Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Never heard of it. Looked into it bc of your post. Looks like a great thing to do with my direct reports after our meeting this month. Thanks!
I was really impressed. There are multiple games to choose from, food was good, and the whole thing was reasonably priced.

Laphroaig Cairdeas, Benriach, Benromach 10.

Unfortunately the Campbelltown scotches are on the rarer side. Fortunately, since we're making a cocktail with it, you have some play.

For this one, any sherry cask expression from Islay, Campbelltown, or even Lowland should suffice.
I just got a bottle of Laphroaig. :) I just got to get the bitters and I'm in. Looking forward to it.

I'm at a place called kookoo's nest tonight about an hour away from my place in dumaguete. Man, this place is beautiful. If I wake up early enough I'll take pictures. Hope all you old bas.......people (ahem) enjoy burning up in Tennessee while, though hot in the Philippines, I get beautiful beaches and beautiful women.

I'm at a place called kookoo's nest tonight about an hour away from my place in dumaguete. Man, this place is beautiful. If I wake up early enough I'll take pictures. Hope all you old bas.......people (ahem) enjoy burning up in Tennessee while, though hot in the Philippines, I get beautiful beaches and beautiful women.

If I haven’t told you lately, I hate you.

Finally got a chance to work on the boat electronics now that I’m out of the full hand splint. The only piece I had left to install was the Mercury engine gateway. It turned out really cool here is my console display after I’ve got it modified on panel sizes and data setup. I’m pretty happy with it I’ve got all of the important info on top right at eye level and my nav map below that. That is a 12” diagonal display.

View attachment 655251
Did you set up a NMEA2K network?

Anyone ever been to a Flight Club?
It's sort of like Top Golf but for darts.
They are big in the UK and there are a few in the US. Went to the one in Atlanta today for my wife's birthday.
Great fun!
I thought the first rule of Flight Club is that you do not talk about Flight Club.

Did you set up a NMEA2K network?
Indeed I did. The Mercury gateway is a Smartcraft to N2K bridge and since Lowrance is a Navico brand with Navico and Brunswick being strategic partners the display it highly integrated into the HDS Live display. In fact the HDS polls it for updates just like a native Lowrance product. The Vesselview Link was the most expensive solution but it’s also the most highly integrated solution. There was another generic gateway that isn’t as functional.

The N2k has both HDS Live units, Vesselview Link, Point 1 GPS, and Motorguide trolling motor on it.

The Ethernet has both HDS units and the Active Target live imaging sonar on it

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Indeed I did. The Mercury gateway is a Smartcraft to N2K bridge and since Lowrance is a Navico brand with Navico and Brunswick being strategic partners the display it highly integrated into the HDS Live display. In fact the HDS polls it for updates just like a native Lowrance product. The Vesselview Link was the most expensive solution but it’s also the most highly integrated solution. There was another generic gateway that isn’t as functional.

The N2k has both HDS Live units, Vesselview Link, Point 1 GPS, and Motorguide trolling motor on it.

The Ethernet has both HDS units and the Active Target live imaging sonar on it
I'm a Honda OEM and use Garmin exclusively. Honda and Garmin have a similar relationship. You don't really need a gateway, just hook the Honda's NK2 network connection directly to the N2K network.

I refitted my center console with a new 250 Honda with electric shift, seastar optimus electric steering, Garmin radar, sonar, autopilot, dometic trim tabs, fusion audio, all integrated into the N2K.

Here's a picture of my panel.

1000021177.jpg

My son did the glass panel on his CNC and back lit it with color changing LEDs.

I'm a Honda OEM and use Garmin exclusively. Honda and Garmin have a similar relationship. You don't really need a gateway, just hook the Honda's NK2 network connection directly to the N2K network.

I refitted my center console with a new 250 Honda with electric shift, seastar optimus electric steering, Garmin radar, sonar, autopilot, dometic trim tabs, fusion audio, all integrated into the N2K.

Here's a picture of my panel.

View attachment 655383

My son did the glass panel on his CNC and back lit it with color changing LEDs.
That looks really sweet is that a center console?(reread sorry yes it is) Single engine? My death trap is a high performance bass boat so no active steering, shift, or trim but for some reason I can’t get the Vessel Control panel off of the display it’s a dead panel. Plus when running higher speeds I really need both hands ok the wheel it’s looking for a chance to kill me 😂

That looks really sweet is that a center console?(reread sorry yes it is) Single engine? My death trap is a high performance bass boat so no active steering, shift, or trim but for some reason I can’t get the Vessel Control panel off of the display it’s a dead panel. Plus when running higher speeds I really need both hands ok the wheel it’s looking for a chance to kill me 😂
You have a sadistic relationship with machines.

You should look at Optimus electric steering. It's completely programmable. It has a feature called proportional steering20240319_175410.jpg. It dynamically changes steering rate based on speed. So if you're running fast, turning the wheel turns the motor less but while at idle it turns it a lot. I think I've got mine set up as 2 turns lock to lock at idle.

You get zero feedback too. And, you can adjust the amount of resistance you feel while turning. Not that's it's all that important in your case, but it ties into your N2K network so you get rudder angle indication.

Yes, mine's a single engine 24', Tidewater. It's an awesome boat. Got me to Great exuma from Ft Lauderdale and back (over 800 miles).

20240326_131045.jpg

The murder channel is slowly convincing me there's a secret society of long-haul truckers that are serial killers.

There is definitely a crazy correlation between long haul truckers and hunting prostitutes like they were deer. It makes them the hardest serial killers to even notice...much less catch from what i have seen and read. They spread out their victims in such a broad area, and kill prostitutes which nobody cares too much when they go missing. Including police. Whats crazy is that all the trucker serial killers in the true crime media are just the small % of them that get caught. Being a hooker is apparently very dangerous.

Reactions: AM64 and Weezer

VN Store

Back