Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

@BernardKingGOAT
Saw in another thread you like the Truckee, Calif and Olympic Valley. We are headed out there in Aug.

Any recommendations?
Anything outside😆 Seriously, great hikes all over the place. For food, almost everything in Truckee is great. In Tahoe City, try the Tap Haus. Of there are activities and good food/drink at the Olympic Village. I usually am there in winter months, so skiing is out. You will enjoy the weather as there really isn't any humidity. Probably will not want to come home

Anything outside😆 Seriously, great hikes all over the place. For food, almost everything in Truckee is great. In Tahoe City, try the Tap Haus. Of there are activities and good food/drink at the Olympic Village. I usually am there in winter months, so skiing is out. You will enjoy the weather as there really isn't any humidity. Probably will not want to come home
Thanks. Looking forward to hiking, beautiful weather and beautiful vistas.

If you think of anything else, please let me know.

Thanks. Looking forward to hiking, beautiful weather and beautiful vistas.

If you think of anything else, please let me know.
We're seriously considering moving out there within the next year. Not year round, but some winter months and summer months. Probably about 7 months/yr. Can't take this facking heat. We like being outdoors too much

We're seriously considering moving out there within the next year. Not year round, but some winter months and summer months. Probably about 7 months/yr. Can't take this facking heat. We like being outdoors too much
I've already told McRib I'm afraid I'm gonna fall in love with the place and want to live there FT or PT.

I've already told McRib I'm afraid I'm gonna fall in love with the place and want to live there FT or PT.
You know the culture in that part of California is nothing like the innards and surroundings of LA and SF. The weather is facking perfect. Snowy winters, excuse me, blizzardy winters at times but never bitterly cold. Amazing skiing. Summers are mild with no humidity and rather cool nights. It will be in the 40s early morning when you're out there

You know the culture in that part of California is nothing like the innards and surroundings of LA and SF. The weather is facking perfect. Snowy winters, excuse me, blizzardy winters at times but never bitterly cold. Amazing skiing. Summers are mild with no humidity and rather cool nights. It will be in the 40s early morning when you're out there
I cannot wait. I've been wanting to do this trip for a long time. And we've talked off and on over the years about going out there for skiing and other things. If it is close to what I imagine, I seriously would move out that way at least part-time if my family allowed it.

I cannot wait. I've been wanting to do this trip for a long time. And we've talked off and on over the years about going out there for skiing and other things. If it is close to what I imagine, I seriously would move out that way at least part-time if my family allowed it.

Move, nobody wants you around here anyway.

VN Store

Back