Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

We had one who was a total booze hound. If any alcoholic beverage was in reach she would go after it. Little monster.

Awesome dogs gcb. Hope yall enjoyed your goodgirl as much as we enjoyed ours. Never had a female, my aunt and uncle have both sexes that are siblings (Sausage and Biscuit) they are both great dogs. Before that they had a female (Gretchen) at the same time as we had our male (Czar). They were best buds of course. My goodboy loved to surf on my styrofoam surfboard in the Pigeon, Little Pigeon, and any other body of water we went to. We used to always go grill out in Sevier county and play in the Little Pigeon river when I was a kid. I could find a good flat rock to skip across the top of the river...Czar would swim out to where it finally stopped and dive down to the bottom and get THAT specific rock and bring it back every time. The water at the spot we always went to was only 3 or 4 feet deep at the deepest point, but it moved at a decent pace depending on water level/rain...and I was always just astonished he could identify that same rock when underwater. I still dont know how the heck he did it because you cant smell underwater...so i guess he could just see that well even in that clear water? Between that and catching crawdads with a solo cup all day those were some of the absolute best memories I have from my life. Both my Grandparents were still alive, and being a kid the world was still full of wonder and adventure. That was in the mid 1980s for me. Great times man. Great dogs too. God bless you and yours too my VOL brother.

I loved it when Keith Jackson basically had to eat his words after deciding it was going to be a Miami blowout. Still my favorite UT game - better even than the NC game.
"does Tennessee think they can dink and dunk the whole game against this great miami defense?" - I think it was broyles that said that.

Awesome dogs gcb. Hope yall enjoyed your goodgirl as much as we enjoyed ours. Never had a female, my aunt and uncle have both sexes that are siblings (Sausage and Biscuit) they are both great dogs. Before that they had a female (Gretchen) at the same time as we had our male (Czar). They were best buds of course. My goodboy loved to surf on my styrofoam surfboard in the Pigeon, Little Pigeon, and any other body of water we went to. We used to always go grill out in Sevier county and play in the Little Pigeon river when I was a kid. I could find a good flat rock to skip across the top of the river...Czar would swim out to where it finally stopped and dive down to the bottom and get THAT specific rock and bring it back every time. The water at the spot we always went to was only 3 or 4 feet deep at the deepest point, but it moved at a decent pace depending on water level/rain...and I was always just astonished he could identify that same rock when underwater. I still dont know how the heck he did it because you cant smell underwater...so i guess he could just see that well even in that clear water? Between that and catching crawdads with a solo cup all day those were some of the absolute best memories I have from my life. Both my Grandparents were still alive, and being a kid the world was still full of wonder and adventure. That was in the mid 1980s for me. Great times man. Great dogs too. God bless you and yours too my VOL brother.
Awesome, Marcus. Love this. They make us better, I'm sure of it.

BTW, my niece works for the Hornets and we plan on spending time in Charlotte periodically. Would enjoy meeting you someday.

Last edited:
Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Hey Sam’s Club, if you want to make sure I paid for everything in my cart have cashiers at the checkout. I’m not waiting 30 minutes for permission to leave your store with the goods I just paid for.

Reactions: StarRaider and AM64
Hey Sam’s Club, if you want to make sure I paid for everything in my cart have cashiers at the checkout. I’m not waiting 30 minutes for permission to leave your store with the goods I just paid for.
why cant you wait? You got all day till your wife picks you up.

I had a pleasant shopping surprise today at Lowes. Found out that Lowes no longer applies the military discount to major appliances among other things - bummer, but apparently the people working in the store have a lot of flexibility with discounts. The freezer in the garage died Friday afternoon. Costco and Lowes (online) have the same GE freezer for $949 - Costco as I read it doesn't charge to deliver and haul away (not convinced). The clerk was great; the freezer started at $949, then there was another $50 4th of July discount and she added another $79 to cover deliver and haul away. With tax it came out to about $25 over the price that both Lowes and Costco quoted. So cheaper than the final Costco price would have been.

