Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

That whole season was so much fun. Missed the GaTech game, dont even think it was on tv, but Raveiz had to kick like a 50 pluser to tie it 6-6 with time expired. It was back up QB, whats his name, I can see his face, first start after TR injury.

dangit.. Daryl ?, dont tell me Ill get it,
Carlos not Fuad (both are great dudes)

Carlos not Fuad (both are great dudes)
I would of said Fuad..forgot all about Carlos.
I remember being at a bonfire party and listening to JW, so not sure if it was on TV,
I liked those TBS games. If you werent in the hunt, you hardly ever saw your team play though.

I would of said Fuad..forgot all about Carlos.
I remember being at a bonfire party and listening to JW, so not sure if it was on TV,
I liked those TBS games. If you werent in the hunt, you hardly ever saw your team play though.
Trying to remember if it was on TBS (not sure)... I thought we were going to lose when Carlos missed a field goal in the 4th but then redeemed himself

1985: On October 26, 1985, Tennessee and Georgia Tech played to a 6–6 tie in a game dominated by the two teams' heralded defenses, namely Georgia Tech's "Black Watch" defense, and Tennessee's "Big Orange Crush" defense. An early Tennessee turnover allowed Georgia Tech to take a 3–0 lead, which remained the only score until the fourth quarter, when a David Bell field goal extended the Yellow Jackets' lead to 6–0. Tennessee quarterback Daryl Dickey engineered three fourth-quarter drives into Georgia Tech territory, the first culminating with a 55-yard field goal by Carlos Reveiz, the second ending with a 21-yard missed field goal by Reveiz, and the third culminating in a 51-yard field goal by Reveiz with just seconds remaining to tie the game at 6.

Trying to remember if it was on TBS (not sure)... I thought we were going to lose when Carlos missed a field goal in the 4th but then redeemed himself

1985: On October 26, 1985, Tennessee and Georgia Tech played to a 6–6 tie in a game dominated by the two teams' heralded defenses, namely Georgia Tech's "Black Watch" defense, and Tennessee's "Big Orange Crush" defense. An early Tennessee turnover allowed Georgia Tech to take a 3–0 lead, which remained the only score until the fourth quarter, when a David Bell field goal extended the Yellow Jackets' lead to 6–0. Tennessee quarterback Daryl Dickey engineered three fourth-quarter drives into Georgia Tech territory, the first culminating with a 55-yard field goal by Carlos Reveiz, the second ending with a 21-yard missed field goal by Reveiz, and the third culminating in a 51-yard field goal by Reveiz with just seconds remaining to tie the game at 6.

Throttled #1 AU and beat AL on road and we were only ranked 16.A differnt era I guess and the SEC was second tier to B10 and PAC10, at least to the national reporters. Should of beat UF, but that one wasnt on TV. Should of beat UCLA. Ole Johnnie tied some ball games.

TR was my fav QB ever. And Hooker.
Definitely not boring was Vol Ball, that high-wire act performed without a net by a quarterback built along the lines of a tent pole and by a collection of receivers who could make a bundle working wallets in Bogotà. Together, they like to change about 65% of the plays called from the booth and throw it long instead, and darned if they don't hit half of them. Then, all of a sudden, you're trying to call plays in the fourth quarter while maniacs with orange faces and blue breath are bringing down the goalposts on your very heels. Ah, what's the use? You weren't using 'em anyway.

Definitely not boring was Vol Ball, that high-wire act performed without a net by a quarterback built along the lines of a tent pole and by a collection of receivers who could make a bundle working wallets in Bogotà. Together, they like to change about 65% of the plays called from the booth and throw it long instead, and darned if they don't hit half of them. Then, all of a sudden, you're trying to call plays in the fourth quarter while maniacs with orange faces and blue breath are bringing down the goalposts on your very heels. Ah, what's the use? You weren't using 'em anyway.
Wearing his trademark orange wristbands around his ankles (that's how skinny he is)

I swear I would of thought TR was 6-5..he was only 6-3 but he looked so tall. Just goes to show how much bigger they are these days.
I thought the play was better then though.

Reactions: AM64 and StarRaider
Well f$&@… I was researching how to get rid of an unwanted tab on my new boat displays and I read on the internet what supposedly fixed it. So I did it and when in came up it was REALLY pissed off. Did more reading on the internet and what I did is a damn “soft reset” so I blew away the whole setup that I’d worked on for days on and off 🤬I’ve got the other unit for reference so I just need to replicate that manually on the other unit. But that’s probably a 2-3 hour job to get it all back. 🤬🤬🤬🤬 dammit…

BTW the damn unwanted tab is still there 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Anyone here use Instacart? I've been using it for a year and according to my credit statements, I've spent way less on groceries than I did last year.

It finds sales, buy one get one/two free deals, and other specials for you.

This was delivered to my house tonight and total after delivery and tip was $85.

20240708_212259.jpg

Anyone here use Instacart? I've been using it for a year and according to my credit statements, I've spent way less on groceries than I did last year.

It finds sales, buy one get one/two free deals, and other specials for you.

This was delivered to my house tonight and total after delivery and tip was $85.

View attachment 657331
Never used it.

I still buy my dry goods from the general store. Take my wagon to town once per month to stock up.

VN Store

Back