Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Can't help myself - time to go full Marcus on you guys and get it out of the system. I was mulling over a couple of VN things at bedtime. First one came from the SR-71 - SU-27 video. My first thought was it couldn't happen because dates of service didn't overlap, but they did. That morphed into the thing with AI and the ease of revising and creating pictures and video. It's really a serious matter that needs to be faced because video proof/evidence is no longer necessarily proof or evidence of anything. AI is a scary concept if mismanaged, and all evidence is that it is and will continue to be mismanaged.

This really stems from a lack of adult supervision and complete abrogation of responsibility in leadership across the country. Because something can be done doesn't mean it should be done, and corporate and government leaders haven't demonstrated the adult level thought process necessary to balance the outcome and direction of risky decisions and technological opportunity. The ability to create diseases that never before existed in mankind for example.

Can't help myself - time to go full Marcus on you guys and get it out of the system. I was mulling over a couple of VN things at bedtime. First one came from the SR-71 - SU-27 video. My first thought was it couldn't happen because dates of service didn't overlap, but they did. That morphed into the thing with AI and the ease of revising and creating pictures and video. It's really a serious matter that needs to be faced because video proof/evidence is no longer necessarily proof or evidence of anything. AI is a scary concept if mismanaged, and all evidence is that it is and will continue to be mismanaged.

This really stems from a lack of adult supervision and complete abrogation of responsibility in leadership across the country. Because something can be done doesn't mean it should be done, and corporate and government leaders haven't demonstrated the adult level thought process necessary to balance the outcome and direction of risky decisions and technological opportunity. The ability to create diseases that never before existed in mankind for example.
sure looks authentic..gonna be used for real nefarious purposes.

wait until quantum computing evolves..gonna be nasty with AI, encyyption breaking, etc.

Btw..sorry…I pulled a Turbie posting a fake.

Second issue: The collection of personal information and what happens to us when the gathering entity - government or business - loses containment. In many ways it's no different from NIL. NIL was initially about electronic game manufacturers basically stealing player identities and using them for profit in games. Hoarding and using your personal information for marketing and potentially other purposes is no different. NIL should have been all about privacy and rights to identity - not a money making scam. Had it gone the right way it could have easily protected all of us from the collection and use of our personal and financial information rather than a narrow interpretation that allows a very select and often extremely pampered group the opportunity to profit obscenely.

Again this is about the abrogation of adult supervision in leadership ... and the funky twists that the legal system takes. It comes down to the few who absolutely benefit at the cost of the rest. What we are missing is what a coworker used to call the "sanity check". While the rest of us were getting everything connected, organized, and set up for testing in nuclear plants, he played the coordinating role with the plant management and operations. The "sanity check" was his way of determining the state of affairs, but it also gave us all time to step back and take a hard look at anything missed or anything that didn't make sense. As Marcus and McDad have brought up, many times regulators and inspectors can be misguided because there is no real sanity check when policies are set in place and put in motion.

Btw..sorry…I pulled a Turbie posting a fake.

Not a problem at all. It just demonstrates how hard it is these days to separate fact and fiction and how people are benefitting from that. It's a lot like it's all fun until somebody is hurt by it. Imagine what can happen to surveillance videos used by the legal system. We're blazing into the future but without a thought to safeguards.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I'm still chuckling in my mind about hog getting left behind at the mall, too. If it had been my wife (and maybe his), there would probably have been a lecture about going off on my own and making her forget me and then having to waste time going back to get me.

Key difference is you won't post it again. We all get duped every now and then. He just keeps repeating the same bs fake like they are real.

He isnt the only one unfortunately. Guess they believed Hitler when he said "repeat the lies loud enough, and often enough, and the people will believe it." I refuse to submit to the delusions and subterfuge of the deceivers.

Reactions: AM64
I'm still chuckling in my mind about hog getting left behind at the mall, too. If it had been my wife (and maybe his), there would probably have been a lecture about going off on my own and making her forget me and then having to waste time going back to get me.

Yep, I got the it was my fault lecture.

So close to an amazing comeback. So very close. We need solid pitching tomorrow to send these clowns home.

He got a well deserved standing ovation after pitching 6 brilliant innings. 7HR in support helped a bit too. I never watch baseball other than highlights really but this years BaseVols have been wildly entertaining.

This guy wheels on yt has 15min videos that are well edited

VN Store

Back