Bad thing. I didn't do my homework properly - a 21 cu ft freezer is obviously a lot bigger than the existing one. Gonna have to remove a very useful shelf.

Awesome, Marcus. Love this. They make us better, I'm sure of it.

BTW, my niece works for the Hornets and we plan on spending time in Charlotte periodically. Would enjoy meeting you someday.

Would definitely like to get up with you and grab something to eat or a drink when you're here. Let me know when yall are gonna be here and i will get you my contact info OK? Dink and Louder both have my number too if you are already in touch with either of them. Charlotte is unfortunately much hotter than anywhere in Florida in the summer sadly. Its nice spring and fall though and winter is usually mild like Knoxville. Can't speak to the nightlife here anymore because I accidentally got old haha...but it used to be pretty nice downtown. Charlotte has more than a million folks so its a decent sized city. Theres some solid music here most of the time.

Edit * if you get my number from 1 of the guys here text me please so I call you back. I don't usually answer stray numbers that aren't in my contacts and I don't want to miss you. I never even set up the vmail on my phone. 😃

I had a pleasant shopping surprise today at Lowes. Found out that Lowes no longer applies the military discount to major appliances among other things - bummer, but apparently the people working in the store have a lot of flexibility with discounts. The freezer in the garage died Friday afternoon. Costco and Lowes (online) have the same GE freezer for $949 - Costco as I read it doesn't charge to deliver and haul away (not convinced). The clerk was great; the freezer started at $949, then there was another $50 4th of July discount and she added another $79 to cover deliver and haul away. With tax it came out to about $25 over the price that both Lowes and Costco quoted. So cheaper than the final Costco price would have been.

Bad thing. I didn't do my homework properly - a 21 cu ft freezer is obviously a lot bigger than the existing one. Gonna have to remove a very useful shelf.

Lowes is better than HD by miles in my opinion. I never, ever go to the depot except for the very rare circumstance that they have an item which I really need that isn't available at Lowes. Glad to hear they took care of you.

Reactions: AM64
Found some old pics of me and my then girlfriend and some of my tribe hanging out and partying on Bourbon Street before and after our beat down of the Canes. Damn! What a party that was, seems like a lifetime ago and just yesterday at the same time.

View attachment 656669View attachment 656670View attachment 656671
You look like a Joey. Good looking group of Tennessee folks. My kind of people. Nothing more fun than a UT tailgate. Love being in a sea of Orange.

Actual time lapse photos of road construction in Knoxville. Bastards!

Looks like Alcoa highway. My mom lives in Alcoa walking distance to the pool and HS etc....they have been working on Alcoa hwy for what seems like at least a decade and accomplished very little. Its absolutely ridiculous. You can bet the contractor is making millions though, and that the politicians that made sure they got the contract got kickbacks and campaign donations for life.

Why is it that you can drive past road work in any state in this country and its always 1 or 2 guys working and 3 guys watching while leaning on a shovel? That ratio holds up across thousands of miles of roads and 48 continuous states? Usually about a 3 to 1 or 4 to 1 ratio...its as if they have guidelines that no more than 25% of the manpower can actually be working at any point in time haha. Over here in NC, they make sure to do all the roadwork on the major interstates and at choke points in broad daylight including at peak rush hours too...as to cause as many delays and traffic as is mathematically possible. Love that. Heaven forbid they actually did that at night time when the same interstates are desolate and could easily accommodate all traffic in a single lane without causing delays...

I was there as well
That whole season was so much fun. Missed the GaTech game, dont even think it was on tv, but Raveiz had to kick like a 50 pluser to tie it 6-6 with time expired. It was back up QB, whats his name, I can see his face, first start after TR injury.

dangit.. Daryl ?, dont tell me Ill get it,

Reactions: AM64 and StarRaider

VN Store

Back