Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Seeing reports now there may have been severe icing in the area. A Sigmet was issued for severe icing from 12,000 ft to FL210
I heard one of the aviation talking heads say it looked like a classic they got slow and dirtied up and departed controlled flight at 17kft and just never recovered. And yes they emphasized icing in the area.

We're going to lose the gold medal count. China won gold in weightlifting today to reach 40. US is still at 38. Women's volleyball about to lose to Italy and settle for silver. Blades lost her wrestling match and settled for silver. Women's basketball will hopefully win gold, but that'll still put us one short of China.

I hate losing. Sure, we won the most medals, but if you don't win the most gold, it just means you came up short the most times.

Sadly, if the high jumper from Bama had just accepted a tie for gold yesterday, we'd still have a chance to tie. But he wanted a jump off, and he lost.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I heard one of the aviation talking heads say it looked like a classic they got slow and dirtied up and departed controlled flight at 17kft and just never recovered. And yes they emphasized icing in the area.
The town they crashed in sits at about 2500 feet above sea level. I don’t see them getting dirtied up (extending flaps, etc.) at 17,000 MSL. That’s awfully early and high to do so. If they were in severe icing, I’m wondering why they didn’t get lower. They should have been able to get out of the icing based on this terrain map surrounding São Paulo. The town was just to the NW of SP.

IMG_4284.jpeg

The town they crashed in sits at about 2500 feet above sea level. I don’t see them getting dirtied up (extending flaps, etc.) at 17,000 MSL. That’s awfully early and high to do so. If they were in severe icing, I’m wondering why they didn’t get lower. They should have been able to get out of the icing based on this terrain map surrounding São Paulo. The town was just to the NW of SP.

View attachment 666346
I was just passing on what one of the aviation pundits said and your opinion definitely makes more sense. At 17k ft I don’t know what else they would have been doing other than descending 🤷‍♂️ I could have misinterpreted what the analyst was saying but it did sound like he was implying he thought (it’s all speculation) they were in the middle of reconfiguring the aircraft.

I had another thought thinking back to that Buffalo commuter crash in icing. That was a tail stall in icing right?

The thing about China is they rarely lose an event where they're favored. Where they're good, they're really good. If they get their gymnastics back to where they were, beating them in gold will be tough sledding.

The thing about China is they rarely lose an event where they're favored. Where they're good, they're really good. If they get their gymnastics back to where they were, beating them in gold will be tough sledding.
US needs to focus on excelling at more sports. We'll probably never win the Winter Olympics, but we should own the Summer Olympics.

We came up just short so many times. Hence all the silver and bronze medals.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
@McDad got in some pool time at the resort he's staying at

iTvsUP.gif

Do those diving boards get periodic inspections? That one is overdue! The manufacturer could use that video as a sales pitch ... McDad would want a premium NIL deal though.
SeaWorld is willing to give him an endorsement as long as he's willing to change his name to Shamu.

Reactions: AM64 and McDad
I was just passing on what one of the aviation pundits said and your opinion definitely makes more sense. At 17k ft I don’t know what else they would have been doing other than descending 🤷‍♂️ I could have misinterpreted what the analyst was saying but it did sound like he was implying he thought (it’s all speculation) they were in the middle of reconfiguring the aircraft.

I had another thought thinking back to that Buffalo commuter crash in icing. That was a tail stall in icing right?
It was. The captain kept pulling back on the yoke to maintain altitude when the plane was stalling (wing).

f*** helping anyone move if you aren't related to/sleeping with them.

Actually, screw that if you are sleeping with them.
Again, we need to stop having inmates picking up trash on the side of the road. They should be blindfolded, until it's go time, and then they should spend all day helping people move. You are welcome America

What's ridiculous is that it is 100%, with zero honest to god embellishment, across the street. Thing is, the buildings don't have elevators. It's too late in the day to hire anyone.

I'm at the point where I will give homeless junkies 300 bucks to lighten the load.

I'm going down two floors, and up three floors.

What's ridiculous is that it is 100%, with zero honest to god embellishment, across the street. Thing is, the buildings don't have elevators. It's too late in the day to hire anyone.

I'm at the point where I will give homeless junkies 300 bucks to lighten the load.

I'm going down two floors, and up three floors.
Oof. You are a better man than me

I'm at a bar in the old city taking a break. She waited until the very last day to do it.

I love this woman but she has 0 systematic sensibility.

****ing artisans.
Got roped in to helping one of my wife's perpetually singe friends move once. Told my wife, you ever volunteer me again to move any of your friends, it's splitsville and I'm not kidding. I don't have the time for it and we're not 22 year old college graduates just helping our buddies, moving a few furniture items, 5-10 boxes and then popping a few cold ones planning our golf outing the next day.

VN Store

Back