A couple of other guys and I rented a house not far from MCAS Futenma, and one day I was walking in and heard something that sounded like a scene from a WW2 movie. I looked up and saw an entire squadron of twin-boomed planes flying over. First thought was WTH did somebody get P-38s. It turned out to be OV-10s probably the ones the Marines pulled out of Vietnam. I got a closer look later on the Futenma flightline; it was a neat little plane that maybe should have been improved with larger engines and kept in use longer.

OV-10 Bronco Was the Right Weapon for Vietnam | Defense Media Network
The pilots loved them. They had lots of horsepower and were highly maneuverable. A real pilots plane just like the A-10

@hog88

Keep your wife healthy since she's a lot like mine. Mine is on a steroid which is improving things somewhat ... today she came downstairs on her own which I have banned and she ignored. Some of the med side effects are like hot flashes on steroids, temper issues, insomnia, and food craving. Slice should avert his eyes for the next part. At about 9:30 she said it was time to turn the TV off (she hasn't been to sleep before 2 in recent history), so I foolishly suggested one more episode. At 10 she popped the "Do we have the makings for a BLT?" "No" wasn't an answer; so at 10:15, I was frying bacon. When I brought the sandwich in, she said "Just one?" Last night at 1 AM it was a request (the polite word) for two apples and a grapefruit. I've been controlling the food intake, and so far, she's staying between 130 and 135 at doctor visits.

Tomorrow it's off to the other house for a couple of days to check on things, replace a motor start capacitor in the AC, and set up a new dehumidifier. At least everything there is downstairs.

@hog88

Keep your wife healthy since she's a lot like mine. Mine is on a steroid which is improving things somewhat ... today she came downstairs on her own which I have banned and she ignored. Some of the med side effects are like hot flashes on steroids, temper issues, insomnia, and food craving. Slice should avert his eyes for the next part. At about 9:30 she said it was time to turn the TV off (she hasn't been to sleep before 2 in recent history), so I foolishly suggested one more episode. At 10 she popped the "Do we have the makings for a BLT?" "No" wasn't an answer; so at 10:15, I was frying bacon. When I brought the sandwich in, she said "Just one?" Last night at 1 AM it was a request (the polite word) for two apples and a grapefruit. I've been controlling the food intake, and so far, she's staying between 130 and 135 at doctor visits.

Tomorrow it's off to the other house for a couple of days to check on things, replace a motor start capacitor in the AC, and set up a new dehumidifier. At least everything there is downstairs.

You are a good man, plain and simple.

Had wafflehouse for breakfast.
Those breakfast bowls are bangin folks. Why not just take all the stuff i was gonna order anyway and throw it in a handy bowl with a lid? Double hashbrowns, 2 eggs scrambled, 2 pieces of cheese and bacon/sausage/steak?

You had me at "Hello".
All for less than $10.

I am off work today crackas. Bout to go take a long nap. You retired fellas got it made.

Waff
Had wafflehouse for breakfast.
Those breakfast bowls are bangin folks. Why not just take all the stuff i was gonna order anyway and throw it in a handy bowl with a lid? Double hashbrowns, 2 eggs scrambled, 2 pieces of cheese and bacon/sausage/steak?

You had me at "Hello".
All for less than $10.

I am off work today crackas. Bout to go take a long nap. You retired fellas got it made.
Waffle House? Whose ass did you kick? Fingers crossed it was @hog88 for telling me I was wrong when I was in fact correct.

Reactions: AM64 and McDad

VN Store

Back